Charlie Staines #262

With out the penalties/bins I actually thought peachy might have been a sheens back rower. Can play eyes up footy.
But I’m not sorry we moved him on.

Reactions: 851
Seems like a great deal to me. Could easily be a starter on the wing and having a guy that can keep pressure on Laurie and fill in is great. 1 year with plenty to prove in positions our depth has not been great.

Peachy for us was a liability unfortunately.

Seems like a great deal to me. Could easily be a starter on the wing and having a guy that can keep pressure on Laurie and fill in is great. 1 year with plenty to prove in positions our depth has not been great.

Peachy for us was a liability unfortunately.
It seems like a 1 season contract is a temporary solution to Penrith’s problem to keep a few origin stars. Who knows? He may enjoy playing in a Tigers team with the likes of Naden and Laurie, enough to not return?

Staines is reportedly on big coin, up to $500K. No one would sign him on that money. 1 year is so he can try and earn another big contract.
Sheens mentioned that word “development “ when describing Staines joining Tigers. Does 1 year show commitment and allow time for further development?

I would have preferred two years for Staines.
Maybe part of the agreement was that he couldn't just sign a contract with another club straight after nov 1, tigers had first priority to negotiate a new contract before attracting interest from other clubs..

Back