CEO - Shane Richardson

Well CSS is actually in Leumeah so building it there isn’t a bad idea. I assume it’s close to the stadium, but it’s not going to be funded like the Concord COE was. The one being built in the south west is $16.7 million and is in partnership with the club, WSU, MacArthur Bulls and South West sport of academy. The one in Concord was about $70-$80 million can’t remember exact amount.

I still think for now Concord is going to be the main training ground for the club. The club would be dumb to abandon that big of a facility unless something better comes along.

I understand wanting to make our presence known better in the south west, but I think the fan attendance this year will help determine the course of action. If LO does better than CSS it does make it difficult I think to make that decision. They still may go ahead with it but if they do and LO does better fan attendance wise, I don’t think they can abandon it completely. Probably can still do 2-3 games a year at least. Be interesting to see what they decide.
I’d imagine it would be built next to CSS where the running track is. And attendance will all depend on our results. Like any other ground. Or any other club for that matter.

I’d imagine it would be built next to CSS where the running track is. And attendance will all depend on our results. Like any other ground. Or any other club for that matter.
Hard to make the argument for attendance based on results when LO even without no finals appearances in recent years, still generates around 12000-14000 while CSS struggles to hit 10000 at times. While it may play apart to an extent, I can’t say that’s the reason why the attendance in CSS has been poor compared to LO. If LO was struggling as well I would agree with you.

Hard to make the argument for attendance based on results when LO even without no finals appearances in recent years, still generates around 12000-14000 while CSS struggles to hit 10000 at times. While it may play apart to an extent, I can’t say that’s the reason why the attendance in CSS has been poor compared to LO. If LO was struggling as well I would agree with you.
For all the shade CSS gets thrown at it for attendance, the overall average crowd figure for both CSS and LO is only within 3 or 4k of each other.

For all the shade CSS gets thrown at it for attendance, the overall average crowd figure for both CSS and LO is only within 3 or 4k of each other.
When you don’t hit at least 50% attendance that’s a bad record. CSS at recent times has struggled to make that. I get its had some games where they’ve faced out of state teams which is a factor I’ll admit, but when you struggle to hit 10K for at least 50% attendance that’s a hard one to argue for. Hell CSS hasn’t hit 15K for a Tigers game since 2019 against the Dogs. If we get our act together, the attendance will probably go up a bit for them and I hope it does. But it has been poor mate compared to LO.

Well CSS is actually in Leumeah so building it there isn’t a bad idea. I assume it’s close to the stadium, but it’s not going to be funded like the Concord COE was. The one being built in the south west is $16.7 million and is in partnership with the club, WSU, MacArthur Bulls and South West sport of academy. The one in Concord was about $70-$80 million can’t remember exact amount.

I still think for now Concord is going to be the main training ground for the club. The club would be dumb to abandon that big of a facility unless something better comes along.

I understand wanting to make our presence known better in the south west, but I think the fan attendance this year will help determine the course of action. If LO does better than CSS it does make it difficult I think to make that decision. They still may go ahead with it but if they do and LO does better fan attendance wise, I don’t think they can abandon it completely. Probably can still do 2-3 games a year at least. Be interesting to see what they decide.
I’ve said it before . But the general area is transient , much like the whole GC. A large majority of people there are from other areas , either down south to move closer to the city , or c
From closer to the city , looking for better bang for thier buck : get into the property market .
It has gotten exponentially worse in the last 5-10 years .
The problem with this is these people already have thier loyalties to other clubs , AFL, A league , or just aren’t interested .
It would be beyond foolish to the move the club to this area . That can beeds to be kicked as far down the road as possible .
We do however need to engage the kids in the area , make our presence felt in schools , clubs , shopping centres , clinics , and if we have to give away tickets to fill c town for juniors , than we should look at that as well .
But as I said that’s just not sustainable in the short term , so will need to be subsidised by the corporate wealth , and population density of the inner city .
Anybody arguing any differently is completely not from this area , has thier head in the sand , or is completely delusional.
We need to find a way to make an event at Ctown a must see , and engage the locals .
We have it at LO , but that’s like a nostalgic trip down memory lane for everyone .
Parra managed to do it , by knocking the whole thing down and building Suncorp stadium lite . IMO that’s the real answer , build something the community can be proud of .
Because that ground has always seemed like mutton dressed up as lamb IMO . And I’ve been going there since I was 5/6 . And that wasn’t yesterday .

I never thought that going all out for a COE at Concord was such a great idea without having a long term plan for a home ground, unless of course Concord could have been redeveloped into a 25-30,000 seat ground, which of course was not the case and in fact the place would currently be packed out with a couple of thousand people.

Personally I think we are based and training at Concord for a long time to come which would not have been a problem if the original plans for Olympic Park rectangular stadium had of happened, in which case I would not have had a problem with that as a home ground even if we shared it with some others.

Homebush would have been ideal being centrally located between the inner west and the southwest with the Markets Club not too far away. We still could have have had a game or so a year at Leichhardt and Cambo to keep people happy.

Like some others on here, I believe that the South West and the Macarthur area probably is our future and we keep hearing stories about having funding for a COE out at Campbelltown which I assume will probably be at Leumeah next to the existing ground in the area where the athletics track is currently.

At various times there was talk of a COE somewhere out at the Western Sydney University site which is still quite some distance from CSS and I thought that was a dumb idea if a rebuild of CSS was ever to be a consideration.

Who knows what will happen while we seem to have no clue about where we will go to next.
If we are going to the Southwest, we need to be strategic and examine the greenfield growth areas in the Macarthur region. This allows for the development of a new stadium, club and COE perhaps with other revenue raising facilities. We should involve all levels of government, the NSWRL, NRL as well as the community and present a plan. Families will be looking for facilities in growth areas and we need to position ourselves long term for the future.

If we are going to the Southwest, we need to be strategic and examine the greenfield growth areas in the Macarthur region. This allows for the development of a new stadium, club and COE perhaps with other revenue raising facilities. We should involve all levels of government, the NSWRL, NRL as well as the community and present a plan. Families will be looking for facilities in growth areas and we need to position ourselves long term for the future.
Exactly this . We can’t just plonk ourselves here and go “alright we did it , we’re here ! You can love us now !”

Had an elderly in-law who once played in a Souths team captained by Clive Churchill back in the 50's. Richo turned up at his funeral. He was Souths CEO at the time. The family very much appreciated him taking the time to pay tribute to one of his club's old players. Lovely bloke.

I never thought that going all out for a COE at Concord was such a great idea without having a long term plan for a home ground, unless of course Concord could have been redeveloped into a 25-30,000 seat ground, which of course was not the case and in fact the place would currently be packed out with a couple of thousand people.

Personally I think we are based and training at Concord for a long time to come which would not have been a problem if the original plans for Olympic Park rectangular stadium had of happened, in which case I would not have had a problem with that as a home ground even if we shared it with some others.

Homebush would have been ideal being centrally located between the inner west and the southwest with the Markets Club not too far away. We still could have have had a game or so a year at Leichhardt and Cambo to keep people happy.

Like some others on here, I believe that the South West and the Macarthur area probably is our future and we keep hearing stories about having funding for a COE out at Campbelltown which I assume will probably be at Leumeah next to the existing ground in the area where the athletics track is currently.

At various times there was talk of a COE somewhere out at the Western Sydney University site which is still quite some distance from CSS and I thought that was a dumb idea if a rebuild of CSS was ever to be a consideration.

Who knows what will happen while we seem to have no clue about where we will go to next.
Iv stated it heaps I'm an ex Balmain boy but we belong in Campbelltown. It's our future only problem is we convinced other stake holders to invest in a COE at Concord that if we don't consistently use for a while yet will damage our standing. If we convince stake holders to invest millions into something we don't use I don't imagine it'll go down too well.

Iv stated it heaps I'm an ex Balmain boy but we belong in Campbelltown. It's our future only problem is we convinced other stake holders to invest in a COE at Concord that if we don't consistently use for a while yet will damage our standing. If we convince stake holders to invest millions into something we don't use I don't imagine it'll go down too well.
You can’t just move there and that’s it . There needs to be engagement , and incentive for people to attend the games . Especially with the history of neglect , whether warranted or not , being peddled for the last 20 years .
Not to mention a clear lack of corporate sponsorship . Sure people live there , and there’s the tiny corridor of business at Smeaton grange , but there’s literally , no corporate dollars there , and no history of engagement there .
It needs to be strategic , concise and achievable . Like I said a new stadium is the most easiest way to engage a community .
But who tells the players they have to drive for an hr / pay 30 dollars return everyday in tolls to train there every day ?
To me until there’s clear data showing that this is 💯 the right decision , the best and only strategy is to split the games and build the development COE , along with the strategies I mentioned .

Oppositions play a big role in crowd figures

in 05 after wed guaranteed a semis spot we played the dogs who were out of finals contention at Telstra as it was known...we drew almost 30k

2 weeks later we played penrith , out of contention, we got 17k

Week before the Bulldogs game we got 20k+ at CSS...i was at all these games

We win we go a long way to solving a problem Cambo has, much more to it than that...we need sponsors from that area too

There are a lot of supporters from other teams out in the Macarthur area.

When you go to games at CSS you quite often feel that you are outnumbered by opposition supporters and I don't think they all travel long distances to get to the ground, you only have to look out for stickers and flags etc. on cars to see how many supporters of other teams there are especially Souffs.

Even the last couple of Manly games there have been significant attendances by Manly fans and they are supposedly renowned for not travelling, so I may be jumping to conclusions but that tells me that there may even be fair numbers of Manly supporters out that way.

I would say that many Tigers supporters may be a little timid when it come to attending games because of our poor performances and I blame the club for neglecting the area for all these years.

The fact that many people have moved to the Macarthur area due to housing affordability and were already supporters of other teams for many years before moving there doesn't help but surely winning games and promoting the team in the area certainly would not hurt the numbers that turn up at games.

I mean there are certain positives when it comes to the location of CSS in that there is good, public transport, an M5 connection and parking is pretty good when you consider that with weekend games you don't have the lack of parking spaces that you have to contend with on week days, then of course there is the Club next door, even though they no longer have a connection to the Wests Tigers NRL side, at least they still support junior football in the area.

The NRL could certainly help by scheduling more attractive fixtures at better times out at Campbelltown.

Even little things like shutting down the Roar Store that was in Macarthur Square shows bugger all commitment to the area. I know the store probably operated at a loss and when they did shut it down they took on some sort of a partnership with a sports store in Gregory Hills that I believe ended up going out of business during COVID, so there is no-one dedicated to pushing Wests Tigers merchandise other than the Roar Store at Concord.

A lot depends on who your playing .LO seem to get more games against sydney teams then Cambletown.Im sure someone will do the comparison.
As I’ve said before, the allocation of games needs to fit the area. Eg Dogs, Raiders and Panthers are no brainers imo but games like Manly ( where they seem to be basing it on the old Fibros v Silvertails) are wrong.

I would love the nrl to come out and say right Tigers you are
5 x Cambo
5 x LO
home games you select
club selects what ground the game for that round is played
eg = Round 5. Tigers v Bulldogs , tigers can play at LO or Cambo , club choice ( Cambo )
round 13 Tigers v Parra ( LO )
etc. would be very good to help get fans to games
eg , Tigers v Manly at Cambo , Manly fans may not travel so we go to LO
Tigers v Panthers we go Cambo
just my rant but it would be a for club and win for NRL. TV plenty bums on seats

I would love the nrl to come out and say right Tigers you are
5 x Cambo
5 x LO
home games you select
club selects what ground the game for that round is played
eg = Round 5. Tigers v Bulldogs , tigers can play at LO or Cambo , club choice ( Cambo )
round 13 Tigers v Parra ( LO )
etc. would be very good to help get fans to games
eg , Tigers v Manly at Cambo , Manly fans may not travel so we go to LO
Tigers v Panthers we go Cambo
just my rant but it would be a for club and win for NRL. TV plenty bums on seats
Yep i think u on the right track , way to go 👍

Latest posts

Back