David Nofoaluma #164

Incredibly favourable result for the club. Most of us were happy if we managed to offload him and pay more than half his salary. Most also didn't expect even that situation to eventuate, given nofos attitude and performance.

Now he's gone for 300k. It's a big price, but undoes the horribly misguided contract arranged by Lee.

Compare the quick action of this to the horribly mismanaged contracts of mbye, packer and Reynolds and we can see what competent management can do.

Also, definitive support for the coach, which is something that's rarely happened here.

Well done again, Richardson.

He has achieved far more for the club than those 2 combined, more games more tries, he is the clubs all time leading try scorer, a far cry from them 2.
Hate him if you like, but you can't take away his record at the club, it ended poorly granted, but it still stands unopposed, and will do for quite some time yet.

The issue is he is a level or two behind those guys as far as real talent goes.

It is sad it came to this, but it presents an opportunity for him to take a breath and find a new environment where he can be happy.

Rightly or wrongly, both parties would have felt the other was toxic, so a parting of ways was the correct thing to do.

I hope he gets over to England, because I think he could extend his career and become a fan favourite. Maybe even win a title. I think he'd enjoy that.

I doubt, after basically missing a full pre-season, any NRL club will want him as a starter. Possibly Saints.

He's Gone ! Official ! So I hope all the Social Media ( WTF) who have conclusive evidence for everything he did ,said or thought based on the fact that they read it on social media give it a rest and archive this thread
I don't know what's true and don't care anymore .The clubs got 2 spoons in a row and score very few tries and fixing that is all I care about .

Also, a humiliating and disappointing end for Nofoaluma but I hope one day the wound heals. Certainly an overpaid and underperforming player recently, but in his best days he could break a game open with his determined running and finishing ability.

Unfortunately he played for us in our lost decade. For a lot of that time, he was one of the few bright spots.

Look at all the pigs in mud, just rolling around in their own filth!
I think it’s sad that it’s come to this, certainly does not deserve the disgusting hatred presented by so called fans.
Hate is a strong word and in this case so not deserved. Did he kill your brother, rape your sister, etc, etc. that is what deserves hatred, not playing well??
Again he has always been polite and well mannered and spoke to my children when not asked for. He came out of his way without provocation.
This sort of hatred intended at our highest try scorer is just pitiful.
Look it may be time for him to go, but the hatred generated on here is uncalled for.
In some respects you are right but he is the maker of his own undoing through his hubris.
I was a big fan until he started self-aggrandizing and then carrying on like a pork chop. Stabbed us in the back several times over.

I think it’s sad that it’s come to this, certainly does not deserve the disgusting hatred presented by so called fans.
Hate is a strong word and in this case so not deserved. Did he kill your brother, rape your sister, etc, etc. that is what deserves hatred, not playing well??
Again he has always been polite and well mannered and spoke to my children when not asked for. He came out of his way without provocation.
Look it may be time for him to go, but the hatred generated on here is uncalled for.

Found the dude with the Nuffa tat

It’s ok bro, just pretend it’s Bula.

Nofo has been a solid player for the Tigers over the years and I guess that is highlighted by him being the clubs top try scorer.

However, over the past couple of years you could publicly see his dissatisfaction with other players when tries are let in etc, not really a good look.

Now that Benji has the reigns its a new era. There are a lot of newbies and younger players coming through and would probably look towards Nofo for advice etc but if his attitude is all wrong then something has to give.

I'm sure he would have liked a proper farewell and probably deserved one too, but it's probably best for both parties now as they can each move on.

Accepted the golden handshake - even the RLPA would have known he had no legs to stand on!
It's not often Newton runs the no comment line. Usually they will make a strong statement if a player is wronged and they feel they have solid ground.

Noffa would be terrible at rugby. He makes very poor defensive decisions with lots of time. In rugby on second phase play the decision making time is significantly reduced. All league players - especially outside backs - who have gone to rugby without having played the game before struggled with that element.
Quite personally Shoesy, Tito couldn’t give a flying fig what he does.

Greatest off season in WT history - you can believe that.

500k cap space minus the nearly 125k already paid nov to jan. Still good financial result.

Loved him as a player for the most part. Attitude is just about everything though isn't it?

I don't hate the bloke, he's nowhere near a Matterson, Moses or Woods. But his heart obviously isn't in it to want to put in and be the change in the clubs culture, it looks from the outside in he was happy to perpetuate it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back