Cricket Season Thread

@pascoes_barber said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1505832) said:
Thought Kane was going to get a century. Dropping him on 17 could come back to haunt Hazelwood.

Hazelwood .....blame the idiot who bowled a knee high full toss on leg stump

Starc Over 1 0-9
Over 2 0-19
Over 3 0-22
Over 4 0-10

60 off 4 overs .......

A lot of doubters have egg on their faces this morning. All the big mouths wrote them off.
Fantastic tournament win and big congratulations to Justin Langer and his team.
You proved the world wrong.

Win the toss win the game. Seems such an advantage playing under lights at that venue, or should I say most venues.

Not taking anything away from the Aussies, but would be interesting to see if the result would have been different if the kiwis were chasing. Some people think it should be two ten over games so both teams experience the same conditions.

Anyway, bottom line great to win

@supercoach said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1505945) said:
Win the toss win the game. Seems such an advantage playing under lights at that venue, or should I say most venues.

Not taking anything away from the Aussies, but would be interesting to see if the result would have been different if the kiwis were chasing. Some people think it should be two ten over games so both teams experience the same conditions.

Or they could have just played the game earlier and allowed many more viewers in the actual 2 sides in the final watch

@happy_tiger said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1505956) said:

Or they could have just played the game earlier and allowed many more viewers in the actual 2 sides in the final watch

But then you wouldn't have piked it and went to bed ensuring victory..

@geo said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1505968) said:

But then you wouldn't have piked it and went to bed ensuring victory..

Well I did anyway ...Finch screwed up and bowled Starc and then Finch went cheaply again ....

Not even a million people across both countries would've watched. Peak time in UAE plus peak time in India/Pak/Lanka...no brainer.

@tig_prmz said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1505988) said:

Not even a million people across both countries would've watched. Peak time in UAE plus peak time in India/Pak/Lanka...no brainer.

Even if it mean fair playing conditions .....13/14 sides batting 2nd winning isn't coincidence .....

@tiger_one said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1506093) said:
@geo said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1505861) said:
Great win World Cup Campions..

Is that as good as 2004 Rugby League World 7s champs?

No. the next T20 world cup is next year, (you just won the 2020 year one...held every 2 years
). no one has beaten the reigning RL 7s for 17 plus years

@tigerwould said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507854) said:
Tim Paine steps down as Australian Test captain following sexting scandal

What a way to go out.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/australian-test-captain-tim-paine-caught-in-sexting-bombshell/news-story/7323004234bc67980f63d37159acde9f

@tiger_steve said in [Cricket Season Thread](/post/1507862) said:
He says he’s looking forward to the ashes!! Mate, got news for you! Good captain but there are better keepers

I think alot of people would have it the other way around.

Members online

Back