Delving deep inside Wests Ashfield

FinestTigers

Well-known member
It is the only reason that is restraining the WT from becoming a powerhouse in the NRL.

The intention of this thread is to discuss their constant failings in the past and undoubtedly into the future too; I think it is important for all fans of WT to really understand what this governance is and what a joke of a governance model it is. So, to begin with, what's a better way to explain it than to make some jokes about it. I've copied the ones from the NRL must intervene thread and hopefully there are more to come.
 
White Smoke at Ashfield.
When a debenture slot becomes vacant, thousands of general members wait for an election. Instead, white smoke rises from the kitchen vents of the Wests Ashfield Bistro, signalling that the remaining debenture holders have chosen a guy named Gary who has held a club member card since 1974.
 
The Strategic Restructuring offer:
The coaching staff presents a 40-page blueprint to modernize the club's sports science, GPS tracking, and video analysis. The debenture selection committee reviews the document, nods thoughtfully, and votes 19-to-0 to spend the entire budget on a brand-new electronic raffle wheel for Croydon Sports.
 
The Strategic Restructuring offer:
The coaching staff presents a 40-page blueprint to modernize the club's sports science, GPS tracking, and video analysis. The debenture selection committee reviews the document, nods thoughtfully, and votes 19-to-0 to spend the entire budget on a brand-new electronic raffle wheel for Croydon Sports.
19- to - nil vote ,lol, was denny lost in his sugar daddy app
 
Tactical Pokie Heat Maps:

During a high-stakes team meeting, the head performance analyst brings up heat maps showing the team's defensive lapses in the fields halfway line.

Debenture Holder #2 takes the laser pointer, aims it at the screen, and says: 'Forget the 40 meter line look at this heat map of the Ashfield VIP gaming lounge.
If our front row controlled the ruck with the same density as those pensioners on double-jackpot Thursdays, we’d be undefeated.
 
Funny thread FT. Are these all your posts, or can you credit the original posters?
PS I like your signature line.
 
Last edited:
Well, if we weren't two tribes masquerading as one, this thread is going to do wonders to the social cohesion of the joint.

I always thought that once all the old dinosaurs were dead, this sort of shenanigan would be a thing of the past.

We're doomed.
 
This is such a good thread. It's interesting and funny at the same time. I wish I'd thought of it.
Very appropriate username, a neutral fan is what I become when the finals starts.
Yeah great name but I wonder if it is a spelling mistake because the pain and suffering that has been endured following this club over the years, much of it brought about by the incompetence and stupidity of the owners, could possibly be compared to being neutered without the use of an anaesthetic.
 
Back
Top