Conspiracy theories

@tiger5150 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296828) said:
Lets give everyone else a break.

I agree with this. It's not worth engaging with you on this topic.

@magpies1963 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296813) said:
@harvey said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296685) said:
@earl said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296675) said:
@mike said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296660) said:
Sorry but I disagree. Some of the views expressed are so far from reality they are not just opposing views. They clearly show a cognitive disability. If they were within my field of influence I would absolutely have them assessed.

There is a clear lack of rational and logical thought. I have a friend who is schizophrenic. I don't see how his illness is characterized as a mental health issue and some of the opinions on here aren't considered a mental health issue.

There has been depression in my family and although it is a serious issue it is actually considerably less an issue that some of the loony tune theories on here.

I mean these are complete breaks from reality. It's not an opinion. It's a complete break from reality. If it isn't a mental health issue what is it ?

You often find that a the strongest conspiracy theory believers are disenfranchised or those living on the edges of society. The theories provide a justification for where they find themselves. It is the fault of "The System", "The Illuminati choose who will be successful", "You have to be a member of some secret society to achieve a particular role", "The radical left supports everyone bar me".

It absolves the individual of all blame, allows them to solely act in their own self interests and reject any norms of society that are not appealing to them.

G'day Harvey : a well written post :+1: , but you will have to explain the last paragraph to me. I'm a bit thick sometimes :blush:

Along the lines of it’s not my fault I can’t get that job/promotion or get told my efforts are not up to standard.

It is nothing I am doing, but because I am not part of the “in” crowd.

I can avoid any COVID-19 safety measures because it is a scam being perpetrated by the global controlling group.

I am better/work harder than that person and their accumulation comes from being part of/selected by the chosen group. Therefore they got what they have unfairly and I have as much right to it as they do. Therefore I should be able to take it.

The US election results were contrived by the pizza parlour paedos and therefore it makes perfect sense to storm the capitol building and try to kill elected representatives because they must be part of the conspiracy.

Pence went from hero to traitor within 3 day.

@earl said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296833) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296828) said:
Lets give everyone else a break.

I agree with this. It's not worth engaging with you on this topic.

Not once you have been shown up as either a troll, ignorant or lying to put others down, Im not letting you off that easy. You just called me a liar and dishonest on the forum.

Did I post peer reviewed scientific research to support my argument?

@harvey said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296836) said:
Sorry but I disagree. Some of the views expressed are so far from reality they are not just opposing views. They clearly show a cognitive disability. If they were within my field of influence I would absolutely have them assessed.

There is a clear lack of rational and logical thought. I have a friend who is schizophrenic. I don't see how his illness is characterized as a mental health issue and some of the opinions on here aren't considered a mental health issue.

There has been depression in my family and although it is a serious issue it is actually considerably less an issue that some of the loony tune theories on here.

I mean these are complete breaks from reality. It's not an opinion. It's a complete break from reality. If it isn't a mental health issue what is it ?

You often find that a the strongest conspiracy theory believers are disenfranchised or those living on the edges of society. The theories provide a justification for where they find themselves. It is the fault of "The System", "The Illuminati choose who will be successful", "You have to be a member of some secret society to achieve a particular role", "The radical left supports everyone bar me".

It absolves the individual of all blame, allows them to solely act in their own self interests and reject any norms of society that are not appealing to them.

G'day Harvey : a well written post :+1: , but you will have to explain the last paragraph to me. I'm a bit thick sometimes :blush:

Along the lines of it’s not my fault I can’t get that job/promotion or get told my efforts are not up to standard.

I can avoid any COVID-19 safety measures because it is a scam being perpetrated by the global controlling group.

I am better/work harder than that person and their accumulation comes from being part of/selected by the chosen group. Therefore they got what they have unfairly and I have as much right to it as they do. Therefore I should be able to take it.

The US election results were contrived by the pizza parlour paedos and therefore it makes perfect sense to storm the capitol building and try to kill elected representatives because they must be part of the conspiracy.

Thanks Harvey : I'm new to this subject "conspiracy theories" so I've got a lot of learning and understanding to do.
I did have a bit of a read about the Illuminati, and there ideas sound interesting.

@magpies1963 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296882) said:

Thanks Harvey : I'm new to this subject "conspiracy theories" so I've got a lot of learning and understanding to do.
I did have a bit of a read about the Illuminati, and there ideas sound interesting.

Once you have finished there, move onto QAnon, you should have most things covered then and be able to see the world so much clearer, you will make friends and people will flock to you in discussion at dinner parties...

EDIT; For those comprehensionally challenged, this is sarcasm

Careful you don’t go down the rabbit hole.

Not really a conspiracy theory, so probably the wrong thread, but I love entertaining the possibility of ideas like this one:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

Or this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

@tiger5150 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296883) said:

Once you have finished there, move onto QAnon, you should have most things covered then and be able to see the world so much clearer, you will make friends and people will flock to you in discussion at dinner parties...

Thanks for your advice 5150, but I really dont need to be a hit at dinner parties. I like people, but these days I try to avoid parties of any sort.

@magpies1963 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296895) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296883) said:

Thanks for your advice 5150, but I really dont need to be a hit at dinner parties. I like people, but these days I try to avoid parties of any sort.

For the best, it was tongue firmly in cheek, I would avoid QAnon like the plague,,,, and dinner parties for that matter.

@tilllindemann said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296890) said:
Not really a conspiracy theory, so probably the wrong thread, but I love entertaining the possibility of ideas like this one:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

Or this

I keep saying ‘computer end program’, but nothing changes 😎😎😎😎

@mike said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296900) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296890) said:

Or this

I keep saying ‘computer end program’, but nothing changes ????

Mike I know this isnt really a conspiracy theory,but the modern day IT,phones and computers have heavily impacted the true word social....
Let me explain,I have a friend who I know is quite intelligent and has a Managerial position in a Harvey Norman large store...I used to have wonderful conversations and a glass of wine with her sometimes and enjoyed the company and conversations immensley.however,once she got a facebook account and a new beaut does everything phone,I noticed when we had conversations she would constantly pick her phone up,flip it up flip it down smile and then say to me"what did you say just then"...very rude and anti social behaviour,some people make a life of being on facebook,some for good reasons some for whatever reason...so in my opinion many people get involved in the world of cyberspace and forget about reality and this is how I reckon these theories arise...Im no expert and dont care much for being on the phone constantly looking up what someone else is up to,I do however dispise rude anti social behaviour especially the younger ones who are being raised in this environment,there is a time when you need IT,thats the world we are in,but you can also cast it aside and be a proper human being as well....

@papacito said in [Conspiracy theories](/post/1296724) said:
Back in the day I had a relative that would spend every night alone in his backyard, away from his family with a telescope, trying to prove that aliens exist.

For the most part, it was harmless weirdness. For the other 20 hours of the day the alien obsession took a back seat to normal life.

Now social media detects if someone is interested in conspiracy theories and jams packs newsfeeds and timelines with more of the same, creating a self-reinforcing echo chamber of conspiracies, allowing you to binge on it 24/7.

There's no doubt in my mind that social media fuelled conspiracies have played a major role in tipping many people into a bad mental state.

Could of spent about 80 minutes at Bankwest or Redfern

Latest posts

Back