Brisbane Meet & greet.

Sorry for the double up as I posted this already in the wrong topic.
The night was worth every cent. I spoke personally to every player except those who didn't make the trip.
It was more like a sportsman's like function...food, drinks, a couple of guest speakers, players signing stuff and raffles for signed jersey and corporate seats to the Broncos game.
I asked Kimmorley what's going to happen with him next year and he said he will be in charge of developing the step up.
I figure that means picking the eyes out of juniors and getting them ready for NRL.... development in other words. Nothing new but at least it's confirmed.
The best thing is Kelma told me he has not signed with Manly who are putting on the squeeze. He said he's waiting to see what WT come up with.... interesting. I thought he had signed.
He said he wants to stay 😁🤔 I told him I'd throw in 10 bucks and begged him to stay..we had a laugh.
The coach told me in the morning there is no training, just a walk with shoes on...no earthing 😁
Spoke a lot to Daine Laurie and chatted about his and my indigenous rellies, it was worth coming here just for this.
Whilst talking to a group they said Noffa is definately coming back for preseason training.
Junior T's birthday and on stage with all the boys he blew the cake candles out.
James T said he really wants to be apart of the team next year because he loves the boys and he sees them building something special.
Daine was cheaky as, when Joffa was asking the fans for any more questions, Daine said "I have one, do you have any of that ringworm cream left" crowd laughed.
Joffa when interviewed about the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys said the boys drowned their sorrows at the mad cow nightclub.
I'll post up a couple of pics tomorrow and any more gos that crops up.

P.S. One of the most athletic dude surprisingly was Starford To'a.

We’ll have to disagree on this. There would be no shortage of reasonably priced rooms to have it. $20 maybe but $70 is nuts. You’d want Jackson Hastings hand-feeding you for that money. I think it’s a shonky way to treat interstate fans.
Maybe a few years back man…
You seen the price of petrol of late - nothing is getting cheaper!!

The night was worth every cent. I spoke personally to every player except those who didn't make the trip.
It was more like a sportsman's like function...food, drinks, a couple of guest speakers, players signing stuff and raffles for signed jersey and corporate seats to the Broncos game.
I asked Kimmorley what's going to happen with him next year and he said he will be in charge of developing the step up.
I figure that means picking the eyes out of juniors and getting them ready for NRL.... development in other words. Nothing new but at least it's confirmed.
The best thing is Kelma told me he has not signed with Manly who are putting on the squeeze. He said he's waiting to see what WT come up with.... interesting. I thought he had signed.
He said he wants to stay 😁🤔 I told him I'd throw in 10 bucks and begged him to stay..we had a laugh.
The coach told me in the morning there is no training, just a walk with shoes on...no earthing 😁
Spoke a lot to Daine Laurie and chatted about his and my indigenous rellies, it was worth coming here just for this.
Whilst talking to a group they said Noffa is definately coming back for preseason training.
Junior T's birthday and on stage with all the boys he blew the cake candles out.
James T said he really wants to be apart of the team next year because he loves the boys and he sees them building something special.
Daine was cheaky as, when Joffa was asking the fans for any more questions, Daine said "I have one, do you have any of that ringworm cream left" crowd laughed.
Joffa when interviewed about the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys said the boys drowned their sorrows at the mad cow nightclub.

GREAT NEWS CC.
I think ST could be a KNaqama for those that liked him, give him a couple years.

No mentions about our two signings for next year?

GREAT NEWS CC.
I think ST could be a KNaqama for those that liked him, give him a couple years.
Great to hear the night was worth it @Cobarcats. Starford To'a has something about him. I've seen him do some really impressive things in his short time with us. Hopefully him and Kepaoa keep improving, they could be a deadly combo.

Thanks mate, that was a great round up of the event and you obviously enjoyed yourself and got your moneys worth.

It's just a shame that with the current economic climate many just would not be able to afford it especially if you have kids and need to pay for more than just yourself to attend.

Interesting news about Kelma, I know many criticize him but I think there is potentially a pretty good footballer in there that would be worth developing a bit further particularly with our short comings in the second row department.

Thanks mate, that was a great round up of the event and you obviously enjoyed yourself and got your moneys worth.

It's just a shame that with the current economic climate many just would not be able to afford it especially if you have kids and need to pay for more than just yourself to attend.

Interesting news about Kelma, I know many criticize him but I think there is potentially a pretty good footballer in there that would be worth developing a bit further particularly with our short comings in the second row department.
Money isn't a problem for me especially for what I got out of it.
I understand the price is expensive for a family.
It was at the Town Hall, food, staff, etc. Things are not cheap these days and the organisers said it was going to be a small gathering to make it more personal.
They could have made it a BBQ type deal at an oval which costs stuff all which I've been to but this was different.
I'm not winging, too much of that goes on, time to have some fun 😁👍

His combination with Brooks is getting better. Those two caused havoc against the Cowboys. People forget that he is essentially a rookie. He only has 20 games under his belt.

I knew they’d be there. I personally steered well clear of that joint lol.
Na, I loved the mad cow. I remember when it was first opened, better fun there than the Bank nightclub. The Seaview beer garden on a sunday sesh was fun.

I was heading out and then changed my mind got some bottles and went back to our apartment. Saved myself a heap of trouble I suspect.
Well you'll never know mate hey.
I used to do security work in Townsville before I got busted up and most of the clubs there had my back. Great fun if your not a dick. There's a few of them up there, must be the heat 😁

Naden is actually a cool dude to talk to. He's shy but cheeky.
He had his lady and little baby there. He was showing the bub to everyone, carrying her around like he won a meat tray 🤣

Warning forumballers , everyone is on notice as of now. Today s behaviour by some will no longer be tolerated. Remember attitudes like this can get you in trouble and moved on. So if you aspire to make the forum MVP TOP 30 this year, pull ya socks up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back