Did TAB honour that bet?

Danos

Just watching the game now, Rabs in the pre game buildup mentioned that a punter bet $15,000 that TnT wouldn't score a try.. well he didn't, but does the injury scratch the bet or do Sportsbet have to honour it? Just curious.. :wink:

@Danos said:
Just watching the game now, Rabs in the pre game buildup mentioned that a punter bet $15,000 that TnT wouldn't score a try.. well he didn't, but does the injury scratch the bet or do Sportsbet have to honour it? Just curious.. :wink:

i hope it wasn't TNT lol

On sportsTAB tickets, it does state along the lines of "bet refunded if player not in 17". If Nulla started the match, then the TAB does not have to pay anything.

I believe they would still have to pay up. For all sports bets with the Tab the following applies;

"relevant sports bets stand regardless of whether the player who is the subject of the sports bet or any other player takes or leaves the field or is dismissed from the game."

If he took the field, even if he only plays a few seconds, the TAB would have to pay it out. Unless the bet had some fine print that included a player who replaces him as John Morris did score. If they pay it out, which they should - it would be surprising if the TAB put up a market like that again.

yep it was a $15,000 bet on TnT to not score, they would have to pay that one out since he took to the field

@crouching_tiger said:
On sportsTAB tickets, it does state along the lines of "bet refunded if player not in 17". If Nulla started the match, then the TAB does not have to pay anything.

Sorry my mistake, i meant they DO have to pay. As Bob DID start the match in the 17.

Back