Ellis!!!

Chris

Who said this bludger can't play and was a waste of money???

Golden

poor guy cant get a try thought he finally had one at the end!

he is a workhorse unbelievable!

senexx

If he doesn't make Player's player at the end of the year (or whenever) I'll eat my hat.

JRD

@Chris said:

Never heard anybody bag the guy since we signed him dont know who your talking about,if golden rates him he must be bloody good

Chris

Easily our best buy since Scott Prince. History may prove he could be our best buy ever as a JV.

tiger_tigers

it wasnt me either …..
some in here wanted to see how he handled the nrl compared to the esl , but most expected him to be a champion buy ....

Black_Orange_White

His next goal is to lure more Poms into our team. Such as Sam Burgess :smiley:

He is a success on the field, but I am pretty sure that we will see some new England signings with us due to Gareth Ellis.

clontarfkid

Along with watmough,he's up there as a contender for best forward going around anywhere.
Apart from his workrate,the impact of his runs & hits knocked the stuffing out of the Roosters pack.
Not a whole lot of support though…

Danos

I'll put my hand up. I bagged him for good reason, he was ordinary in superleague last season and bloody pathetic during the world cup. Am gladly eating humble pie though, he was been fantastic.

Marshall_magic

@JRD said:
@Chris said:

Never heard anybody bag the guy since we signed him dont know who your talking about,if golden rates him he must be bloody good

there was plenty of knockers
"oh look at his super league stats"
"why sign another back rower"
"he was useless in the world cup"
"why are we signing a pom"

there was a lot of knockers, I knew the bloke could play, having seen him tear it up in the super league. One thing that sets him apart from the rest in my opinion, is not the work rate, but the starch in his game combined with the work rate. He doesn't make 40 soft tackles, he makes 40 bone crushing tackles, and he runs the ball up hard 15 times a game.

RatedRKO

Great player, could of played Origin if he was eligible.

Now lets grab Burgess! :smiley:

Chris

Trust me, we're a HUGE chance of getting Burgess who has a get out clause in his contract too :wink:

T91

Big fan of Gareth Ellis, I think he honestly changed the tempo of the game.. his two hits fired up everyone and the Tigs started to actually play decent after that.

Black_Orange_White

@Chris said:
Trust me, we're a HUGE chance of getting Burgess who has a get out clause in his contract too :wink:

Not just that, we are ahead of Manly now, who were the favourites. Now he knows who the better team is :wink:

Muffstar

Gee you can't compare him and Heighno, I know there was a lot of discussion about Heighno last week, but god they are chalk and cheese. I don't think Heighno can step up to Ellis's level.

Latest posts