Cronk

Staks

I heard some info today that Wests Tigers have made an approach for the services of Cronk. I normally don't take any notice of this kind of info but it came from within the food chain.

Where would this leave the likes of Lui and Moltzen?

It would give them more time to sharpen to sharpen there skills which is good, however moltz has been playing well in the team so not sure, ill take this with a grain of salt because i dont wont to be let down like the finch saga.
Awesome if its true.

If, on the 1 in a million chance, we get Cronk then one of Lui or Moltzen go to the 17 jersey and the other one goes to a different club.
If we get Cronk, a halfback who can settle and control a side, then losing one of those 2 very talented youngsters is a price the club would be willing to pay.
Imagine how devastating our attack would be with a smart halfback who can control the tempo of the game and order his team around.

We don't need a halfback, we got Lui and Moltzen. If anything, they would take over Benji's role and let Benji stay the way he is playing now. Whatever it is, 5/8 halfback whatever you wanna call it. I like our team as it except for getting a good frontrower.

@softlaw said:
If, on the 1 in a million chance, we get Cronk then one of Lui or Moltzen go to the 17 jersey and the other one goes to a different club.
If we get Cronk, a halfback who can settle and control a side, then losing one of those 2 very talented youngsters is a price the club would be willing to pay.
Imagine how devastating our attack would be with a smart halfback who can control the tempo of the game and order his team around.

Spot on…......how good we would be with Cronk at half,exactly what we need to win comps.

Sign him up........

There are 2 chances of this happening, buckleys, and no chance in hell.

As much as would love him to be playing alongside Benji and Farah, I just don't think we would have the cap space to be able to fit in a player of his calibre in our team.

@Balmain Tiger said:
moltz fullback and lui nsw cup prob..

Mckinnon has signed for 2 more seasons,so he should be fullback,Lui could play lock when he learns to defend a bit better,Moltz could play centre when he learns the defencive patterns.
Can't see it happening though,we couldn't pull off 3 great signings in 3 years surely.

@851 said:
@Balmain Tiger said:

Mckinnon has signed for 2 more seasons,so he should be fullback,Lui could play lock when he learns to defend a bit better,Moltz could play centre when he learns the defencive patterns.
Can't see it happening though,**we couldn't pull off 3 great signings in 3 years surely**.

That is what has been promised…..

@stryker said:
@851 said:
@Balmain Tiger said:

Can't see it happening though,**we couldn't pull off 3 great signings in 3 years surely**.

That is what has been promised…..

mckinnons to 14\. fitz to retirement/nsw cup

@Staks said:
I heard some info today that Wests Tigers have made an approach for the services of Cronk. I normally don't take any notice of this kind of info but it came from within the food chain.

Where would this leave the likes of Lui and Moltzen?

Where they both are now…. Developing NRL Footballers. Both look good, but both are way below being anywhere near a C Cronk.

I might be wrong, but It feels as though everyone on hear whingers if we don't win football games and everyone wants to win the premiership. Buying a C Cronk will put us in greater stead to achieve these goals quicker, and if it's at the detriment to current/junior players, that's business. Or are you happy to wait a few more years???

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
There are 2 chances of this happening, buckleys, and no chance in hell.

As much as would love him to be playing alongside Benji and Farah, I just don't think we would have the cap space to be able to fit in a player of his calibre in our team.

Release a few ok players and you would have the coin…

with mckinnon resigning he will stay at fullback and moltzen will play halfback next year, with lui on the bench (thank god we only signed fitzhenry for 1 year). I cannot see Cooper Cronk coming to the tigers.

@Fraze23 said:
with mckinnon resigning he will stay at fullback and moltzen will play halfback next year, with lui on the bench (thank god we only signed fitzhenry for 1 year). I cannot see Cooper Cronk coming to the tigers.

x2

@simonthetiger said:
Spot on…......how good we would be with Cronk at half,exactly what we need to win comps.

Sign him up........

We also need to stay under the cap :wink:

Kimmorley as a stop gap for 1 year would be a great acquisition since he wouldn't require much coin and would be an excellent mentor, a true organiser, for Moltzen to learn off.

@Lukic said:
Kimmorley as a stop gap for 1 year would be a great acquisition since he wouldn't require much coin and would be an excellent mentor, a true organiser, for Moltzen to learn off.

Im with you.
Wld luv Cronk,but next to no chance IMO…Storm wont let him go ,particularly if Inglis goes .
Kimmorley was very very good in a beaten team Fri nite,& wld be ideal for 1 yr.Kicks goals too.

Cronk would be a dream, but I can't see it happening. I'm happy with this combo:

1\. McKinnon
6\. Marshall
7\. Moltzen
9\. Farah

13/14\. Lui

for next year.

Or, as someone suggested:

1\. McKinnon
6\. Marshall
7\. Kimmorley
9\. Farah

14\. Moltzen

Lui will be hovering around as well.

@Chris said:
@Fraze23 said:

x2

x3\. Moltzen will have first crack at 7 next year.

@willow said:
@Chris said:
@Fraze23 said:

x2

x3\. Moltzen will have first crack at 7 next year.

x4 moltz>>>>cronk

Back