Cricket Season Thread

Honestly, who gives a stuff?
This is how you are supposed to play whilst the series is still alive.

Good to finally have a victory and confirm our place in the World Championship final.
If they can scrounge another victory next match a 2-2 series result in India not too bad.
Untrue. They lost the series in 5 days. If they manage a 2 all draw, it’ll mask what really occurred…spectacular failure.

Untrue. They lost the series in 5 days. If they manage a 2 all draw, it’ll mask what really occurred…spectacular failure.
Agree with that T and not saying they weren’t disgraceful early doors, but many teams fold to 4-0,5-0 easily. A bit of fight in the last 2 tests shows there’s a pulse, especially for what’s ahead.
Also, if they’d approached selections, and captaincy, differently might have done so much better.

Agree with that T and not saying they weren’t disgraceful early doors, but many teams fold to 4-0,5-0 easily. A bit of fight in the last 2 tests shows there’s a pulse, especially for what’s ahead.
Also, if they’d approached selections, and captaincy, differently might have done so much better.
Thus far( in test 4) would have to say I’m correct but doesn’t detract from first 2 tests.

Thus far( in test 4) would have to say I’m correct but doesn’t detract from first 2 tests.
It’s still a failed tour.
This Indian side is weak compared with past years.
We should have prepared better, selected the correct teams, and won this series.

I agree with both of you a bit.
Yes @Tucker it has been a failure, we got smashed in the first 2 tests. A lot to do with selections, directives, and captaincy.
Once we fixed those 3 issues we are competing and winning on doctored pitches, which as @Halbrowne61 says shows ticker in the playing group.
I don’t think this tour has masked anything, I actually think it has highlighted the decisions that need to be made if they have the jatz for it. The first is the retirement of Warner, should have been done when he scored that 100 here at home. Warner can’t play India or England and should’ve been tapped.
Then the decision to leave Head (in form) out for Renshaw changed the balance of the side, and everyone knew it stupid?
And then to have to fly in spinners to India was unbelievable stupidity, and the way they’ve done it at the expense of messing with the careers of others young players shows a lack of foresight within the selection and coaching staff.
Then you loose you captain and one of your best players.
So yeah if we manage to win this last game I reckon it shows real ticker and if we get beat in the last test I reckon 3-1 will be disappointing after the good effort put in.
Hopefully we learn from some of the stupidity before the Ashes.

It’s still a failed tour.
This Indian side is weak compared with past years.
We should have prepared better, selected the correct teams, and won this series.
How's this side weaker? Sharma, Pujara, Kohli and 3 spinners- the only minus being Pant not there as a wicket keeper.

The series loss when Kohli and Sharma went home early 2 years ago was much worse.

I don't think this is a completely failed tour. India's three spinners were extremely hard to navigate.

How's this side weaker? Sharma, Pujara, Kohli and 3 spinners- the only minus being Pant not there as a wicket keeper.

The series loss when Kohli and Sharma went home early 2 years ago was much worse.

I don't think this is a completely failed tour. India's three spinners were extremely hard to navigate.
How can you call a lost series not a failure?
Kohli isn’t much anymore. This isn’t a great Indian team.
It’s a bad loss.

nz vs sl game seems to be very evenly poised (barring a collapse right now) should go right to the end of the 5th day.

Back