Films Not Movies

Watched The Dry tonight. I enjoyed it, good film for an Aussie flick.

The portrayal of Aussie Country town life was really authentic, except for one scene where they are drinking Budweiser???? Cant work out the thought process behind that.

@tiger5150 said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1299565) said:

The portrayal of Aussie Country town life was really authentic, except for one scene where they are drinking Budweiser???? Cant work out the thought process behind that.

I'm always wary of Eric Bana in movies. How was he?

@gallagher said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1299567) said:

I thought he was really good in it. Couple of times came across as too cool for school but generally good. I thought the acting except for one character was great.

Not a bad movie, bit of a slow burn but the actors all do a fine job and the cinematography is very well done too.

@happy_tiger said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1288378) said:
@Harvey said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1288370) said:
Last movie I watched was the Croods 2

Any good ...was going to take the daughter on Friday

My kids liked it. I thought it was better than the first movie.

@willow said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1299579) said:

Not a bad movie, bit of a slow burn but the actors all do a fine job and the cinematography is very well done too.

Agree with the slow burn (which I like) and the cinematography was outstanding. visually beautiful......except for teh Budweiser, that really upset me

@dazza65 said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1160541) said:
All I can suggest is get in and watch as many classic films as you can before they are all wiped for social equality and historical cleansing

So true,and so sad .

Silence of the lambs.
Serpico
All the presidents men.
One flew over the cookoos nest
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.
DR, Shivago.

Still some decent stuff today,but mainly aimed at the 14 to 21 market,Vampires,poor scripts,blood and guts and lack of credibility.Not my style .

The Green Book - on Netflix. True story, set in the 50s. Great film for anyone who is interested.

@iltigre said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1299629) said:
The Green Book - on Netflix. True story, set in the 50s. Great film for anyone who is interested.

Been meaning to watch it for ages.

Great film.

Really enjoyed that film ......Viggo Mortensen is an excellent actor .....in my opinion only just behind DDL

@sleeve said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1299589) said:
@dazza65 said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1160541) said:
All I can suggest is get in and watch as many classic films as you can before they are all wiped for social equality and historical cleansing

So true,and so sad .

Now we are in the era of wiping movies and full cancel culture....unpopular opinion would be if Caucasians are slammed for blackface, why aren't the Wayans/Chappelle/Murphy types slammed for whiteface? Aren't we in the age of tolerance for everyone??
Anyway......

If you're into your 80s music and like The Pogues, watch Crock of Gold, a Few Rounds With Shane MacGowan. Fantastic piece of film

@ozluke said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1300648) said:
If you're into your 80s music and like The Pogues, watch Crock of Gold, a Few Rounds With Shane MacGowan. Fantastic piece of film

Have to watch for me ...when i was younger when The Pogues were at Easts Leagues Club ...I was there

Not sure if I have nominated this before, but I just watched The Translators again. Great movie. French movie, english subtitles.

Who doesn't like The Pogues?

@diedpretty said in [Films \- not movies](/post/1300684) said:

Who doesn't like The Pogues?

Probably in my Top 4 best bands live

Back