BULLDOGS SALARY CAP DRAMAS

If there was a father son allowance in the NRL and the dogs paid some freight I would take Hoppa

But I don't think the dogs will cough up any $s and there is no father son allowance

So my view is a no

@ said:
Gnr in 3 2 1 with the obligatory Woods to stable Club post. ..

Hey Geo, im retired from Woodsy bashing. Nothing worse than being one of those posters who when you see a thread on a particular topic you just know they will be front and centre carrying on like a windbag.

@ said:
@ said:

Hey Geo, im retired from Woodsy bashing. Nothing worse than being one of those posters who when you see a thread on a particular topic you just know they will be front and centre carrying on like a windbag.

Recent retirement is it? Cause you've been front and centre every week in the spoilers threads every time the Bulldogs have lost :laughing:

Anyway, good for you ?

I don't think we'll ever see Woods in a blues jersey ever again …... he was never really origin standard.

@ said:
I'm curious, would anyone be prepared to take Woodsy back if half his salary was paid for by the doggies?

On last years form yes. On this years form no.
I watched one of their matches where he caused an obstruction simply because he was plodding out of the line instead of running back. It summed up what I had seen of him this year. The contrast of woods wallowing on his back after a tackle compared to how packer fights to stay on his knees is stark.

@ said:
@ said:

This has to be the funniest comment I have ever read on here. I’m pretty sure woods has an AVO out against you.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Recent retirement is it? Cause you've been front and centre every week in the spoilers threads every time the Bulldogs have lost :laughing:

Anyway, good for you ?

With the amount of people who get stuck into him in the spoiler threads now, i don''t need to stick the boot in, there's enough to do it for me. My work is done :laughing:

@ said:
I don't think we'll ever see Woods in a blues jersey ever again …... he was never really origin standard.

I can't see him making the team this year or being picked again. If he makes it this year it's a joke but he was there last year so it's possible. I don't know why he has made so many rep teams because he just isn't in that class.

@ said:
@ said:

I can't see him making the team this year or being picked again. If he makes it this year it's a joke but he was there last year so it's possible. I don't know why he has made so many rep teams because he just isn't in that class.

Absolutely

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
What was that comment one of their directors made, something along the lines of; we don't have dramas like that, we're not the Wests Tigers?

I hope it takes them 10 years to sort out. Enjoy life in the basement Woodsy.

Refer: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/des-hasler-contract-saga-wont-destabilise-canterbury-insists-bulldogs-statesman-george-peponis-20170323-gv54xx.html

especially the bit: "….... "We're not a Wests Tigers."

Dr George , huge respect as a rugby league player , tough as they come hooker , but you lost me right there

May the karma last until I take my final breath , I'd surely rest in peace on that note

The only reason i would take Woods back is for free and put him on the Magpie bench for the whole season and give him 5 minutes at the end of the game.

He will be looking for a way out of the Dogs ASAP at the end of the season.

@ said:
He really had no idea, did he.

No one did.

But what you are seeing with the dogs is Dib/Castle knowing how they can push the cap. Then Anderson and CO coming in and going "Oh, … were way over".

I kinda dont blame Woodsy for not understanding the finances. Mr Moses, well that's a different story. Clearly they can't afford Morris on 600k and Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Hopoate (I don't want him unless he comes cheaply!), etc.

FYI, I would take Woodsy back at 400-450k, he is an upgrade on Tim Grant but clearly not as good as our 600k players. I honestly don't get why people expect brains and smarts from Rugby League Forwards, look great when they are there... But I generally assume a Willie Mason Benchmark till proven otherwise.

@ said:
The only reason i would take Woods back is for free and put him on the Magpie bench for the whole season and give him 5 minutes at the end of the game.

He will be looking for a way out of the Dogs ASAP at the end of the season.

When you have a cancer cut out, you do not want it back!

We've simply moved on from those three players. Tedesco to me looks to have reached his peak and has lost his pace. Defence is not his forte either

Heard Trent Robinson interviewed before last night's game he said they were happy with Teddy but were working on his defence to fit in the Rorters game I remember him bringing down a flying Semi Radradra 10 out from our line from that day we all new Teddy could defend the problem I see is at the Tigers he was the Star of the team at the Rorters he's in a team of Stars

@ said:
Heard Trent Robinson interviewed before last night's game he said they were happy with Teddy but were working on his defence to fit in the Rorters game I remember him bringing down a flying Semi Radradra 10 out from our line from that day we all new Teddy could defend the problem I see is at the Tigers he was the Star of the team at the Rorters he's in a team of Stars

Read the Chookpen comments and some are suggesting he won't put his body on the line. Unlike WTs, the Roosters are not forgiving of poor performance and big dollars comes with expectations.

@ said:
@ said:

Read the Chookpen comments and some are suggesting he won't put his body on the line. Unlike WTs, the Roosters are not forgiving of poor performance and big dollars comes with expectations.

Surprised to hear that. He made a lot of excellent 1-1 try savers for us. He had to. But if they’re looking for a metre making colossus out of their own end, yep, wrong bloke.

Back