Films Not Movies

I can tell all that from the tv adds. I am surprised who left the house and paid good money to watch that tripe.
Did let your kids decide on what to see?
Worse,

I let.my mates kids decide and I had to be polite.....

My wife even woke.me twice cause I was snoring.

At least dinner in cronulla was nice.

Watched this one last night:
A bit quirky, but also quite good.
Wow, finally something very original and very very Oddball.

Good Oddball like Pulp fiction oddball.

Thanks for the recommendation.

BTW SBS has "the family law". If you have not seen it, it is more then worth the watch. Just for the Asian mother (not depicted in this way ANYWHERE ELSE).

Worse,

I let.my mates kids decide and I had to be polite.....

My wife even woke.me twice cause I was snoring.

At least dinner in cronulla was nice.
Hmm polite, I used to struggle with that.

Sounds like you got some quality Z’s in then.

Wow, finally something very original and very very Oddball.

Good Oddball like Pulp fiction oddball.

Thanks for the recommendation.

BTW SBS has "the family law". If you have not seen it, it is more then worth the watch. Just for the Asian mother (not depicted in this way ANYWHERE ELSE).
The Family Law. I have seen it a few times, it’s not bad. I would also recommend it.

Someone on the forum said dont watch Avatar2. I should have listened, as soon as I finished my popcorn and coke, I was out of there 😡

One of the better thrillers I saw recently was the French movie "Remon de Gare"

from comments:
A multifaceted story which - apart from being interesting, well filmed and well acted - keeps the spectator getting ideas about what is really happening, just to have those ideas destroyed a few minutes later. Everything is thrown in: personal stories, criminal events, the French publishing world, sex and romance in a complex and fascinating whirlpool that ensures that you'll pay close attention. Highly enjoyable film, which is and yet is not a "film noir". The main male character can be offputting, which is not surprising, considering that he might be - underline "might" - a serial killer. The female roles are very good, with Fanny Ardant in a superb performance. If you think you'd like an intriguing movie that requires you to think, don't miss it.

Just in cronilla cinema with the absolute displeasure of watching Lyle Lyle crocodile.

Absolute garbage.

He can sing in English but not speak, eats out of dumpsters, thoroughly unlikable characters.

Worst of all, Javier bargeman is embarrassing himself..

I don't care if it's a kids movie.
I usually enjoy to zone out and watch a braindead kids movie for 80 mins, most times there's the odd adults only joke here and there for the parents and it goes straight over the kids heads. But yes, This crocodile movie looks like it was put together by chatGPT in 2 hours. Zero attempt to explain literally everything and looked like they tried to jam every conceivable plot line, trope and diversity hire into the movie just to tick all the boxes. Kids didn't even seem to enjoy it. Pure trash. Left the cinema angry looking like I had Tourettes.

Why are people even going to the Cinema?

I have to pay $20 ish bucks to get Covid and eat popcorn that's often half unexploded corn kernels.
Netflix or whatever service + screen is fine. Everything, everywhere at once was enough of a good movie that I don't feel the need to see a Dud in the cinema.

Was going to see Avatar2 bar this forum's advice. Ill see Dune 2 there for sure. Dune is worth seeing but must be ready for a 3 hour movie. (love what they are doing there though, Liet Kynes works, the fuzzyness of visions works).

I have to pay $20 ish bucks to get Covid and eat popcorn that's often half unexploded corn kernels.
Netflix or whatever service + screen is fine. Everything, everywhere at once was enough of a good movie that I don't feel the need to see a Dud in the cinema.

Was going to see Avatar2 bar this forum's advice. Ill see Dune 2 there for sure. Dune is worth seeing but must be ready for a 3 hour movie. (love what they are doing there though, Liet Kynes works, the fuzzyness of visions works).
Nothing like a cinema visit imo.
Not a common occurrence for me but I'd like go visit gold class for Creed 3 in March.

Agree with you though.
But it's all about the experience.
🙌

The cinema still provides the greatest medium to watch films. For example, If you missed Top Gun Maverick on the big screen, you havent seen it properly.
I saw it at the movies, and then on our big screen TV at home, and you're right. It was just a movie on the telly, but something else at the cinemas.

I saw it at the movies, and then on our big screen TV at home, and you're right. It was just a movie on the telly, but something else at the cinemas.
That full cinema experience 🔥

Unbeatable I reckon.

A home set up can be great but it doesn't hit the same.

The cinema has a unique smell as soon as you walk in, you know.....

I enjoyed Avatar 2 the same as i enjoyed Dune

Back