Daine Laurie #237

Good coaching is what he needs. He could shine under Sheens and Marshall's attacking emphasis on the game. A bit different to 4 hit ups and kick on the 5th for every set as was the case with Madge.
Same with AD working with Marshall..
I wouldn’t be against bringing Billy Slater in to do some consulting. He obviously did good things with Pap.

Same here, I couldn't be bothered but...
I was eluding to the fact that people on here and in the media want Staines at fullback, my point is he not bigger than Laurie...and Kennedy considerably bigger than Laurie, 5kgs, 🤣 and Papenhuyzen is actually 3kg lighter than Laurie.
I'll say it again, lighter players still have a place in the NRL as long as
they are fit (over knee injury), well coached (Sheens-Marshall), have raw ability and want to succeed which I think he does.

Not that I could be bothered....
But the Storm have a fair few top tier players (In most positions)
where a light weight hard worker - I'll say it again... Hard Worker can work at the back for them.

Kennedy is considerably bigger than Laurie...

Staines is a starting Fullback in which side is it? And when was it?
Penrith have 3 fullbacks in front of him
Just like they did Laurie.

And here's a tip - They're not missing either of them.
So what ? We don't have any at the Tigers, what's the relevance ?

Same here, I couldn't be bothered but...
I was eluding to the fact that people on here and in the media want Staines at fullback, my point is he not bigger than Laurie...and Kennedy considerably bigger than Laurie, 5kgs, 🤣 and Papenhuyzen is actually 3kg lighter than Laurie.
I'll say it again, lighter players still have a place in the NRL as long as
they are fit (over knee injury), well coached (Sheens-Marshall), have raw ability and want to succeed which I think he does.
Stains--184 cm-87kg, Laurie-- 181cm- 83kg, Paps---181cm - 80kg.

These are stated figures, i don,t know how often the players weights are checked, they may be a few kg heavier after weight training since the original stats. But Stains looks cosiderably bigger to me.

Stains--184 cm-87kg, Laurie-- 181cm- 83kg, Paps---181cm - 80kg.

These are stated figures, i don,t know how often the players weights are checked, they may be a few kg heavier after weight training since the original stats. But Stains looks cosiderably bigger to me.
Laurie seems to get smaller when Alexander is commentating.

Don't get all the criticism of Laurie

He won player if the year in his first year and players player last year in his second year plus represented the Aussie PMs 13 v PNG.

Played behind a horribly weak pack and with ever changing combinations around him and still shone as a young fullback.

He did well,but no there yet, next year will be the test, i hope they all kick butt, there will always be winners and losers.

Members online

Back