Dwyer

Rare_Tiger

I thought he played very well today; especially those four tackles in a row.

He looks like a big lad for someone who is young enough to play NYC.

Looks like Laurie could be kept out for a couple of weeks, or does he swap in for Skando…

Your thoughts...

Skando was one of our best forwards, why would you drop him?

Dwyer looked good, wasn't asked to do much by Sheens. Certainly looked eager to rip in. And managed to no-sell the famous Thurston dummy which has scalped some very good players. A nice taste for him. I'm not sure if he'll get a run next week though.

I was very happy with Dwyer in his short stint. His defence was great. We have the best backrow talent in the game, Dwyer, Gower, Akeripa, Ellis, Mataka and Galea, bloody awesome.

@Danos said:

Dwyer looked good, wasn't asked to do much by Sheens. Certainly looked eager to rip in. And managed to no-sell the famous Thurston dummy which has scalped some very good players. A nice taste for him. I'm not sure if he'll get a run next week though.

Im willing to bet Halatau or Heighno would have fell for Thurston's show and go, but a youngster showed how its done. These young backrower's will take us to a new level if Sheens makes some hard calls and sacks the likes of heighington. Bring On Dwyer, Mataka, Akeriap and Gower.

@king sirro said:
@Danos said:

Im willing to bet Halatau or Heighno would have fell for Thurston's show and go, but a youngster showed how its done. These young backrower's will take us to a new level if Sheens makes some hard calls and sacks the likes of heighington. Bring On Dwyer, Mataka, Akeriap and Gower.

Sack Heighno :unamused: you need one of robbie's uppercuts

@JRD said:
@king sirro said:
@Danos said:

Sack Heighno :unamused: you need one of robbie's uppercuts

Mate, Heighno is a good first grader, but he doesnt suit our play, and our attack is so much better with hole running backrowers/

@Danos said:
Skando was one of our best forwards, why would you drop him?.

No impact maybe…

We didn't want Skando 3 years ago, but somehow he is in our plans now...

@king sirro said:
@Danos said:
These young backrower's will take us to a new level if Sheens makes some hard calls and sacks the likes of heighington. Bring On Dwyer, Mataka, Akeriap and Gower.

That's massive. he will go to the Bears in '0…

I like Heighno as a player, but I really think Sheens needs to scale back his time on the field. He's not an 80 minute player. Trying to stretch himself for the entire full game takes away his effectiveness.

Anyway, this is a Simon Dwyer thread, back on topic, he looks the goods.

@Rare Tiger said:
@king sirro said:
@Danos said:
These young backrower's will take us to a new level if Sheens makes some hard calls and sacks the likes of heighington. Bring On Dwyer, Mataka, Akeriap and Gower.

That's massive. he will go to the Bears in '0…

Go to the bears when '0 when is that?there is no way a team on the cc will be back in the next 3-4 years

It's interesting that Sheens said a couple of years ago that he reminded him of a young Bradley Clyde….big wrap for the young fella.

@king sirro said:
Mate, Heighno is a good first grader, but he doesnt suit our play, and our attack is so much better with hole running backrowers/

Heigno needs to be a 60 min player now he still starts Sirro he's not that much of a hack…imagine 80min workrate in 60 mins from Heighington....Dwyer shares his minutes and should become a 50 min player by the end of the Year...

Dwyer keeps his bench spot....My god how long has it been since we had forwards fighting out for spots in the team...Mataka/Laurie/Shirnack/Fafita .A/Akeripa...the list goes on....

Dwyer will be special....you'll see...Future Rep player....

@Liddy said:
It's interesting that Sheens said a couple of years ago that he reminded him of a young Bradley Clyde….big wrap for the young fella.

He said the same about Fulton, but to be fair, Dwyer has the physique to back it up.

@Liddy said:

Every time i hear a Sheens comparision I cringe.
Morris<–->Cronk anyone?

@king sirro said:
@Liddy said:

He said the same about Fulton, but to be fair, Dwyer has the physique to back it up.

6ft 4 inches and 102kg at the moment. I reckon he'll add a good 3-4kg of muscle over the offseason and become a more intimidating force next season for sure. I

Latest posts

Back