Danielas defence

fergiefurr

has been senstational. he continually rushes up to the half or center but so far has always pulled off a great one on one tackle. he is slowly starting to find his feet in attack aswell. our right side defence has been a concern all year but we seem very comfortable with daniela there.

i hope he stays there for the rest of the year, even if its at ayshfords expence

This bloke is a dead set find.

Very light on his feet,and clinical in defense.

He made so many good reads,and when he did he really chopped them off their feet.

Great game again from Daniella.

I'm wondering weather this suspect defence is a myth? He's handled it well each time this year.

I am eating humble pie Daniella has surprised me no end I thought his defence was going to hurt us good signing.

Love his aggro…..he doesnt back down and his aggression is a bonus.
He tended to hang back a bit earlier in the year, maybe a case of a new player finding his place...not no more.
Controlled aggro is good.
Seems like its harder to tackle in reggies...probably is if your inside man has no confidence or vice versa.

Ten out of ten in defense.

Every time we needed a big hit….wham.

I couldnt believe it was him.

He can hit and hard,and his technique was like Luke Lewis.........boootiful low,hard hits.

He was a terrible defender in lower grades but his time with Folkes has helped him alot.

That and I think he has a real confidence in the guys around him. At Penrith if you missed a tackle the last few years there scramble was poor. Our scramble and work ethic seems to get better each week

Smeg….his tackles had nothing to do with the blokes around him.

He was flying in solo and cutting of attacking raids with awesome hits.

Seriously one of the best defensive efforts I have seen from an outside back.

Simon. Confidence in the guys around you allows you to go up and in with confidence knowing that they have you in case you miss. As exampled by the few times he missed or fell off his up and in tackles and his inside and outside men shut it down in seconds

@innsaneink said:
Love his aggro…..he doesnt back down and his aggression is a bonus.
He tended to hang back a bit earlier in the year, maybe a case of a new player finding his place...not no more.
Controlled aggro is good.
Seems like its harder to tackle in reggies...probably is if your inside man has no confidence or vice versa.

some guys just play better when the competition is better…....

i wish someone could drag up the daniela thread from pre-season and early this season where 95% of the people on here were bagging his defence some were refering to him as the worst defensive back in the nrl.....

i think geo was one who was adamant at how crap deniela was.....

@smeghead said:
Simon. Confidence in the guys around you allows you to go up and in with confidence knowing that they have you in case you miss. As exampled by the few times he missed or fell off his up and in tackles and his inside and outside men shut it down in seconds

Fair enough….but wow he was on last night.

For a bloke that was lambasted on here,for his previous efforts,I think he should take a serious bow!!

And......Sheensie cops plenty,but what a steal Daniella has been,I watched him in the lowers last year,and I didnt see how good this kid was,hats of to the uber coach!!

Spot on in all regards Simon. Based on what I had seen from Penrith/Windsor he was one of the worst defenders I had seen in recent years but he has come here and rediscovered his condence and his junior rep form (Apparantly a defensive gun.)

I still really rate Ayshford though. The strength of his runs etc. I would like to see him on the wing as he is actually quicker than Beau and it would allow Daniella to remain

I haven't watched the replay yet so I am not to sure on this but who missed the tackles in the first half that led to the Titans breaks down the right side of the Tigers defence ?

I thought his defence was excellent in the second half down the Western Stand side.

I thought he was a turnstyle in years gone by, I'm glad i've been proven wrong.

@Sabre said:
Chance of representing NZ at end of the year?

I dont even think he'd make our team at full strength..
Although I would rather have Daniella in the centres and Ayshford as the bench utility as he could also cover plenty of positions including second row.

Daniela to me has been a great addition to our side. He tackles well above his weight. We need to give him better quality ball in attack to allow him to use his footwork and pace. Maybe he could be a half back for a couple of weeks as he can pass the ball and would allow Marshall and Lawrence to play their correct positions. Still would like to see Moors on the bench ahead of Fitzslippery

@Staks said:
I haven't watched the replay yet so I am not to sure on this but who missed the tackles in the first half that led to the Titans breaks down the right side of the Tigers defence ?

I thought his defence was excellent in the second half down the Western Stand side.

I thought he was a turnstyle in years gone by, I'm glad i've been proven wrong.

benji

Latest posts

Members online

Back