David Nofoaluma #164

The other 3-4 demotions didn’t?

I was just happy he ran straight for the most part - later in the game he started crabbing across and I thought he’d switch back to Nof mode…
But it was short lived.

The highlight for me from his game was his urgency and decision making defensively.

The try saver he had to make up distance in the wet, he made 2 good defensive reads, the pressure on Cleary to turn the ball over on half way was brilliant (not many get past Yeo).

The highlight for me from his game was his urgency and decision making defensively.

The try saver he had to make up distance in the wet, he made 2 good defensive reads, the pressure on Cleary to turn the ball over on half way was brilliant (not many get past Yeo).

He did....
Long time coming.

Looks like he's carrying weight atm, Wonder if that has anything to do with him being sent back?

Really feel sorry for Charlie because if Nofo goes well and Bula and Junior keep improving and stay healthy for the remainder of the season it makes it really hard for Charlie to get back into the team in the last few rounds of the season (assuming he has recovered by then) and creates a dilemma for Charlie and the club with his contract being up at the end of the year.
Staines will be fine. Nofo will be back to plodding in no time.

Really surprised me because Nofo's first game back in reggies last week was pretty quiet and it didn't look like he was going out of his way looking for work.

Nofo is lucky Charlie Stains is out for an extended period, otherwise there is no way he would be playing NRL any time soon.

I guess it's up to him now to make the most of this opportunity and silence his critics.

Really feel sorry for Charlie because if Nofo goes well and Bula and Junior keep improving and stay healthy for the remainder of the season it makes it really hard for Charlie to get back into the team in the last few rounds of the season (assuming he has recovered by then) and creates a dilemma for Charlie and the club with his contract being up at the end of the year.
we still need quality depth that challenge each other, id hope we can offer an extension

Really surprised me because Nofo's first game back in reggies last week was pretty quiet and it didn't look like he was going out of his way looking for work.

Nofo is lucky Charlie Stains is out for an extended period, otherwise there is no way he would be playing NRL any time soon.

I guess it's up to him now to make the most of this opportunity and silence his critics.

Irrespective of if he (Staines) can get back into FG whan he first comes back he has shown enough imho to be offered a contract for the next few years.He has shown a good attitude with us and has both speed and ability

Disagree!!

He knew he is on his last chance here - and made one good defensive play - but otherwise mainly sucked!!
Yeah, the way he scored his 100th try was pathetic, right snidest 0, or the way he changed his style and ran straighter than usual( yes I know he did a couple of cross fielders) was lousy, right snidest 0.
We have rightly given the guy a hard time for certain perceived failings, me included, but thought what he did well was really important in our victory.
Scored one and saved one. Right snidest 0.

Don’t know if people noticed the setup for the scrum play but Nofa was instructing and steering the play.

He ran behind the scrum, was pointing players into position in readiness, brought Bula infront of him & then bolted behind Bula to be in position to get the ball.

When Wakeham stuffed up and Dragons scored, Nofa was the only player that went straight to Wakeham, patted him on the head and motioned in a lift/get over it motion.

Multiple times during the game Nofa was actually directing the backs for the 1st few tackles as well.

Not saying he is flawless but he is clearly taking on a more senior role & against the Dragons he was actually leading.

Credit is due to both Nofa and Shenji. Well done.

Crazy what a good coach and confidence does. Benji deserves credit too for giving some love to Nofa.
A big shift in Nofa. Pointed to the team after scoring his try instead of beating his chest at the crowd. Learned that in Melbourne, it was good to see - and his position in leading the team song restored.

Staff online

Back