Daine Laurie #237

" I know a guy who knows a guy who works in a pub and he .... saw ?
I prefer to pick players based on on field performance and not the beating tom toms of social media .
I especially like the ones who have pscysic powers and can tell exactly what the guy is thinking eg nofo
I haven’t seen any KOE this year. How did Laurie go?

Not a fan of blanket bans you just set young blokes up to fail. The players with families and some maturity are in a completely different place than younger players. There is a reason players love Bennett because he gets that they can't all be managed the same.
Agree, the right personalities dont need bans. The rest need lots of support. If the tigers have put up their hands and not provided any support and education or set up mentorship programs for someone like Laurie then that can be improved. I don’t know if it has or not but I struggle to believe it hasn’t been, especially with the programs that were splashed about in the media last few seasons.

Last cup game not perfect dropped a bomb early but after that one of our best made a few half breaks and a couple of line breaks unfortunately most of the team kept dropping the ball
He was very blasé in the pre game and even post game interview. Sounded like someone that’s been told to look elsewhere for a contract next year.

Last cup game not perfect dropped a bomb early but after that one of our best made a few half breaks and a couple of line breaks unfortunately most of the team kept dropping the ball
So even the state cup team can't hang on to the pill.

Maybe the club should practice 200 catches a session, not throwing 200 passes.

He was very blasé in the pre game and even post game interview. Sounded like someone that’s been told to look elsewhere for a contract next year.
I have no doubt that's the case,and quite honestly his own behaviour has shown a complete lack of any conviction or commitment to our club.
He thinks and acts like hes a superstar in waiting..and if he was we mite indeed have more flexibility and tolerance ..but atm hes a VERY fringe first grader with significant flaws in his game.which need substantial development
His attitude towards WTs suggest hes not really worth investing in

Reactions: BZN
I think some of the forumers are a bit harsh on Wakeham,he came in late,showed skill in the trials,thrown back in reggies to give the favourite 7 more chances and can kick goals...why start asking for blokes like Pearce,Sezar and co for next year when we desperately need a win this year with what we got,all I know is Brooks aint getting us the points while the pack has been doing well to get us in the zone...Maybe if Sheens and co concentrated on helping Wakes instead of fawning over Brooks we may just unearth a bloke who can finish off....just saying ....
Wakeham, in his last game, put in a kick on the 3rd tackle when we were attacking the opposition 20m. That kick rolled in front of the defensive line and did nothing. That sort of play is village level stuff and would get you a spray in a social grade of league.

• Sad
Wakeham, in his last game, put in a kick on the 3rd tackle when we were attacking the opposition 20m. That kick rolled in front of the defensive line and did nothing. That sort of play is village level stuff and would get you a spray in a social grade of league.
At least he tried something...question are you an NRL level coach or player. ???
Brooks has done far worse in 10 years ..Wakeham has been here 10 mins...

At least he tried something...question are you an NRL level coach or player. ???
Brooks has done far worse in 10 years ..Wakeham has been here 10 mins...

Actually - Wakeham is in his 5th year in the NRL....
And all he's done is why he's where he's at.

The posts here thinking he's going to save an NRL side need to get off the goon sack.

I have no doubt that's the case,and quite honestly his own behaviour has shown a complete lack of any conviction or commitment to our club.
He thinks and acts like hes a superstar in waiting..and if he was we mite indeed have more flexibility and tolerance ..but atm hes a VERY fringe first grader with significant flaws in his game.which need substantial development
His attitude towards WTs suggest hes not really worth investing in
Wow.
Pretty over the top imo but whatever yiu reckon... Always amuses me when people know what players think

Wow.
Pretty over the top imo but whatever yiu reckon... Always amuses me when people know what players think
Nobody knows what they think other than themselves..if anything....we can only judge them on their actions and behaviour..or misbehaviour...
And Lauries suggests he doesn't even pretend to have comittment to this club

Last edited:
Players player last year - that counts for something in my book

_dainelaurie_ when injured at the back end of the season
Verified
"Not the way I wanted my season to end! But grateful & blessed to run out & represent the wests tigers & my family thanks...

Doesn't seem to be a Sheens favourite - it happens - cue Jackson Hastings.
Bagging him out for being on the outer is not justified in my opinion just as it wasn't when Hastings also copped plenty of the same speculative character assumptions.

" I know a guy who knows a guy who works in a pub and he .... saw ?
I prefer to pick players based on on field performance and not the beating tom toms of social media .
I especially like the ones who have pscysic powers and can tell exactly what the guy is thinking eg nofo
That could very well be a reason why he is not being picked.

Players player last year - that counts for something in my book

_dainelaurie_ when injured at the back end of the season
Verified
"Not the way I wanted my season to end! But grateful & blessed to run out & represent the wests tigers & my family thanks...

Doesn't seem to be a Sheens favourite - it happens - cue Jackson Hastings.
Bagging him out for being on the outer is not justified in my opinion just as it wasn't when Hastings also copped plenty of the same speculative character assumptions.
My only problems with him are that he's slow, lacks courage, can't catch, won't compete for the ball, avoids collision, is lazy, doesn't back up, is poor positionally and now has a bad attitude.
Other than that, he's doing fine.

My only problems with him are that he's slow, lacks courage, can't catch, won't compete for the ball, avoids collision, is lazy, doesn't back up, is poor positionally and now has a bad attitude.
Other than that, he's doing fine.
Good for you.

Back