Campbelltown crowds

10 minute drive from Wests Ashfield to Leichhardt Oval compared to the 50 minute drive from Wests Ashfield to Campbelltown Stadium.
Hmmmm, wonder which ground they would rather we played at....

Yeah I don't know why the club bother

Liverpool stadium won't be happening

Leichhardt's my favourite ground but next year with no contract with Stadiums NSW I'd be going 6 Campbelltown, 4 Leichhardt (2 games for Easter Monday/Magic Weekend/Tamworth).

Need to commit to the area and improve results. And Leichhardt obviously needs some upgrades....

Why when there is no investment from Campbelltown

Stunning given the club’s engagement with the local area.

Stunning that people turn up. Having a single training session out there in the lead up to a game should have people falling over themselves to turn up.

Why should the club do any more in the area when they don't even turn up to 3 games a year they get? Crowds of 9,621, 10,231 and 7,182 this year. Embarrassing.
Campbelltown can expect more from the club when the locals actually make the effort to go to games.

If you live in the area and you want better representation then the least you can do is attend games.

Why should the club do any more in the area when they don't even turn up to 3 games a year they get? Crowds of 9,621, 10,231 and 7,182 this year. Embarrassing.
Campbelltown can expect more from the club when the locals actually make the effort to go to games.
Yes they should be thankful for the players attendance.

• Love
Reactions: BZN

If you live in the area and you want better representation then the least you can do is attend games.
Club releases players without replacements and sack a decent coach , fans vote with their feet. Punt Pascoe.

Where else do we go.

It's the only place that has any sign of spiritual connection.

I don't think Leichardt would get the same support unless we were winning regularly if every home game was at Leichardt.

I also think that we keep being told that the South-West is our future and we should be supportive of that area.

Our winning record at Leichardt isn't great as well.

Definitely. That will be the final nail in the coffin. committing to a crowd average that even the Titans would laugh at.
It’s the future, more Liverpool if a stadium is built. LO will also feature,. That is your team.

I agree with this as well. If the fans were turning up in droves it might be a different story but they aren't and they never have.
Definitely.
My whole point. In this clubs entire existence Campbelltown haven't shown support to the team. There is no justifiable reason to keep playing there. They're a handbreak on the entire club.

I don't think Leichardt would get the same support unless we were winning regularly if every home game was at Leichardt.

I also think that we keep being told that the South-West is our future and we should be supportive of that area.

Our winning record at Leichardt isn't great as well.
Half the people at Leichhardt couldn’t give a shit about the club or league. They turn up in Balmain retro jerseys for a social event like the hip farmers market or latest brunch venue.

It was like me going out to Henson park last Saturday for Newtown vs Souths. Couldn’t give a shit, but met makes for beers. As a venue, Leichhardt is of a similar standard. Nothing better than standing in a cement dungeon flowing with other’s bodily fluids

Was there today…no atmosphere, the crowd struggled to get the Tigers chant going….those around me were more interested in sinking grog than watching the game.
Not too sure about the sinking grog bit because I was too busy watching the game to notice what people around me were doing, but have to agree with the other points that you made.

I can understand the lack of crowd enthusiasm as it was a real low quality game and as predicted our halves pairing had absolutely nothing without Jackson Hastings in the team to run the show.

Didn't see too much on display today to create too much enthusiasm for the remaining 4 rounds of this season.

Can really only hope that the Titans keep losing so that we can avoid the spoon.

Definitely.
My whole point. In this clubs entire existence Campbelltown haven't shown support to the team. There is no justifiable reason to keep playing there. They're a handbreak on the entire club.

I'm not going to be that harsh but the claims that we should focus solely on the South-West aren't backed up by the crowds they get at Campbelltown.

The excuses about the club not committing there are really poor excuses as well.

I think we should support the area but that is it.

I also think if we can actually get a decent footy team on the park the support might turn around.

Half the people at Leichhardt couldn’t give a shit about the club or league. They turn up in Balmain retro jerseys for a social event like the hip farmers market or latest brunch venue.

It was like me going out to Henson park last Saturday for Newtown vs Souths. Couldn’t give a shit, but met makes for beers. As a venue, Leichhardt is of a similar standard. Nothing better than standing in a cement dungeon flowing with other’s bodily fluids

I have a couple of mates in the area who are passionate Tigers fans. You are though right about the general demographic.

Leichardt though does get a lot of support.

I'm not going to be that harsh but the claims that we should focus solely on the South-West aren't backed up by the crowds they get at Campbelltown.

The excuses about the club not committing there are really poor excuses as well.

I think we should support the area but that is it.

I also think if we can actually get a decent footy team on the park the support might turn around.
Goes both ways though.
Why should the club do anything more there when the locals don't even turn up to the 3 games they get? If they consistently had crowds of 15k+ you could understand their argument but they aren't even anywhere near that right now. And it's pretty low bar.

Compare that to Leichhardt where inner west fans turn up rain, hail or shine.

To me it's pretty obvious what area of Sydney we need to be focusing on for our future. And it's isn't the South West.

Back