Cricket Season Thread

76 could be a struggle, it’s not over yet .🙏🙏
I thought that anything over 80 would be too much when India started batting. I reckon 76 is on the cusp of defeat but just not quite there. I guess we will just have to see how much more the pitch has deteriorated and what the gods have in store for our team!

I thought that anything over 80 would be too much when India started batting. I reckon 76 is on the cusp of defeat but just not quite there. I guess we will just have to see how much more the pitch has deteriorated and what the gods have in store for our team!
Or what the Aussie attitude is ?

What this series has shown so far (as if we didn't know) is that we still don't handle spin very well and India provide substandard pitches which don't last.This pitch is probably the worst one provided this tour as 30 wickets in 2 days is diabolical

So good to see spin bowlers bowling on tracks that turn. Reminds a little of the old SCG track. Okay three day tests or even 2 day tests are not great for revenue, but we have seen more excitement in two days than you get in a normal 5 day test.

Today will be a great day, with the Australian side no certainties to get the runs. Hopefully Head goes out a smashes a quick fifty and it’s all over, but they could roll us for fifty, who knows.

anyway love it When the conditions favour the bowlers unlike most cricket played these day where pitches are prepared for batsman

The BCCI must be upset this tour has been such a dud.
Millions upon millions lost.
They don't care. IPL is their cash cow. They don't even attempt to make test cricket an attractive product. So long as they check the 'played test cricket' box, that's enough for them. They play test cricket on terrible pitches, in terrible stadiums with terrible amenities for fans. It's hard for people in India to even buy tickets due to backwards ticketing systems.

They get the TV revenue anyway.

It’s like an U12 country championship series, although the kids are better !
Those kids probably play on better surfaces too.

It's hard to be too critical of the Aussies (...yet) after seeing a quality India batting lineup getting rolled twice for tiny totals on their home patch. Maybe they should start preparing wickets that last for more than the first 2 sessions. Pretty blatant stuff, hopefully it backfires on them today.

Latest posts

Back