Can the WT make the top 8 in 2023

Even shonky Sheens is suggesting we won't make the top 8 next year as we are a "development" club looking after "pathways"

Even shonky Sheens is suggesting we won't make the top 8 next year as we are a "development" club looking after "pathways"

After watching Sheens explanation on NRL 360 it struck me..

What's a development Coach..?

Fair dinkum..It is just a bunch of PR corporate BS spin..

Do not buy it for 1 minute.. Sheens has always been a master of spin..All Sheens is doing is buying another 3 years of excuses ...Oh no sorry I mean reasons.. it was like I was back in 2010,,,reasons not excuses

Wests Tigers need a winning Coach..period..

Re-build, Re-tweeking, Re-enginieering .. it's all the same we have heard for 10 years..

Unfortunately us fans just have to accept it...
Either you listen to Sheens or, like the previous 3.5 years listen to "ebbs and flows" with that stunned mullet look on his face.

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
Silly thread.
We don’t know the coach or the roster.

Recent history says no, but hey, every flea infested pussy cat has its day 🤔

We were sent up the garden path the previous 3.5 years by roadkill.

Either you listen to Sheens or, like the previous 3.5 years listen to "ebbs and flows" with that stunned mullet look on his face.
You are in for such a shock over the next 3 years when your hero fraud comes up empty.

This statement is not good and is just not enough,
We, the long suffering fans, require a much more detailed explanation that gives us a higher hope than that.

Clubs like Parra, Sharks and the Cowboys have done their rebuilds in a relatively very short time,
How much bloody longer do we need to wait if it's not going to be next year that we make the 8?

This statement is not good and is just not enough,
We, the long suffering fans, require a much more detailed explanation that gives us a higher hope than that.

Clubs like Parra, Sharks and the Cowboys have done their rebuilds in a relatively very short time,
How much bloody longer do we need to wait if it's not going to be next year that we make the 8?

We all hope for a major improvement in our club and the quicker the better or some of us older people won't get to see it.Glib phrases from any of our talking heads just is not good enough,heads should roll very quickly if it's all talk and no results but i doubt that will happen.Unfortunately another goose is being prepared for the chopping block

With this squad and the good signings that are on the way here.
there was a growing sense of confidence by many in this forum feeling that we could make the top 8 next year (2023)

But this feeling we had was felt when Madge was the coach, so how do we feel now?

My feeling is that you just do not sack a coach prematurely unless you have a strong belief that the next coach will almost certainly give us a much better chance of making the 8.

And we still don't know who this new coach is.

It seems as if the WT may have played a fatal Russian roulette once again, i just hope that this is not the case for us long suffering fans.
Absolutely we can.
Atm we are four quality players short of a top 8 side.
Next year we've got two coming and I'm sure a new coach will demand more, if he brings another 2 then yes, I'm confident.

Believe it or not Lauren your talents can be used in the NRL,

Coaches are being sacked because they couldn't get some of their players to tackle like an NRL player should tackle,

These players have been showing signs that they would be better suited in another sport.

Are you sure that you don't want to take up coaching? and enhance the natural skills of some these players who are unable to make it in the NRL
Haha thanks but no thanks, especially not the Wests Tigers.
Believe it or not it's not all ribbons, poise and grace but rather pushing your body beyond its limits/capabilities while self-regulating emotional, psychological and physical pain.

My experiences with a development coach helped me gain high discipline and concentration levels through mental and agility training - as it was specifically tailored to further my growth and accelerate technical application, by increasing technique and (exercise) difficulty levels each session to build core strength and balance in a controlled environment.
Not entirely sure how it would work for an NRL team but I'd think the aim would essentially be the same. Which would be to maximise your performance and deliver plans that focus on this.
So this doesn't sound too silly considering the team's current state.

too early to tell. depends on how we finish the year, whether any of the youth in the lower grades get to debut and if they show promise, and of course who the coach is and whether we can recruit players in key positions for 2023 (front row, second row).

I'd argue that with Laurie, Doueihi, Hastings, Koroisau, Utoikamanu, Twal and Papali'i that we have a strong nucleus, but there's a lot of things up in the air at the moment. we'll just have to wait and see.

We are not done this year.

With improving form and players returning if we win our next 2 wr still have a chance.

For most of 05 we were a developing club.

We are not done this year.

With improving form and players returning if we win our next 2 wr still have a chance.

For most of 05 we were a developing club.
I feel that, We may have that chance if the new coach is appointed soon (Ciraldo or Morris)

I doubt that this could be achievable with Kimmorley, but i hope he suprises us and wish him every success.

Been saying it a lot lately…unless the recruitment team has plans in action to replace the pigs we‘ve lost - from outside this system - not only will we not make the 8, we will be down the arse end of the ladder once again.

Back