David Nofoaluma #164

Crazy what a good coach and confidence does. Benji deserves credit too for giving some love to Nofa.
A big shift in Nofa. Pointed to the team after scoring his try instead of beating his chest at the crowd. Learned that in Melbourne, it was good to see - and his position in leading the team song restored.

His return to first grade has been fantastic. THIS is the Nofa we want.

Maybe. Just maybe- a couple of our longer term players were getting beaten down after years of no real planning for the future.

Now with the return of the one coach who has a history of developing clubs, we see a glimmer of hope. And our long term players are finding form.

Or maybe it's all coincidence.

Funny how my post above was in support of Nofa & this one is going to be me berating him. I just checked the stats for the game this guy the most experienced player in our backline played the full 80 minutes made a whopping 25 metres the whole effing game. That’s just absolutely abysmal & a disgraceful performance from a guy who is one of the highest paid wingers in the comp. Thanks for looking after your best mate Lee #keepthefaith

Funny how my post above was in support of Nofa & this one is going to be me berating him. I just checked the stats for the game this guy the most experienced player in our backline played the full 80 minutes made a whopping 25 metres the whole effing game. That’s just absolutely abysmal & a disgraceful performance from a guy who is one of the highest paid wingers in the comp. Thanks for looking after your best mate Lee #keepthefaith

He Is a slug.

Two years to go…let’s count it down

Reactions: BZN
His heart isn't in it.

His self worth outweighs his ability also.

Would be a fantastic player in super league. Imagine some English club with him and some one like Abbas Miski on their wings. Sounds amazing... for that comp.

Reactions: BZN
8 runs for 25m
5 tackles made 3 missed
1 error

What a player. $500K well spent.

He probably made 100mtrs running side ways

A top line winger makes 150+ mtrs a game
An average winger makes 100+ mtrs a game
Nofo makes 25mtrs a game from 8 runs at an all star average of 3mtrs a hitup.

That is just seriously crap and rubbish.
I would even pay 80% of his freight an promote a kid who at least would show more effort and hunger than him whilst probably make the same if not less errors per game (defensive/offensive).

He never gets a ball passed to him in the attacking half of the field ,.Zero in this game and the previous game . He diffused a few bombs well and has generally safe hands and never gets bundled into touch .On the negative side he keeps jamming in and going for intercepts probably thinking the only way he will get a pass is an intercept . Our attack nearly always goes left but he has definitely lost a bit of pace . In 2 games Reilly has never passed him the ball .His jamming in in defence is a problem if no communication with the center and right edge forward .I simply can't tell if he can still score tries because the only ball he gets is down our end doing hitups .
Yes we have many problems with our backline including him but with guys like we AJ still running around and no decent halfback he isn't our main problem

He never gets a ball passed to him in the attacking half of the field ,.Zero in this game and the previous game . He diffused a few bombs well and has generally safe hands and never gets bundled into touch .On the negative side he keeps jamming in and going for intercepts probably thinking the only way he will get a pass is an intercept . Our attack nearly always goes left but he has definitely lost a bit of pace . In 2 games Reilly has never passed him the ball .His jamming in in defence is a problem if no communication with the center and right edge forward .I simply can't tell if he can still score tries because the only ball he gets is down our end doing hitups .
Yes we have many problems with our backline including him but with guys like we AJ still running around and no decent halfback he isn't our main problem
Don't worry- Nofa isn't going anywhere IMO.

He does a lot of the dirty work that gets little recognition. He's not great. He's a passable first grader. If motivated, he can get consistent metres. Safer than most under kicks. His defensive reads are bad, but to single him out & give 16 others a pass for this seems harsh.

And despite it not being a celebrated thing, the guy has come through our ranks. He's a Tiger. I can't think of too many clubs that don't have at least 1 long term junior still in the club. With Brooks gone, Nofa is the last man standing.

He does a lot of the dirty work that gets little recognition. He's not great. He's a passable first grader. If motivated, he can get consistent metres. Safer than most under kicks. His defensive reads are bad, but to single him out & give 16 others a pass for this seems harsh.

And despite it not being a celebrated thing, the guy has come through our ranks. He's a Tiger. I can't think of too many clubs that don't have at least 1 long term junior still in the club. With Brooks gone, Nofa is the last man standing.

That may be the case normally, however, 8 runs for 25m (I think NRL have bumped him up to 34m now) and 3 missed tackles out of 8 attempts would suggest very little work, dirty or otherwise, took place on Saturday. I can take some of his failings if he puts in but those numbers are embarrassing for a NRL winger.

Back