Crowd

@EndlessPassion said:
Firstly I will never be going to Campbeltown again after what I saw tonight. Those morons magpies supporters are the biggest load of troublemakers. I went to the game with a bulldogs and parra fan and when they saw those moron magpies supporters they both turned to me and asked what's all that about. I had no answers and all I could think is no wonder we cannot move forward as a club. What are they trying to achieve? Ok a lot of people here will say it's the minority but I don't care. They were having a go at MY CLUB the wests tigers. Ok I get your not happy with the merger but that was 15 years ago go support another club you are not welcome. As wests tigers supporters we should not accept this. We had a victory and I should be happy but all I feel is anger because of these morons.

Get over it they are called the Wests Magpies Fanatics and are sick of everyone in the media referring to Leichhardt Oval as the merged club's spiritual home. Would you say the same to Balmain supporters at Leichhardt Oval who wear Balmain jumpers to every game there? FFS.

@EndlessPassion said:
Firstly I will never be going to Campbeltown again after what I saw tonight. Those morons magpies supporters are the biggest load of troublemakers. I went to the game with a bulldogs and parra fan and when they saw those moron magpies supporters they both turned to me and asked what's all that about. I had no answers and all I could think is no wonder we cannot move forward as a club. What are they trying to achieve? Ok a lot of people here will say it's the minority but I don't care. They were having a go at MY CLUB the wests tigers. Ok I get your not happy with the merger but that was 15 years ago go support another club you are not welcome. As wests tigers supporters we should not accept this. We had a victory and I should be happy but all I feel is anger because of these morons.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

So the Magpies Fanatics were supporting WT but having a go at 'Yours/Mine/Their' club?

Why are you so scared of WT fans in Black & White jerseys?

Even Grant Mayer said hello and enjoyed having them there.

No different to WT fans in Balmain jerseys cheering Tigers at any game.

Oh wow.The fossils are out!. Build a bridge and get over it guys.We are 2 clubs with culture and history that are now one.Some people are so easily offended. It's like having different cultural backgrounds. your allowed to acknowledge were you come from but at the end of the day we are all Australian.

If people want to wear there Magpies or Balmain gear occasionally I say good on them but at the end of the day we are all there to support Wests Tigers.Like I said before GREAT crowd for a Monday.

Well done EYE (Above)

Idiots are Idiots no matter what they wear and Booze in general accentuates the negative traits in most.

11K odd on a school night is OK, we are a family club. My kids (despite me being in Melb at the moment in a hotel) didnt even watch it on TV.

What I find disappointing "endless passion" is your post. On one hand mentioning support and unity and yet your post is a direct attack at supporters of our club. I went to campbelltown last night for the first time and took guests to a corporate suite who were mainly Souths and Dragons fans. They all commented on what a great suburban ground it was for watching footy and loved the fact that locals have invested time and money to support the foundation of a club. I'm an old Magpies supporter from the inner west who strongly supports the West Tigers and loved every bit of the passion I saw at campbelltown last night. west In fact it will be this reason I will return and return frequently. I saw no trouble only support and passion albeit of the black and white kind in one designated area, but let me ask, how big was your flag last night? Here's a group who have invested time and money who attend WT games supporting the foundation of our club. I tell you passion such as there's will bring more future to the WestTigers than someone who attains to never attending a game at campbelltown again, because of a little black and white support….

For the last couple of years ive heard a heap of complaining that we never play a Sydney team at Campbelltown.

Playing the so called mighty red v, our merged enemies.

11k is a pass mark but that is all it is. Its not nearly enough to justify the whinging of the last few years.

11K is fine for a Monday night, given most people would be working or going to school the next day.

There was a line a mile long outside with people trying to get in, wonder how many of those people cracked it an walked off? I find it hard to believe that all those people didn't have the Internet to pre-purchase tickets.

The biggest mistake this Club Wests Tigers made when it Merged was not making Allianz or Homebush there Home ground and there only home ground .
All this does by having a Ground at Leichardt and Campbelltown is a continuation of Comparing the 2 Grounds with numbers in Crowds and supporters bickering at each other.
Our way Forward has to be at Homebush or Allianz as our permanent ground .

Why does this thing have to continue with the West Magpies Fanatics or Balmain Fanatics if they have any ? Your mates can know who you used to support , but no let's continue the friction .
I have 2 Balmain Jersey's i have never worn since the merge , Why you might ask ? I remember those Days with great fondness but the reality of it is i Support Wests Tigers now and don't feel the need to continue the bickering and the animosity .

If we still had a Reserve Grade side like Wests Magpies playing Reserve Grade last night ? then i say o.k that is the reason for the Wests Magpies Fanatics and there colours , but seriously even the Club knows that the way Forward is like our State Cup side being Wests Tigers now .
I say this to both sides of the Merge Unite and accept who we are now cause this will only divide us.

Great to see heritage passion in the crowd last night … the team is called WESTS Tigers, and it was refreshing to see more black and white in the crowd instead of all the expired Balmain jumpers we often see! The Macarthur area WANTS to be supportive but have had very rare encouragement to particularly in recent years. Wests Tigers was meant to embrace two heritage clubs not just the orange brigade. They will get many more members if they do their promotional business right and keep integrity of the original vision ... after all. Balmain is broke and Wests is financial!

To me it sounds like Endless Passion isn't talking about people wearing magpies jerseys but rather what he perceived to be some violent and/or aggressive behaviour. if this is true then he is 100% correct, people shouldn't have to tolerate that at the footy. We have already had another member of the Forum state that his 7 year old child was trampled by someone running in to join a fight.

Why was there only 2 windows selling tickets for the entire stadium? That's madness, and shows a very poorly equipped stadium. Do people never buy tickets on gameday?? Glad i got mine online!

11.8k was a pass crowd. There was probably 1-2 k Saints fans there.

An obvious ticketing problem too as there were 4 bays in the stadium that were literally 95% empty. The ones at about the 20-30m line on each side of the stadium. Obviously the middle were gold/cat a tickets, the ends were bronze/ga but those bays were either another category which no-one wanted to buy or no-one knew about.

Good crowd for a Monday night - not easy to make it to any ground after a work day. Fanatics are called a name for a reason - if they are paying to turn up and watch the games in their Wests jerseys to support a team they will never truly except, so be it. Its easy to see where they are, they usually gather in the same spot - avoid them if they annoy you. But lets stop singling them out - we know what they want, we know that there, we know that there is only one acceptable outcome for them. Some of has have moved on, some havnt, but at least they are still turning up and supporting games in the West.

@Telltails said:
Good crowd for a Monday night - not easy to make it to any ground after a work day. Fanatics are called a name for a reason - if they are paying to turn up and watch the games in their Wests jerseys to support a team they will never truly except, so be it. Its easy to see where they are, they usually gather in the same spot - avoid them if they annoy you. But lets stop singling them out - we know what they want, we know that there, we know that there is only one acceptable outcome for them. Some of has have moved on, some havnt, but at least they are still turning up and supporting games in the West.

Good comment. I used to resent them (even the Balmain rusted ons to an extent,) but as I've grown older I came to realise these people are still showing up to the game and putting their hard earned into the club, even if they don't support the club per se, they're supporting Rugby League in the South West so I can't begrudge them for that.

@Cultured Bogan said:
11K is fine for a Monday night, given most people would be working or going to school the next day.

There was a line a mile long outside with people trying to get in, wonder how many of those people cracked it an walked off? I find it hard to believe that all those people didn't have the Internet to pre-purchase tickets.

Any comment to the rumours that two ticket windows were closed because two staff members that are ex Balmain fans called in sick knowing full well a big walk up crowd was expected?

Good turn out for a Monday night game early in the season against a team I expect to finish near the bottom. Have no problem with the Magpie diehards wearing their old jumpers ….... same as when I see the Balmain boys doing their stuff. Its all part of the club heritage so long may it continue :wink:

@cqtiger said:
Apparently Mayer was on triple M and not real happy with crowd numbers. Sorry Magpie Col, I read it on twitter. Maybe someone can confirm his comments

Not true at all. He thought there was about 12.5k and said he was very happy with the turnout but very angry at the mismanagement that led to hundereds of people not getting in before 5 mins to half time.

Said he doesn't know whether it's the stadiums fault, ticketec fault or the Tigers fault but he'll do everything possible to get to the bottom of this.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

Any comment to the rumours that two ticket windows were closed because two staff members that are ex Balmain fans called in sick knowing full well a big walk up crowd was expected?

Were they sick? Are the ticket windows manned by the club or Ticketek staff?

I'd also question the source and validity of the rumours before commenting, as this is the first I've heard of it.

It still doesn't draw from the point I make about people pre-purchasing their tickets before the game. Do these same people stay off toll roads because they can't pay at the booth any more?

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

sounds like a heap of bull

@Cultured Bogan said:
Were they sick? Are the ticket windows manned by the club or Ticketek staff?

I'd also question the source and validity of the rumours before commenting, as this is the first I've heard of it.

It still doesn't draw from the point I make about people pre-purchasing their tickets before the game. Do these same people stay off toll roads because they can't pay at the booth any more?

That response was a tad more serious than I expected.

Good point to question the source of the rumour, but I would have to say it does cause a conflict of interest for me as it would mean questioning my own imagination.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back