Cricket Season Thread

Well Clarke delivered big time. Hughes failed again but he wasn't on his own. Ponting has to seriously start considering his future. It's okay for him to keep telling everyone who will listen that he has no plans to retire and feels in good form etc but it's been almost 2 years since his last century. We're not in a position to carry someone like that.

I'm think we're not too far off a top order looking like:

Khawaja
Warner
S Marsh
Clarke*
M Hussey
Watson

And who knows how long Mike H has left in him?

Wow, 9/47 for the session. 3 reviews overturned in Aus favour and only the openers made double figures.

evidence right then and there watson shouldn't open. my team for india series

1\. Hughes
2\. Khawaja
3\. Marsh
4\. Clarke
5\. Hussey
6\. Watson
7\. Paine
8, Johnson
9\. Harris
10\. Cummins
11\. Lyon

Ponting and Haddin will stay in the squad but will retire at end of the home series i think

@Yossarian said:
South Africa getting absolutely pummelled!

9/83 (Watson 5/17)

Now the Aussies are. Suddenly Watson's figures don't look so special
i might be going out on a limb, but i'd say there is something in this pitch

Whats the Aussies lowest ever test total? because i think we are about to see them bowled out for under 30\. Hell, maybe even under 25

Looks like the Aussies are about to be bowled for the lowest total in HISTORY!!!!

Some of those guys (well a lot of them) should be ashamed of themselves. They looked like scared kids going in against the best team in the u/12s. That the last 2 put on 26 is both a relief and proof of how pathetic the others were. At least Marsh was injured. Ponting is hopeless and has to be punted if he won't go.

So Aust has made around 330 runs, Clarke has made 151 and Siddle around 35 or so. The rest of them made about 80 in 2 innings.

worse score in 109 years What they don't tell you is the buggers 109 years ago were playing on undercovered pitches and were literally deadly

This team is a joke No heart no soul

Needs some more Qlders in it

@biggest tigers fan said:
Good bye.hughes,pointing,haddin,Johnson
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Yeap Its time to start rebuilding for the future
Even if it means taking 2 steps backwards to go forwards

Done by 8 wickets How do you go in after 1st innings with 188 run lead and lose by 8 wickets

I wonder after this series where we will be ranked in world rankings 6th ?? 7th ??

I can feel at least an 1985 -89 run in Test cricket coming in the near future

And the Ashes HA we won't even remember what they look like

Depends where we go from here Happy. They need to make some tough calls. Hughes, Ponting, Johnson, Hadden just aren't consistent enough. Drop them for Warner, Khawaja, Cummins, Wade

@Yossarian said:
Depends where we go from here Happy. They need to make some tough calls. Hughes, Ponting, Johnson, Hadden just aren't consistent enough. Drop them for Warner, Khawaja, Cummins, Wade

Hughes and Ponting aren't a tough call Hadden hasn't been the same since his elbow issue and unless Johnson wakes up at an exact time eats breakfast at an exact time and every thing else in his day goes perfectly isn't a match winner either

I wish Siddle had Johnson's skills he gives it 110% every time whether we are getting flogged or not

@happy tiger said:
Done by 8 wickets How do you go in after 1st innings with 188 run lead and lose by 8 wickets

I wonder after this series where we will be ranked in world rankings 6th ?? 7th ??

**I can feel at least an 1985 -89 run in Test cricket coming in the near future**

And the Ashes HA we won't even remember what they look like

I think we're already in it. In the last 18 months since we beat NZ:

1-1 draw vs Pakistan
2-0 loss vs India
3-1 Ashes loss vs England
1-0 win vs Murali-less Sri Lanka
1-0 down vs SA.

That's 3 wins, 7 losses and 3 draws from our last 13 Tests. Probably not quite as bad as the mid 80s, I think we won only 3 of Steve Waugh's first 26 Tests before the 89 Ashes, and they were a dead rubber Ashes win, a win vs a Hadlee reliant NZ and a win against WI who never won in Sydney even when they were dominant.

The worrying thing is we are losing or drawing matches from winning positions. The one wicket loss vs India, the draw in the first Ashes test and now this match. Even the loss against a weakish (And possibly corrupt) Pakistan side was poor.

We sure could of done with Allan Border batting for us last night.

Jazza the other alarming thing is the inability to come close to taking 20 wickets in a game. Far too many 2nd innings scores of 1 or 2 for 200+

Siddle tries hard, Johnson is hopeless most days, Harris is an inch away from breaking down, our spinners are a waste.

Back