Credit for 2 who usually dont get it

Mad_Tiger

Yes the usuals played great today, Moltzen, Farah, Ellis etc…

But today im giving credit to 2 guys who were brilliant, and have been for our run of 3 games...

Bryce Gibbs, as usual his defence has been rock solid, but his work in attack has been great, He is bending the line and doing it constantly. He has also cut out the penalties out of his game and IMO has been one of our best the last 3 weeks...

The other is Danny Galea, A highly under-rated player and IMO has been going better then anything Heigno has thrown up this year... Today his defence was AWESOME... The amount of times he put hits on canberra players to shut down their attack was unbelievable.
He isnt signed for next season AFAIK and imo he should be offered a spot right up now...

Just thought these 2 guys deserved the praise after great efforts today and the last few weeks..

Yep… I tend to give Gibbs a bit of spray after games but last week was one of his best games and this week he certainly didn't let up... in regards to Galea... he hits harder than anyone else in the team! Great technique and has a very high work rate. He's starting to find his feet in the side as he is getting more game time and i have no doubt he'll start to show us something in attack!!

Good stuff from both players today!

Agreed completely.
With everyone doing what should be done in defence it meant that the best 2 defenders were able to stand out even more.
& Gibbs' running has improved massively this season.

Bryce Gibbs had his career best game and he is in career best form. If we get KG back next week I think we will thrash Manly. We might even do it without him.

In talking about our defence though… although i wasn't at the game, Gallant barks orders non-stop for 80 mins! I think he's played a part in the tigers improved defence

I agree, Gibbs, Ellis, Galea and Farrah were outstanding today. Moltzen was great as well. All good signs for our run to the semis

Gibbs ia allways good in defense thats not the reason why he gets it here

its hes go forward and it still is poor

btw imo gibbs is one of the best defense props in the game and he seems to play more like a 2nd rower than a prop

Gibbs playing like that and with Galloway back fit & firing gives us a quality front-row. Skando, Payten, Shirnak & maybe Laurie can give us a good front-row rotation.

I hope that Gibbs keeps this up and another prop or two come up through the lower grades. It is still a major are of conern for our club.

@X-Pac said:
btw imo gibbs is one of the best defense props in the game and he seems to play more like a 2nd rower than a prop

That is a conclusion I have also recently came to.

@X-Pac said:
Gibbs ia allways good in defense thats not the reason why he gets it here

**its hes go forward and it still is poor**

Seriously have you watched a game in the last 3 weeks???

His hitups have been as good as if not better then any of our other forwards.. He is running with vigour, he is hitting the line hard and still working through the line whereas before he would stop…

Some people are never satisfied... :unamused: :unamused:

@senex said:
@X-Pac said:

That is a conclusion I have also recently came to.

8 - Kieth
9 - Robbie
10 - Real prop
11 - Ellis
12 - Gibbs
13 - Galea

Bench from - Fulton, Laurie, Schirnack, Schirnack, Dwyer, Gower, Davidson, Skandalis etc.
Not a bad forward pack…..

Good to hear Gibbs had a good game. Cops heaps of unfair flack and has deffinately been his best year in FG.

Galea sounds to have had a typical good game with lots of hard tackles.

@Mad Tiger said:
Yes the usuals played great today, Moltzen, Farah, Ellis etc…

But today im giving credit to 2 guys who were brilliant, and have been for our run of 3 games...

Bryce Gibbs, as usual his defence has been rock solid, but his work in attack has been great, He is bending the line and doing it constantly. He has also cut out the penalties out of his game and IMO has been one of our best the last 3 weeks...

The other is Danny Galea, A highly under-rated player and IMO has been going better then anything Heigno has thrown up this year... Today his defence was AWESOME... The amount of times he put hits on canberra players to shut down their attack was unbelievable.
He isnt signed for next season AFAIK and imo he should be offered a spot right up now...

Just thought these 2 guys deserved the praise after great efforts today and the last few weeks..

Gibbs has been solid for the most part this season. He's had a few poor games where the Tigers couldn't hold the ball to save themselves but otherwise this has been his best season since he's been in FG. He has made over 100 metres per match regularly this season and is averaging 99 metres per game for the season, which is slightly more than Ellis. He'll be further aided when Galloway returns, which will hopefully be next week.

As for Galea, I like his defence, he hits hard and does it well but like Payne, he offers nothing in attack. At the moment the Tigers are getting away with it but Galea is averaging 40 metres a game which doesn't cut it for a second rower IMO. Heighno averages 115 and Ellis 98 in comparison. I think if Galea isn't re-signed, his lack of go forward in attack will have definitely counted against him, but with 6 games remaining, we'll see if he can get himself another contract with the Tigers.

As others have said Gibbs is consistently making around 100 metres in attack. Some of the people saying he's average really need to watch the games. He hardly ever misses a tackle and is now consistently making the metres (which he failed to do in previous years).

Some of the props people are saying we should sign like Kade Snowden arent doing any more than Gibbs is currently doing.

Back