Daine Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerles

just for a point of interest. former tiger player Daine Laurie is currently being held in Grafton Correctional Centre awaiting trail. he has been charged with 'wounding with intent to murder'.
quote from local paper "following his arrest in June, Mr Laurie was charged with firing a firearm at a dwelling or house with disregard for safety, causing wounding to a person with intent to murder and discharging a firearm with intent to cause grievous bodily harm". He has been refused bail and will attend court in September.
IMO another example of a waste of talent, had the skill, size and aggression, just not the mental commitment.
Really enjoyed his battle with big George Rose.

I wonder if when footy players spend some time in jail, they ask themselves, :" How did I get to this?" and realise they only have themselves to blame, no one else :blush:

Had a natural ability, but lacked the mental toughness required in today's game.

@ said:
I wonder if when footy players spend some time in jail, they ask themselves, :" How did I get to this?" and realise they only have themselves to blame, no one else :blush:

So true. I still remember his epic back and forth battle with Moi Moi one game, haven't seen many like that since. Could have had a good career but not much ahead of him now.

@ said:
@Geo. said:
We should re-sign him…

Exactly :smiley:

From all reports, hes not just talk, but action as well!

Been hoping we signed a few gun players, might have to settle for players with guns.

Feel sorry for the bloke, clearly his life is a mess and he was unable to use NRL as a lifeline. Easy to say he is a loser etc. but you haven't walked in his shoes.

Not surprising. He's on the spectrum as far as intelligence and commonsense is concerned so it was just a matter of time until he ended up behind bars.

Another tale of a player going off the rails. Laurie promised so much when he came onto the scene with the Tigers and could have developed into a barnstorming player but he was just not committed!!

@ said:
Feel sorry for the bloke, clearly his life is a mess and he was unable to use NRL as a lifeline. Easy to say he is a loser etc. but you haven't walked in his shoes.

over many years local police knew him really well, been in trouble with the law since a youngster, there was hope that the NRL might have turned his life around. sadly not the case.
played a couple of games in the group 2 comp before arrest, still a big unit.

@ said:
@ said:

over many years local police knew him really well, been in trouble with the law since a youngster, there was hope that the NRL might have turned his life around. sadly not the case.
played a couple of games in the group 2 comp before arrest, still a big unit.

People have choices and sadly some have very few whilst others have many times more available to them. Even though he has probably suffered more than most on here due to his upbringing, for which I sympathise, his choice to use a firearm is one that I find hard to excuse.

I played with a bloke who did time for murder, my son likewise (very high profile case a few years back).. He also had a coach who played for Parra 1st grade did time for killing a bloke. He had another coach when younger who's son sadly was murdered (another highly publicised case)
Our game attracts some who live on the edge.. Some with dangerous traits .. Thankfully its not as common as it seems I've described… But sadly it doesn't surprise me with Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back