Cricket Season Thread

I would pick Fatty Finch over Warner, but there are about 25 million Australians I would pick before Finch. Selectors need to go first, not selecting Head was criminal. At least we might have a replacement for the so called Goat who has looked like a Woat (worst of all time) recently, particularly on fifth day pitches.

I would pick Fatty Finch over Warner, but there are about 25 million Australians I would pick before Finch. Selectors need to go first, not selecting Head was criminal. At least we might have a replacement for the so called Goat who has looked like a Woat (worst of all time) recently, particularly on fifth day pitches.
Do Tests still go 5 days ? I thought that was a thing of the past.

I'm shocked.
An Aussie team without fight.
Forget the distractions, the pitch, the cream....
Just look at the bowling, fielding and the batting.
Sure, there's one massive glimmer of hope - well done Murphy.
But the "team."
Selections questionable.
No partnerships either batting or bowling.
No dogged stay in the fight.
Easy way out.

Unfortunately Australia got what they deserved. Poor planning by Cricket Australia, with no lead up game to get the players used to Indian pitches. Poor selections, apart from Murphy. Head should have played. Cricket Australia, which is top heavy with Victorians, found a way to get another Victorian batsman into the side, despite the fact that his technique was found to be poor last time he played for Australia. Cricket Australia is the most incompetent body I have ever had to deal with.

Unfortunately Australia got what they deserved. Poor planning by Cricket Australia, with no lead up game to get the players used to Indian pitches. Poor selections, apart from Murphy. Head should have played. Cricket Australia, which is top heavy with Victorians, found a way to get another Victorian batsman into the side, despite the fact that his technique was found to be poor last time he played for Australia. Cricket Australia is the most incompetent body I have ever had to deal with.
But let’s not forget we brought in an Ashwin clone to bowl in the nets. Now that worked.
Maybe, for the right money, Ashwin himself will actually come to the nets and roll his arm over.

Simple in, Head, Green, Starc, Agar
out Warner, Renshaw, Handscomb, Boland

Simple in, Head, Green, Starc, Agar
out Warner, Renshaw, Handscomb, Boland
PS And the top 5 bats make some real runs !!!
Khwaja
Head
Labuschane
Smith
Green
Carey
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy
Agar

2 pace, 3 spin and 1 all rounder. If we can’t knock them over with that mix we may as well come home. Remember we have to bowl them out twice to win.
But does put added pressure on top order with such a long tail.

Even though I am not a fan of Warner’s latest batting efforts, I would keep him in and not pick Agar. I think having Green and Starc back in improves the bowling and Head could be used as another to bowl some spin. I think we need to keep a long batting lineup.

Warner is a question mark but appears finished to me.
I thought Agar gave some variation as a lh spinner but know it’s a balancing act to have a batting line up capable of scoring some runs and a bowling lineup able to take 20 wickets.
Let’s see what eventuates.

Are there any other openers beside Warner? Renshaw used to be an opener right?

Hopefully Green and Starc are back next game.

Renshaw played all of his early cricket as an opener (and debuted in tests as one), yes. I don't think there are any others beating the door down from shield cricket.

Not sure why the suggestions of Boland being dropped above, he out-bowled Cummins comfortably, dried up the runs completely at one end which lead to wickets falling at the other.

Renshaw played all of his early cricket as an opener (and debuted in tests as one), yes. I don't think there are any others beating the door down from shield cricket.

Not sure why the suggestions of Boland being dropped above, he out-bowled Cummins comfortably, dried up the runs completely at one end which lead to wickets falling at the other.
Boland bowled well again ......Cummins overpitched consistantly

Boland bowled well again ......Cummins overpitched consistantly
Because someone would have to go and it ain’t gonna be the captain ! And there is a difference between bowling well and getting wickets.
Ok what about we leave Boland in and forget the 3rd spinner Agar.
But then to me 3 quicks is too many on unresponsive wickets. So do we forget Starc in favour of Agar ?
No easy being a selector eh !

Because someone would have to go and it ain’t gonna be the captain ! And there is a difference between bowling well and getting wickets.
Ok what about we leave Boland in and forget the 3rd spinner Agar.
But then to me 3 quicks is too many on unresponsive wickets. So do we forget Starc in favour of Agar ?
No easy being a selector eh !
Don't argue it isn't easy ...but our bowling attack has been coming up short lately

Don't rate Agar ...prefer Kuhnemann

The word is Agar can't even find form/rhythm in the nets.

Travis Head is a more than handy spin bowler and should've been picked in the first test on batting form alone. I'd go with

Khawaja
Renshaw
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Handscomb
Carey
Cummins
Murphy
Boland
Lyon
Kuhnemann (12th man)