Charlie Staines #262

Clever move imo Staines signing for 1 year. He can play himself into a decent contract particularly in his favoured FB position. Having at least 2 clubs bidding.
Stains has come here on a decent contract, but not FB money. If he does perform, there will be numerous clubs after him. 1, 6, 7, and 9 are the most sought after in the game. Stains at least is a valuable commodity in a side as slow us ours, even if not at FB. He can play centre , wing and at a pinch maybe in the halves. Considering some of the players, we have given contracts too, i'm amazed. We need him, no matter where he plays, but if he performs the vultures will swoop from everywhere, and another one bites the dust.

Stains has come here on a decent contract, but not FB money. If he does perform, there will be numerous clubs after him. 1, 6, 7, and 9 are the most sought after in the game. Stains at least is a valuable commodity in a side as slow us ours, even if not at FB. He can play centre , wing and at a pinch maybe in the halves. Considering some of the players, we have given contracts too, i'm amazed. We need him, no matter where he plays, but if he performs the vultures will swoop from everywhere, and another one bites the dust.
My guess is he’s hoping to get back to Panthers for 24. And having us nudging up his price.

My guess is he’s hoping to get back to Panthers for 24. And having us nudging up his price.
Something obviously smells in this deal . He is 22. had a great record as a fullback in the lower grades, is fast and talented. He has spent a lot of time watching Edwards develope, and given very few chances behind a team of superstars. Penrith fighting hard to keep payers let him go, not because he wasn't valuable. Meanwhile the Tigers are screaming for a fullback, with talent and speed, are content with a wait and see attitude with, Laurie who as a longshot might be a half. and AD the perannial all purpose player.

Something obviously smells in this deal . He is 22. had a great record as a fullback in the lower grades, is fast and talented. He has spent a lot of time watching Edwards develope, and given very few chances behind a team of superstars. Penrith fighting hard to keep payers let him go, not because he wasn't valuable. Meanwhile the Tigers are screaming for a fullback, with talent and speed, are content with a wait and see attitude with, Laurie who as a longshot might be a half. and AD the perannial all purpose player.
I'm glad someone was thinking like this.
I had this feeling that this 12mth contract was similar to that when clubs tell players to go England whilst they sort their cap out then come back in a year or two.

If he kills it at fullback, surely the Roosters make room for him. After all, they only have three top line fullbacks and one is starting to get a little frayed around the edges.

I think a one year deal was probably by mutual consent. He would obviously want fullback money and the Tigers have given him a chance to prove that he deserves it. If he goes well, which I think he will, someone will snap him up. Hoping it's us, if he does.
On the other hand, if he's not great at the back and finds himself in our reserves team or on the wing, he will only have a winger level contract to look forward to. He's backed himself, so good on him!

I had this feeling that this 12mth contract was similar to that when clubs tell players to go England whilst they sort their cap out then come back in a year or two.
Panthers also have to make room Sunia Turuva the young Fijian fullback, he killed in the WC

I remember getting excited we’d apparently signed Tim’s other son, Charlie Sheen(s) and thought with all the merchandise sales, we were getting 2&1/2 men for the price of one?

He is a reserve grade player

Staines is fast.
His defence is surely an issue and probably an improvement on our current players!!!

Naden, Nofo, Ken M all have speed. Unsure re Laurie but it could be there.
Speed can be coached too.
Madge seemed to stifle the fast footy out of us. (for good and bad).
Staines is certainly the fastest player in our top 30 squad.

I'd say Staines>>>>>>Naden>>>>>>>Brooks>>>> Laurie

Nof and Ken have no speed whatsoever. Nof has a bit of acceleration over 10m, that's it though.

I remember getting excited we’d apparently signed Tim’s other son, Charlie Sheen(s) and thought with all the merchandise sales, we were getting 2&1/2 men for the price of one?
Emilio just never cut it ...did he .....Men At Work ...Breakfast Club ...meh

Staines is certainly the fastest player in our top 30 squad.

I'd say Staines>>>>>>Naden>>>>>>>Brooks>>>> Laurie

Nof and Ken have no speed whatsoever. Nof has a bit of acceleration over 10m, that's it though.
Nofa has speed.
He can cross the line. We saw 4 tries in the world cup.

Nofa just doesn't have defence and commitment. As he will age he will slow right down, I suspect the slowness this year is due to him not caring.

Unless he transforms under Sheens and hopefully his time at Melbourne will drill a bit of defence in him. Nofa should be punted. Nofa is fast, what you are seeing is him displaying a bad attitude in 2022.

Nofa has speed.
He can cross the line. We saw 4 tries in the world cup.

Nofa just doesn't have defence and commitment. As he will age he will slow right down, I suspect the slowness this year is due to him not caring.

Unless he transforms under Sheens and hopefully his time at Melbourne will drill a bit of defence in him. Nofa should be punted. Nofa is fast, what you are seeing is him displaying a bad attitude in 2022.
Yeah he's more interested in Instagram then playing footy.

Emilio just never cut it ...did he .....Men At Work ...Breakfast Club ...meh
Young guns he went good but the rest average.
Oh and I reckon we should sign someone good.
Wouldn’t wanna get off topic, one of the thousands of mods will have a panic attack.

When Stains got signed, there was hardly a ripple on the forum. I know he's a minor signing compared to the others, but considering our need for pace in the plodding backline, i was surprised at the lack of interest. Then it hit me-POW- the AD and Laurie fan club were under threat, the new kid was a ghost.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back