Finch

B

Belta

Just heard Brett Finch has resigned with the Storm. One word…..phew!

:laughing:

The more I see of Moltzen & Benji in the halves the more I don't think we need a half.

Why aren't we signing some props though :question:

I'm glad, I didn't want him in our colours. Our backline is looking good and will look even better next year. The only area we are still lacking in is the prop department. I'm praying that we are in negotiation with at least two decent big mongrel type gentlemen.

Brett finch re-signs with Melbourne Storm for 2010

July 30, 2009 Five-eighth Brett Finch has signed to play another NRL season with Melbourne Storm.

Finch has found a play-making niche in the powerful Storm outfit alongside halfback Cooper Cronk since quitting Parramatta early in the season.

The 27-year-old was delighted to be retained in Melbourne - his fourth club - to the end of 2010 season.

"It didn't take me long to realise Melbourne was where I wanted to be next year," said Finch.

"I'm really enjoying my football down here. It's a great club with great players and a great culture."

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said Finch had made an immediate impression at the Storm.

"Brett has been tremendous," said Bellamy.

"He's only been here a short time but already he's had a significant impact."

The decision by Finch to re-sign follows the announcement that Brett White had pledged his long-term future to the Storm.

White, also 27, extended his current contract until the end of 2012, joining Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Dallas Johnson, Jeff Lima, Anthony Quinn, Ryan Hoffman and Cooper Cronk in pledging his long-term future to the Storm.

Finch, who has played 227 career NRL games, will return to Sydney for Friday's big NRL clash with ladder-leading St George Illawarra.

Tigers haven't missed out on anything here, and at the moment I'd happily take Moltzen over Finch.

the team has shown in recent weeks that they can score points with moltzen and benji in the halves.the depth looks the best it has looked in a while if players like lui and arana can show solid progress over the next 12 months.

so right now the focus should be on forwards who can contribute to a solid platform week in week out.

they don't need to be stars,just players with an attitude of a true forward who are capable of laying a platform when the starter is off the field.ie galloway.
gibbs has stood up while galloway has been away,payten is on his last legs along with skando.
the rest are yet to experience a full nrl season where they can play with injury and slog out the final months of the season.
this is where dollars need to be directed at and i think most here think the same and i also think sheens does too.
actually getting them is a different story.

finch is not what this team needs.

Like others Iam so glad he didnt come to tiger town. I just dont think he is what we are looking for. Throw some money at some meter eating frontrower and pick out and develope a young no7

not really a great loss. sure he's a recognised halfback.
but like everyone has said the moltzen benji pairing seems to have some merit.
and with a whole off season under their belts it can only get better.

some depth in the front row would be nice.
i dont think we have the smallest pack anymore, especially when galloway and ellis are fighting fit, but it is an area we definitely need some depth.

I think this just means we should just stop & concentrate on getting the Benji & Moltzen combo working like a well oiled machine…

Back