Collis - Officially GONE

steven_tiger

Cronulla sign Wests Tigers centre Dean Collis to a two-year deal

July 13, 2009 .Cronulla have continued their aggressive recruitment drive with the signing of Wests Tigers centre Dean Collis to a two-year deal.
\
\
Collis joins fellow Sharks recruits John Morris (Tigers), Paul Aiton (Penrith), Adam Cuthbertson (Manly) and Albert Kelly (Parramatta).

The Sharks have also announced the re-signing of experienced goal kicking winger Luke Covell to a new one-year deal.

Sharks Coach Ricky Stuart said he had a lot of faith in 23-year-old Collis.

"You only have to go back two years ago and Dean had a representative experience playing for City and I still think his best football is in front of him," Stuart said.

Currently recovering from an arm injury, Collis has played just eight top grade games for the Tigers this year and 77 in total during an NRL career which began when he was a 17-year-old in 2003.

Collis has scored 20 NRL tries and kicked 15 goals from 18 attempts in 2008.

I'm unsure how I feel about this… He was in horrible form at the start of the year, but is a damn good player when fit and in form.

Good luke to Dean at the Sharkies anyway.

I think it was in Dean's best interests and the clubs that he move on. He's spent a lot of time injured over the last couple of years and I think the Tigers have some good centre prospects at the moment, as well as in the juniors. I don't think he's been missed a great deal this season as it is.

im pretty disapointed :eek:pen_mouth: wish we could of kept him loved watching play would of rather ryan went then collis
Good luck at Cronulla Dean
will miss watching you in Tigers colours

This will come back to haunt us, and so it should. I hope he goes well as he's a great player.
But it was a good move for us.

I think this makes one thing clear:

One of these two things will happen next year
a - Moltzen a 7, Ayshford at 3
b - we buy a new 7, Moltzen at 3

Could come back and haunt us or it may not. Hard to say what 2 injury proned seasons will do for him. As it stands it's not a bad loss but if he can recover the form then oh well….....hindsight. Gotta say though, i'll be peeved if Sheens names him ahead of Ayshford this week.

I think this is a blow mainly because it comes on top of losing Tagive…
I hope Ayshford gets first crack at the centre spot, unless he bulks up and gets a good crack at lock just to get his hands on the ball more.

I don't really like the idea of Moltzen in the centres, I think his defence is not up to it yet.

@Tigerpete said:
Could come back and haunt us or it may not. Hard to say what 2 injury proned seasons will do for him. As it stands it's not a bad loss but if he can recover the form then oh well….....hindsight. Gotta say though, i'll be peeved if Sheens names him ahead of Ayshford this week.

I think Sheens's thinking is that Ayshford and Lawrence will be the centres next year, meaning Collis wasn't in his plans, so I'll think we'll see the same thing that happened with Morris happen with Collis, they wont be in the starting line up again this year.

Not happy,I am one of very few who rated collis,if Ryan doesn't get a tap on the shoulder to leave early i will be peeved.

Lets see how they spend the money to replace Collis.
I like the look of Ashford in the centres, howeevr i do think we need another srtike centre to cover.

Maybe a change of scenery will help become the player we all 'hoped' he would become here… He probably will, but it's a good move by us... hopefully this means we are close to, or trying to seriously sign Vuna

Under peformer for a few years now. We were promised a clean out and are getting it.

Not too fussed to be honest, always had potential but never really fulfilled it. Ayshford & Lawrence in the centres will do me fine.

Wish Dean Collis all the best at the Sharks….It wasn't working for him here at Wests Tigers....He has got talent but sometimes it's in a player and clubs best interest to part ways...I feel no animosity towards Collis for looking at other opportunities or the Club for letting him go....

If he plays first grade again this year at the expense of Ayshford or another young centre....Sheens HAS lost it....

Good player but the club needs a clean out. Collis & Tagive could be big losses though.

I think we are getting some money in the bank to start buying the players we need.

Yes, I am Sorry to see him go, as I do everytime we lose players, who have come up through the lower grades. However, it may prove to be the best thing for Dean and the Club. Good luck, Dean.

I am not as disappointed with this as i would have been 3 years ago.As much as i like him as a player he has had a lot of injury problems and his form at the start of the year was abysmal.

I wish him luck and hope he is succesfull at the sharks

i still don't get what goes on with Collis' goalkicking. he looks to be our best option for goal kicking, but can't do it becuase of an injury.

Can't kick a ball, but can play first grade NRL?

Latest posts

Back