Concorde Oval....

TrueTiger

I didn't want to turn this back into a Harry T thread as we already have one,however,he has mentioned that we play in three different venues and would like us to have Concorde as our home base…

My question to all you guys and girls is,that I heard it was going to be sold as there is the new Connex being built,wouldn't this make it impossible to consider Concorde for the future playing venue for us as well as a continued training facility...

I'm only asking as I haven't heard anything more about the new Connex project....

I'd be all for it TT, for a number of reasons. It would be a Central home where players are familiar with it's surroundings already and the other is we will bury the Leichhardt and Campbelltown debates we have all had at one point or another.
Then maybe then we can finally all March together in the same direction, I won't hold my breath though :unamused:

People complain about the facilities and infrastructure around Leichhardt. They obviously haven't been to Concord. No way could it host an NRL game, even if the stadium was given a facelift. Parking, roads and public transport surrounding the ground is woeful. Parramatta Rd through Burwood is bumper to bumper all weekend, and you want another 20,000 people thrown in the mix?

Concord is close to the half point between Balmain and Lidcombe. Homebush is less than 4km from Lidcombe but is already built.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

@alex said:
People complain about the facilities and infrastructure around Leichhardt. They obviously haven't been to Concord. No way could it host an NRL game, even if the stadium was given a facelift. Parking, roads and public transport surrounding the ground is woeful. Parramatta Rd through Burwood is bumper to bumper all weekend, and you want another 20,000 people thrown in the mix?

Imagine 20,000 punters trying to squeeze off the M4 bottleneck at once.

I thought the got rid of those Planes ages ago…
\
\
As for Concord....never happen

@Cultured Bogan said:
@alex said:

Imagine 20,000 punters trying to squeeze off the M4 bottleneck at once.

Harry T will chopper every one in :smiley:

How about a Marley Brown Oval upgrade

Flatten the junior fields and the touch fields build a super stadium , from the centre of town to the ground is a five minute trip and its less than two minutes from the airport

You Mexicans will have to just deal with the trip to Sydney Airport and then the 2 hour flight to Happy Rock

There is potential to build a good stadium there though.
At Concord behind the grandstand opposite the tunnel side there is land there, if Council approved you can maybe get a 4 storey Car park, just saying.
If we could get some Government funding maybe could be an option if the Club felt worth it.
But I do agree homebush stadium is already there ready to go, if we wanted to entertain it as being our permanent home.

The NSW government is providing money for the development of one super football stadium in Sydney. It will be a huge re-build at one of the following three existing stadiums;

1\. Parramatta.
2\. ANZ Homebush
3\. Allianz Moore Park.

Thank you all for your comments…
Myself personally I don't care where we have our home base,as long as it is a viable proposition for all concerned...
Was just wondering why Harry would mention it,especially with the Connex project going through it.....cheers.....

@foreveratiger said:
At Concord behind the grandstand opposite the tunnel side there is land there, if Council approved you can maybe get a 4 storey Car park, just saying.
If we could get some Government funding maybe could be an option if the Club felt worth it.
But I do agree homebush stadium is already there ready to go, if we wanted to entertain it as being our permanent home.

It's not free/empty land. It's a set of hockey fields used by local sports clubs pretty much every day of the week.

Government would never put money into Concord with Homebush just across the M4.

Although not originally from the Wests side, I think it would be a real shame not to play games in Campbelltown.

I think the future is a 50/50 split between Campbelltown and either SFS or ANZ. I think the Macarthur people will come back to the club if we can get more competitive and consistent on the field.

@alex said:
@foreveratiger said:

It's not free/empty land. It's a set of hockey fields used by local sports clubs pretty much every day of the week.

Yeah your correct, you have refreshed my memory there is Hockey fields there.

I still feel that if the Macarthur district is ignored another club will market their team the right way and steal a lot of supporters and dollars.

Without dragging the crowd attendances into this, the Macarthur area is a footy mad & footy starved area. Get WT winning some games and they will come. Concorde is not the answer.

Back