Favourite Cult following Movies

Agree with the Godfather series, One Flew over the cuckoo's nest, Hostel!

Gamera the Flying Turtle :laughing:

Seriously though, the Blues Brothers wins hands down for me - watched it 3 times in a row the first night I saw it! Great music, great story, great scenes and bloody hilarious!!

'dead like me' but only because i started watching the 2 tv series before that. the movie isnt quite as good as the 2 tv series

ohhh and how could i forget….

<big>UFO PHIL - THE MOVIE</big>
:roll

watch it free on youtube NOW :smiley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG3HKtChuAo :laughing:

@LethalGurlie said:
i actually found blair witch project a little eerie…isn't that a true story of sorts...the ending was especially a little eerie and spooky

SOFT! :laughing:

anyone seen little nicky???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1YWI8pbnA

its funny

like people have already said, we seem to be using the term 'cult movie' pretty loosely. One movie which has already been mentioned is Inception. While its not a cult movie, its easily the best movie i've seen in a long time. Probably because i'm into all that kind of stuff, i.e dreams. Plus Ellen Page looks smokin :wink:

another cool movie is Shutter Island. Was realy cleverly done with an awesome twist

Happy has had an epiphany
The Monty Python movies
How could I forget
Because I've been a naughty naughty boy and a member of the People's Front of Judea

@kill'em'all tigers said:
@Demps said:
But I still ask, what is a CULT movie?
'Cos I like a lot of these titles.

i think Stryker defined it pretty accurately.

its generally a film that doesn't do too well on initial release or isn't your typical mainstream film but it gains a group of hard core fans, thus the reference to a cult. then over time thanks to these fans the film gains popularity. the 'it's so bad it's good' type films are often classic cult films.

another one of mine is return of the living dead.

Most cult movies are usually horror or sci-fi. Anyone remember CUJO? that is one.

Lol yeah kill'em'all, night of the living dead is certainly one…"..._brains_..."

What about fear with mark wahlberg that's one crazy mofo
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

oh yeah i loved Shutter Island…the twist at the end and when you realise he's one of the patients...i read the book and for once i didn't mind the movie also...Leonardo played a great role!!

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Fight Club.

Also, try Eastern Promises and A History of Violence, both really strong films.

In terms of movies with a cult following one of the biggest in recent years was Garden State with Zach Braff and Natalie Portman.

For a bit of a different comedy I like a movie called Saved!.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@monkey said:
How good is the roller coaster scene funny as
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

laughter wasn't the first thing that came to my mind :wink:

Back