David Nofoaluma #164

Well if he is playing injured then that’s the clubs fault for not being transparent to the fans and letting us know thru updates and issues… they are terrible at keeping us updated and need to convey that sort of stuff if they don’t want forum members to have a go at them for poor performances. I’m sure if ppl knew that certain players were playing under an injury cloud for the betterment of the team it would sway ppls thinking about said player. Not saying that this is the case, but they whinge about players getting a bad rep on social media… just be open and honest and we will probably be a tad more considerate and appreciate they player putting in for the team instead of not being committed…
Just a thought….
I do somewhat agree, but why give opposition a tip sheet on who is carrying an injury that can be exploited.

Well if he is playing injured then that’s the clubs fault for not being transparent to the fans and letting us know thru updates and issues… they are terrible at keeping us updated and need to convey that sort of stuff if they don’t want forum members to have a go at them for poor performances. I’m sure if ppl knew that certain players were playing under an injury cloud for the betterment of the team it would sway ppls thinking about said player. Not saying that this is the case, but they whinge about players getting a bad rep on social media… just be open and honest and we will probably be a tad more considerate and appreciate they player putting in for the team instead of not being committed…
Just a thought….

Honest communication has never been a strongpoint our club,self promoting bullshit on the other hand.....

I do agree, however with noffa, I don’t think it’s a massive secret that he is a weak link lol
In fairness to Noffa, he improved this year. He is still a weak link on our backline, but better then Tupou who really needs to up his game.

Our defensive structures don't help either player. Tupou needs to be able to hold his edge and I am seeing pure stupidity in his defense.

#1 for wingers is being solid under the high ball. Shaky wingers will lose you every game.

So I don't mind Noffa. He's solid under high balls, takes difficult carries and he can hit hard. He's also not very fast and he makes too many mistakes in defence to be a top winger.

It seems to me that, no matter who the WT pick in the backline, they always make the same defensive mistakes - failing to adjust their numbers when the ball goes wide, not moving up quickly enough or in a straight line.

So it's not about the individuals, but how they work together ... or how they DON'T work together. In both attack and defence, our backlines always play like strangers. To me, that's coaching.

He might be done or he might be injured. He might have an ego or he might be trying to improve the team by holding others accountable for their mistakes (isn't that what many here praised Hastings for) or both or neither.

He's had a few more than 3 good games in 5 years though. Another Kelly Barnes recipient that apparently somehow received the award despite rarely ever performing.
When you get the Kelly Barnes, you move closer to the exit door.
I just hope Api doesn’t get it this year.

I do somewhat agree, but why give opposition a tip sheet on who is carrying an injury that can be exploited.
I agree with certain aspects of both arguments but it could be said that if a player is not performing all that well, whether he is carrying an injury or just out of form, an astute coach is going to formulate a game plan to exploit that player whatever the case may be for their lowered performance level.

Exactly.

An example is Burton has been carrying an injury for some time now and I know for a fact dogs were trying to keep it secret. It gets out eventually.

David Nofoaluma a perennial sook who has been dropped multiple times due to attitude/disciplinary issues is now complaining that training is too hard & he's being targeted "unfairly". Well let's see the article says that he was the least impressive in a team trial so he's obviously turned up to training overweight & in poor fitness condition. Benji is trying to correct this & Nofa spits the dummy? Pathetic. At least this gives the club rightful grounds to terminate his contract & punt him. Thanks again Lee !!!!

I love the bit where he's 'dissatisfied' with the training methods used
to combat his low fitness levels.
😂😂😂😂

This fella is the clubs most senior player no?
This is why we come last....
Ridiculous, isn't it?

Makes no sense.

Scored the worst, so we try and address the problem and he acts like that ?
Can't see many teams wanting a player like that in their team.
No accountability.

Move him on, immediately.

Had a quick scan through the training preseason pics and cant see nofo anywhere...has he been training at all?

Back