EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@voice_of_reason said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415775) said:
@strongee said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415744) said:
I got banned recently , and as per forum rules I deserved it . In saying that though , there’s definitely a vibe of some people being on a pedestal . And a definitely old Boys / boys club .
Like you said the pile on for the jungle , when it was clearly just a dude who created a fan group , made me realise this place is definitely a cliq.

Really? I don't feel threatened by the MODs but I'm definitely not part of a boys club or cliq. I think it's just perception. I know a couple of names but struggle to tell who's who. I've never met anyone from here and never had a PM with anyone.

I've also never been banned because I understand I'm a guest here so am expected to follow the rules. If everyone did the same thing there would be no need for deleted posts or bannings.

As for the Jungle thing, I didn't comment but it 'sounded like' a guy trying to make a profit from the club. Not sure I agree with that concept.

Your username makes you harder to ban.

![images-1.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1626279838136-images-1.jpeg)

@tbone said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415784) said:
I have no idea what this thread is about. What have I missed?

Ok, I just saw the Pangai thread and now I get it.

99%of us dont wanna see bickering and friction and personal score settling on here.
Ppl are welcome to different opinions,but if too much enduring carry on and unecessary pointscoring.
Boring for all but the perps involved & the constructive and entertaining contribuors will lose interest and move on
Think stroger mod intervention required to keep us on track
Where is Citizen Tiger these days anyway..?

I've been on here for 13 years now, was on the previous version for a bit too, I'd rather not see this place collapse in on itself.

It's been a tough 10 years on the field and there's enough drama and problems in "real life" without supporters adding to that on here.

A few years ago there were "Wardens" on the forum, couldn't ban, but could delete posts with swearing, merge threads etc. It seemed to be working alright, there was me and a few others that had that. Banning people is clearly problematic, maybe there should be some sort of group decision on that? Not the entire forum of course, but a few people to talk about it and agree to it?

At any rate I don't think anyone would want the forum to turn into a complete mess, so whatever issues are going on, I hope gets sorted out.

Have a break @willow... It will be a weight of yiur shoulders

I got accused of all sorts of BS when I was a mod... Was a relief to hand my badge in... Even if forcibly

What I cant understand is people have different usernames at times,they change from the original that they started with....now Im no genius,but if you sign up to a forum,stick to the rules as set out by the admin and mods,stay civil while conversing on topics and people get to know you through conversations....why the hell change the username....??

It would be like me TT...all of a sudden calling myself ...
HAPPYTIGERHOBBO 1....for example...

and people would say who are you,are you new to the forum...when I have been a member for 7/8 years

@spud_murphy said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415735) said:
What are we talking about? Have I missed something?

See pangi junior thread

@strongee said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415783) said:
@voice_of_reason said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415775) said:
I got banned recently , and as per forum rules I deserved it . In saying that though , there’s definitely a vibe of some people being on a pedestal . And a definitely old Boys / boys club .
Like you said the pile on for the jungle , when it was clearly just a dude who created a fan group , made me realise this place is definitely a cliq.

Really? I don't feel threatened by the MODs but I'm definitely not part of a boys club or cliq. I think it's just perception. I know a couple of names but struggle to tell who's who. I've never met anyone from here and never had a PM with anyone.

I've also never been banned because I understand I'm a guest here so am expected to follow the rules. If everyone did the same thing there would be no need for deleted posts or bannings.

As for the Jungle thing, I didn't comment but it 'sounded like' a guy trying to make a profit from the club. Not sure I agree with that concept.

For starters , I ? back everything I said that lead to my banning . It was group think bullying , and hive mind pile on. That caught me on a bad day . I broke the rules , fine whatever . This place was annoying me at the time anyway. So it was a good thing .

Secondly , I don’t feel threatened by the mods . I was just saying there’s a definite cliq. Whether it’s just these guys have spent years on here talking , and naturally have a close bond . Probably not something more sinister .

Hence why I called it old boys . Because that’s what I actually think it is . ? dependant on which point in time you joined .

As for the willow stuff . Does he have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to banning , especially in comparison to the other mods . I think that’s obvious .
But he wasn’t the one who banned me , so he’s done nothing to me personally .
Even then , like I said , I welcomed the ban . This place was doing my head in .

Which posters are apart of this kliq? Name names

@tcat said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415855) said:
Lockdown is turning people mad.

There's actually something to this - I've seen similar increases in 'tension' on another (very chilled) forum I frequent that has a broader range of participants (international membership spread across US/South America/UK/Europe/Asia/Canada/Australia/NZ).

A global pandemic well into its second year, lockdowns, never ending streams of bad news 24/7 every day.

People only have so much crap they can deal with in a given day, I guess the 'fuse' gets shorter, especially in a text-based medium where the subtleties of language can be lost (or missing to begin with).

@cochise said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415790) said:
@happy_tiger said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415789) said:
@fade-to-black said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415769) said:
@happy_tiger said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415762) said:
@demps said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415742) said:
@the_patriot said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415714) said:
@tigerpower said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415706) said:
I don’t see a crisis. Just some mods jumping up and down because they can’t permanently ban posters that aren’t part of the boys club.

I see the same. For too long people were banned when they really shouldn't have been.

Free the brothers.

@smoking_gun @Ponyo @stryker

Bury the Discorders .....

Some people can manage to be on both?

far out seriously ..its a joke ....as i explained to Hobbo ..if I ended spending as much time on there as I do here at times I need a clone or 3 ....

Please no, hard enough dealing with one

Well two if you count the heads.

@truetiger said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415864) said:
What I cant understand is people have different usernames at times,they change from the original that they started with....now Im no genius,but if you sign up to a forum,stick to the rules as set out by the admin and mods,stay civil while conversing on topics and people get to know you through conversations....why the hell change the username....??

It would be like me TT...all of a sudden calling myself ...
HAPPYTIGERHOBBO 1....for example...

and people would say who are you,are you new to the forum...when I have been a member for 7/8 years

You couldn't fill those shoes TT .....you know how hard it is to come upwith new material every day lol ...or reusing old material day after day .....

@gnr4life said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415869) said:
@strongee said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415783) said:

For starters , I ? back everything I said that lead to my banning . It was group think bullying , and hive mind pile on. That caught me on a bad day . I broke the rules , fine whatever . This place was annoying me at the time anyway. So it was a good thing .

Secondly , I don’t feel threatened by the mods . I was just saying there’s a definite cliq. Whether it’s just these guys have spent years on here talking , and naturally have a close bond . Probably not something more sinister .

Hence why I called it old boys . Because that’s what I actually think it is . ? dependant on which point in time you joined .

As for the willow stuff . Does he have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to banning , especially in comparison to the other mods . I think that’s obvious .
But he wasn’t the one who banned me , so he’s done nothing to me personally .
Even then , like I said , I welcomed the ban . This place was doing my head in .

Which posters are apart of this kliq? Name names

You obviously Gunners .....I'm not in the clique ....I'm an endangered species .....but I know a lot on here wish i was extinct lol

Learn your boundaries and stick to those boundaries ....is it that hard .....

PS I heard Mr Wonderful Paul Oorndorf passed recently .....

@demps said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415742) said:
@the_patriot said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415714) said:
@tigerpower said in [EXCLUSIVE: WTF forum in crisis\.](/post/1415706) said:
I don’t see a crisis. Just some mods jumping up and down because they can’t permanently ban posters that aren’t part of the boys club.

I see the same. For too long people were banned when they really shouldn't have been.

Free the brothers.

@smoking_gun @Ponyo @stryker

First is still on and off here, though may be hard done by at times, the second I am unsure of and the third, well for mine he doesn't belong in civil society, which this site hopefully remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back