F1 2021

@formerguest said in [F1 2021](/post/1482848) said:
@coastie_tiger said in [F1 2021](/post/1482798) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [F1 2021](/post/1482017) said:
Hamilton once again shows why he's a seven time champion. Poor Norris choked big time.

Danny drove a smart race. Could have had a podium if his pit went to plan.

Lando lost his head big time you could tell the pit wall should have overruled him. Look at Ricciardo, Hamilton and Sainz all kept thier heads made the right call. Even more impressively looks as though Ricciardo made the call without much help from the pit wall could have been 3rd if he pitted a lap earlier.

Id say the blame for him not winning is 70% down to the pit wall and 30% down to his inexperience. How Mercedes and others can see the weather and McLaren couldnt is beyond me.

Seidl has been great for McLaren, but after Norris told his engineer to "shut up!" and a lap or so later when asked to put on intermediates yelled "NO", it was time for Andreas who was on the pit wall to step in.

100% i agree with that, afterwards Lando was saying they didnt tell him the rain would get worse, makes you wonder if they knew or not but surely they must have.

@coastie_tiger said in [F1 2021](/post/1482858) said:
@formerguest said in [F1 2021](/post/1482848) said:
@coastie_tiger said in [F1 2021](/post/1482798) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [F1 2021](/post/1482017) said:
Hamilton once again shows why he's a seven time champion. Poor Norris choked big time.

Danny drove a smart race. Could have had a podium if his pit went to plan.

Lando lost his head big time you could tell the pit wall should have overruled him. Look at Ricciardo, Hamilton and Sainz all kept thier heads made the right call. Even more impressively looks as though Ricciardo made the call without much help from the pit wall could have been 3rd if he pitted a lap earlier.

Id say the blame for him not winning is 70% down to the pit wall and 30% down to his inexperience. How Mercedes and others can see the weather and McLaren couldnt is beyond me.

Seidl has been great for McLaren, but after Norris told his engineer to "shut up!" and a lap or so later when asked to put on intermediates yelled "NO", it was time for Andreas who was on the pit wall to step in.

100% i agree with that, afterwards Lando was saying they didnt tell him the rain would get worse, makes you wonder if they knew or not but surely they must have.

They would have known. I think they shouldered the blame to protect Norris from copping all the scrutiny.

Latest posts

Back