Cricket Season Thread

@Sabre said:
I'm gonna stick my hand up here and get shot down for it.
But I don't mind Nickelback.
You just gotta steer clear of the songs that get overplayed to death on the radio.

I have heard quite often people in the music industry saying how much they are a great bunch of blokes in Nickel back and free of the usual egotistical rubbish that many musicians have.
I don't own any of their music but I have definitely heard worse. Green Day come to mind among others from the same genre.

@happy tiger said:
@Fade To Black said:
Lil Davey Warner has come out in the press today and whinged that the Kiwi supporters in the crowd took their sledging a bit too far. Suck it up Warner you little flog….if you want to carry on in the manner of an a-wipe on the field cop it on the chin like a man when someone yells abuse.
Can't stand the knob.

You learn something new every day

Cameron Smith is related to David Warner

Yep another to the list.
If Fade to black can't stand you as a public figure then you must have made it. He only attacks those who are champions and supremely good at what they do. Pathetic.

^Not sure if you are completely understanding of what a forum is fella. It is where people put forward their points of view and opinions. Heaven forbid….sometimes they may not always be in agreeance with yours. Pretty simple really. Good luck with the concept anyhow I'm sure you can get the gist of it.

Martin Crowe has passed away from Lymphoma Cancer

A classically stylish batsmen , NZ's best ever

RIP Martin Crowe

Martin is his cousin.

Sad news really. One of the most technically gifted bats I've seen. Certainly the best Kiwi bat I've seen.

@Cultured Bogan said:
Martin is his cousin.

Sad news really. One of the most technically gifted bats I've seen. Certainly the best Kiwi bat I've seen.

True CB

To think that the Brisbane Test when Hadlee skittled us twice he got 170

And he played 7 Tests v the Windies in the 80's and scored 3 Test centuries , not too many batsmen could make those claims

To average 45 in the era he played in against some of the best attacks ever showed his class.

NZ's pitches back then weren't the best either. RIP.

@Jazza said:
To average 45 in the era he played in against some of the best attacks ever showed his class.

NZ's pitches back then weren't the best either. RIP.

Well said Jazza. World cricket was definitely at its strongest and most competitive in Martin Crowe's heydey so for him to have an average of nearly 50 was superb.
RIP to a fantastic ambassador for NZ cricket.

Australia X1 choosen for first test
From Cricket.com.au
Andrew Ramsey, Pallekele Stadium, Kandy
@ARamseyCricket
Captain Steve Smith confirms two-man spin attack for first Test against Sri Lanka in Kandy
Australia will take a dual-spin attack into the first Test against Sri Lanka, starting tomorrow, after captain Steve Smith today confirmed an XI that includes both Nathan Lyon and Steve O’Keefe. AUSTRALIA XI: David Warner (vc), Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith ©, Adam Voges, Mitchell Marsh, Peter Nevill (wk), Steve O'Keefe, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon Australia coach and national selector Darren Lehmann indicated last week that his team would employ the dual spin attack of off-spinner Lyon and left-armer O’Keefe unless they were confronted by the unlikely scenario of a Pallakele pitch that offered something for the quicks.

Jeez, this inquest into PH's death has potential to get nasty. What do they hope to gain from this other than open wounds for his family and the players at the ground on the day? Honestly sledging has been around since W.G. Grace and it's never been considered unsportsmanlike to bowl short pitched to opening batsmen, much less batsmen who struggle with the short ball.

Poor old Doug the Rug has been treated rather harshly IMO. Who cares if he said what he said, do you really think he'd have been serious?

@alien said:
i might go to some one dayers or 20/20s like i normally do during the rugby league off-season. i normally go to some syd fc games too :bash :dead :deadhorse: :brick: .

Wanderers would beat Sydney FC any day of the week.

(except Saturday)

Come on you Wanderers
RBB for life (or until wanderers get kicked out of the a league for lighting flares)

This is what the cove do to the rbb :master:

Note these opinions are across all 3 formats

Mitch Starc is the best bowler in the world.
Closely followed by Ravi Ashwin
Ashwin is very good with the bat and would make any starting 11 as would Starc
If every batsmen played to their potential I couldn't split Warner & Kohli.
But Warner doesn't always play to his potential.
He did have 2 good knocks against South Africa in the ODI series.
Kohli also struggled for form against New Zealand in their test series.
He got out for very small scores before making a big double hundred in the last test.
India look the team to beat at the moment.

Rod Marsh has resigned after the Odi's (well won't renew his contract )

Bloody disaster they were , 5-0 v the Saffas

We need to show up this summer or we will cop a pasting in the Tests

@happy tiger said:
Rod Marsh has resigned after the Odi's (well won't renew his contract )

Bloody disaster they were , 5-0 v the Saffas

We need to show up this summer or we will cop a pasting in the Tests

We should be able to defend 371 :brick: :deadhorse: :bash :dead

And if you didn't like Michael Clarke in the past …...

Katich should of done Australia a favour and put one on his chin

But then again Clarke is such a pussy , he would of taken legal action

Back