Brooks is no good

@kazoo-kid said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458729) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458710) said:
@kazoo-kid said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458682) said:
Haha eat it Brooks haters! He's gonna be here next year and there's nothing you can do about it! :middle_finger: :middle_finger:

There’s always one loser that’s happy with continued inept performances..
take a bow son !

I am the sole remaining member of LBFC. Therefore I now assume the role of President. One day you will all beg me to reinstate your memberships.

Everyone's got a chance at winning lotto too.

@bigsiro said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458757) said:
@lauren said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458732) said:
There's worry for the pressures and challenges they'll undergo as WT players and I just don't want this experience to drive them away. I'd also like to be a club that is competent in optimally developing all our players tbh.

Lauren, you always speak sense, even though I don't always agree with you.

You see Brooks as a scapegoat, but don't you think it is more detrimental to the club and our development to keep a halfback who has failed to deliver for nearly a decade?

And don't you think we have invested quite enough into his development? It's not like we haven't tried.

I'm not saying we have had countless halves breaking our doors down over the last decade, but isn't there also the argument that management's unwavering faith in him has potentially cost us the chance to develop anyone else over this woeful period? The argument definitely goes both ways.

To your other point, I'm not saying he is solely responsible for our failures, but you cannot say that an underperforming halfback (no matter the excuse) is not a big part of the problem.

Players want to be part of success. My fear is, that players recognise our managerial lack of fortitude and don't want to be part of a club where losing is rewarded.

@GNR4LIFE and @Kazoo-Kid may be right, we might be stuck with him for better or for worse.
It's just not for better. It isn't. We have had more than enough evidence to know.

Us as fans desperately crave some measure of success, some measure of improvement. As such, we should be demand more decisive action from our club's management. Even if you see him as a scapegoat.

What demands can you make as a supporter? You are totally powerless my friend. The only weapon you have is to repeat the same opinion over and over and the club will still do what it’s going to do.

@bigsiro said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458683) said:
I thought he was one of our best out there yesterday.

The wind was really tricky for his kicking game and he still managed to get lots of kick metres in. Also, because he is smaller than other players his passing game probably suffered due to the swirling breezes.
So now people are blaming Brooks for the elements? Seriously, how pathetic.

Did you all see that Brooks made less errors than pretty-boy Cleary? If Brooks was playing for Penrith they would have won by 70+. Cleary is just lucky he has Luai - makes him look good. If we had a better 6, Brooks would be the Australian halfback. Easily.

And by the way, tackling is Brooks' best attribute, cannot believe people would pick on him for a few missed tackles. It is so obvious that he was isolated so many times in defence due to his outside backs not doing their bit - blame them!

And finally, the captaincy has affected his play. He was unbelievable the first 20 rounds when he wasn't the captain. Suddenly he misses a tackle and puts one bad bomb in? It's the captaincy, I blame Madge.

I'm tired of you guys and all this Brooks bashing when you cannot see that it is absolutely never his fault!

Great post bigsiro. Spoken like a true supporter.

@kazoo-kid said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458994) said:
@bigsiro said in [Brooks is no good](/post/1458683) said:
I thought he was one of our best out there yesterday.

The wind was really tricky for his kicking game and he still managed to get lots of kick metres in. Also, because he is smaller than other players his passing game probably suffered due to the swirling breezes.
So now people are blaming Brooks for the elements? Seriously, how pathetic.

Did you all see that Brooks made less errors than pretty-boy Cleary? If Brooks was playing for Penrith they would have won by 70+. Cleary is just lucky he has Luai - makes him look good. If we had a better 6, Brooks would be the Australian halfback. Easily.

And by the way, tackling is Brooks' best attribute, cannot believe people would pick on him for a few missed tackles. It is so obvious that he was isolated so many times in defence due to his outside backs not doing their bit - blame them!

And finally, the captaincy has affected his play. He was unbelievable the first 20 rounds when he wasn't the captain. Suddenly he misses a tackle and puts one bad bomb in? It's the captaincy, I blame Madge.

I'm tired of you guys and all this Brooks bashing when you cannot see that it is absolutely never his fault!

Great post bigsiro. Spoken like a true supporter.

He’s stuck on repeat

Does he ever post outside the Luke Brooks thread?

I think he’s in love

Just wish he'd run the ball more. Look at that first game highlights package... what could have been. :(

Back