First look at Concord Oval revamp

When a man is doing what a man does, just before he leans up to pull the string to flush etc, there is this "once in a lifetime odour" that just cannot be forgotten …...

Not complaining, just it is what it is.

"Quaint" sort of comes to mind.........

@ said:
When a man is doing what a man does, just before he leans up to pull the string to flush etc, there is this "once in a lifetime odour" that just cannot be forgotten …...

:eek:pen_mouth: just :eek:pen_mouth:

@ said:
Leichhardt Hill looks good on TV when full. Apparently terrible facilities. (I've only ever been there once in 2005)

Cambo looks so poverty stricken and uninspiring.

Anything anywhere thats relatively modern is desperately needed - This would be so helpful in getting players to the club.

I know that I love working for my current employer - Helps that its a cool environment

Once in 2005? No problem, you will recognise it immediately. No changes.

Campbelltown is not bad actually. Nice club next door and train station across the road. Also a great playing surface.

In terms of access etc, Cambo works.

In truth it isnt an aspirational area of sydney to move to for most players.

I Imagine a Stadiam like the new one at Parra would change that and enhance the clubs atraction

@ said:

I Imagine a Stadiam like the new one at Parra would change that and enhance the clubs atraction

Neither is Penrith yet they have no problems luring players.

@ said:
@ said:

They have problems luring supporters.

@ said:
@ said:

Their centre of excellence is Largely considered the best in the league + plus the have cable water ski park.

Working environment is really important

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Their centre of excellence is Largely considered the best in the league + plus the have cable water ski park.

Working environment is really important

Cables… Pfft... It's Aqua Golf that brings the punters in.

@ said:

Especially if they are using those circular yellow dunny soaps and you are using a stainless steel trough - old school.

Hopefully this wont affect the development.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/13/19/38/westconnex-sydney-news-inner-west-damage-houses?ocid=Social-9NewsS

New satellite images suggest tunnelling for the $17 billion WestConnex project might be having a much greater impact than first thought.

9News has the scans which show tens of thousands of homes in Sydney's inner-west could be impacted.

These scans may now prove why there are cracks in walls and damage to homes.

![concord|690x388](upload://1TDZpzcANKylO3AuVonl8Q1yZmW.jpeg)

Scans show tens of thousands of homes in Sydney's inner-west could be impacted by movement from Westconexx construction. (9news)

The green on the images is stable ground - the yellow follows M4 tunnelling between Concord and Haberfield over three years - and signifies ground movement.

Otus Intelligence analysed satellite data to scan Westconnex across Sydney.

Two German satellites circle the earth taking high resolution images.

Every 11 days, one sits above Sydney - bouncing radio waves off hard surfaces such as roofs.

Comparing results, Otus can show if that same point has moved and by how much.

And because they've been operating for years, the data can effectively go back in time.

![These scans may now prove why there are cracks in walls and damage to homes.](https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/UeKXmth9lB6ZWM-vzTIb-2MacMA=/500xnull/smart/http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F5b7d0076-b793-46f7-8d83-4ae06b504347)

These scans may now prove why there are cracks in walls and damage to homes. (9news)

Marc Baudry, from Otus intelligence, said: "The first thing that we picked up was that there was a lot of movement and it was in alignment with the tunnels which is why we decided to share the information.

"This technology has been used for tunnelling projects in Europe for several years.

"It's been demonstrated to be extremely accurate."

Right now, only homes within 50 metres of tunnelling or a construction site have been eligible for review. This satellite data could well change all of that because it shows tunnelling is having an impact up 350 metres away.

A house in Sydenham - more than 300 metres from M5 tunnelling – was on stable ground until November 2017.

Marc Beaudry said the scan shows movement.

"That shows movement - ground movement. About 20 millimetres of movement in the range of three months and basically it aligns perfectly with when tunnelling was carried out in that area," he told 9News.

The data shows shifting of between two and 10cm - including ground under gas tanks at Sydney Airport.

Greens MP Jamie Parker, said action must be taken.

"All of the claims for compensation have been denied. But now the evidence is clear. Tens of thousands of homes are at risk and now we can prove that this tunnelling has impacted on people's homes," he said.

Westconnex owner Transurban says its monitoring shows any ground settlement is within agreed limits.

dsc07673.jpg

Hopefully our media team will create a video tour for us fans.

What a yawn. It is a cesspool especially in the wet. No better description for it. I’ve been going their since I was 10 and it basically still the same. Demountable toilets one end and an actual cesspit at the other. It’s time to call it what it is and move on.
Its character. Its heritage. Community linked. This is what makes our sport, or any sport, beautiful.

Unique/boutique/history is what gives building, bars, stadiums, parks its value. Otherwise its just carbon copy glitz.
Also Leichardt is an easily accessible stadium for a big chunk of Sydney. The ones with actual money.

Last edited:
Its character. Its heritage. Community linked. This is what makes our sport, or any sport, beautiful.

Unique/boutique/history is what gives building, bars, stadiums, parks its value. Otherwise its just carbon copy glitz.
Also Leichardt is an easily accessible stadium for a big chunk of Sydney. The ones with actual money.
I get it, you like crap facilities. Enjoy.

Concord oval was shared by West Harbour Rugby and Inter Lions Soccer Club which played on the weekends.
Since the finish of the COE are those clubs still coexisting at the ground with WT?

Concord oval was shared by West Harbour Rugby and Inter Lions Soccer Club which played on the weekends.
Since the finish of the COE are those clubs still coexisting at the ground with WT?
Wests Harbour got new facilities in the upgrade as well, they will still play their home games there.

Wests Harbour got new facilities in the upgrade as well, they will still play their home games there.
Ok, I take it they rent that? If so who does it go to?
They better fill their divots in 🙂

Latest posts

Back