Charlie Staines #262

Your Username is "Buttface", and hey I get lost with Acronyms too..
ROFL?

Well all I can say is LOL. (Laugh Out Loud)!
Yeah the Mrs calls me that when I’m annoying or a smart ass, so quite often. I used to play a lot of online poker and that was my handle. I don’t facetweet or instatok so when I joined the forum I used the poker handle. She thinks it’s hilarious that I run with it.

Seriously , if Stains fires, his money goes up. Penrith let Critchton go and have others to fill his spot'. Many may be interested, but not Penrith.

Seriously , if Stains fires, his money goes up. Penrith let Critchton go and have others to fill his spot'. Many may be interested, but not Penrith.
Agreed highly doubt Penrith would take him back they got better and even better coming through apparently.

Gee I hate the way , people on here lay into players like nofa , yes he has his faults but he has been our only scoring option over the last few years , maybe u haters should look inside him , to see who doesn’t move up or comes out of the line leaving him stranded. Nofa proved he had the goods down at storm when U have a pack that tackles.
Wasn't a fan of Nofo and thought the club made a mistake releasing JAC and keeping him.

But been one of the better wingers on form last 2 years and probably in the top 3 finishers on right wing in competition.

As for the sideways running, well with our lack of go forward and attacking structure over the last few years even Teddy was running around in circles in his last year with us.

Yeah he can be a poser and entitled but playing with the tankers latterly in our club who can blame him for feeling a little entitled.

Gee I hate the way , people on here lay into players like nofa , yes he has his faults but he has been our only scoring option over the last few years , maybe u haters should look inside him , to see who doesn’t move up or comes out of the line leaving him stranded. Nofa proved he had the goods down at storm when U have a pack that tackles.
BP, I agree.

Nofa, does exactly what a Winger should do. Cross the try line.

The big question is if Nofa is defending hard enough OR if he is the reason our side has such a poor defensive record. After Nofa's time in the squad, Nofa is clearly a big factor... So is our buttersoft defence.

I saw Nofa miss tackles at the Storm, clearly while having the frame he lacks the will to put his body on the line. Yet totally agreed Nofa can cross the line and cross it well.

Our best FB is still Laurie, and Nofoaluma shall be sent to Antarctica to play for the Polar Bears and Dolphins. He may still struggle with his speed and defence!😢
1 Laurie
2 Staines
3 AD
4 Naden
5 Maumolo
Surely we need to look at both Laurie and Staines during the trials before we can make that call. I'm keen to see what Laurie has to offer at 5/8. I'm not sold on AD as a 5/8 or in a leadership role.

It is a very weird contract.
I can only imagine that Staines wants to stay at Penrith. Penrith explains that Staines isn't first in line this year and would have to wait.
Staines manager wants Staines to get game time (as anyone would) and so the 1 year contract with us the Tigers.

Meaning:
Expect Staines to boomerang back to Penrith after this season.

Hopefully Staines kills it and wants to keep playing with us. But hey Penrith got a very good Tyrone Peachey .... (ROFL).
That's how I see it too.

Wasn't a fan of Nofo and thought the club made a mistake releasing JAC and keeping him.

But been one of the better wingers on form last 2 years and probably in the top 3 finishers on right wing in competition.

As for the sideways running, well with our lack of go forward and attacking structure over the last few years even Teddy was running around in circles in his last year with us.

Yeah he can be a poser and entitled but playing with the tankers latterly in our club who can blame him for feeling a little entitled.
If he was one of the ‘better’ wingers the wooden spooners wouldn’t have loaned him out.

I'm glad someone was thinking like this.
I had this feeling that this 12mth contract was similar to that when clubs tell players to go England whilst they sort their cap out then come back in a year or two.
Yet he was swapped with Peachey for this year so it doesn’t really give Penrith a chance to tidy up their cap.

Yet he was swapped with Peachey for this year so it doesn’t really give Penrith a chance to tidy up their cap.
Yeh didn't look at it like that other than limited opportunities, then again he'll have to challenges the likes of Laurie for f/b and we have a few wingers now.
I wonder if there were any promises made by Sherns because he seemed to come over without too much fuss 🤔

It makes you wonder why they took Peachy and Garner. You would think after winning the top 4 grades you wouldn't need to look outside your own walls.
Peachy will play park footy out that way, if he makes the St Marys team. Garner may fill in over rep rounds.

Just wishful thinking on my part. Apart from Korosau and Papali’i we are still signing rejects, and while it can work out ok for us like Jo did, it continues to reinforce our “retirement village” tag. Klemmer is actually 30 next year, but it’s apparently important to note that he actually signed with us when he was 28. 😂 preretirement age. 🤣

Just wishful thinking on my part. Apart from Korosau and Papali’i we are still signing rejects, and while it can work out ok for us like Jo did, it continues to reinforce our “retirement village” tag. Klemmer is actually 30 next year, but it’s apparently important to note that he actually signed with us when he was 28. 😂 preretirement age. 🤣
We have a tarnished brand.

This is why we need to win games next year and prove that we are a New club with a never give up culture.

I doubt it was a straight swap, no way would an old Peachy be worth the same dollars as Stains at 22. They let Stains go to free up the money to retain their young stars i imagine. They are not stupid.

It makes you wonder why they took Peachy and Garner. You would think after winning the top 4 grades you wouldn't need to look outside your own walls.
Cheap depth.
You end up paying roughly the same amount for your juniors breaking through or a solid first grader keeping the junior warm for another year. Either way it’s astute roster management

I doubt it was a straight swap, no way would an old Peachy be worth the same dollars as Stains at 22. They let Stains go to free up the money to retain their young stars i imagine. They are not stupid.
No much spare change from the transaction in any case, though they did manage to convince peach to return for less money then he was getting with us in 23. Still the extra 50k could secure one of their juniors.

The jury is out on Staines. The reasons he came to us were, in no particular order; 1. he won't make the cut at Penrith 2. he's cheap 3. he's fast 4. We don't have any real speedsters.
To my mind, he is hanging on to the scrapbook accomplishment of his five tries in one game two years ago. From memory, he was simply required to catch the ball and cross the line in each case. Since then he has looked merely serviceable. He was rumoured to be a star in the juniors but has a lot to prove in first grade. There is no way he should replace Laurie, who, although needing to brush up in some areas, at least showed guts and some attacking flair towards the end of the season.

Latest posts

Back