Food thread

I seen a thingy on line the other day, this bloke swears crispy bacon in water. He fills his pan with enough water just to cover the bacon and cooks it. Came out crispy as. I have not tried it yet. It seem illogical to me as I hate water juiced bacon.
Agree. Boiled bacon would be shit

Just outside of Newy is a small place called Heddon Gretta. There's a burger place there called "Burger Chef" and they make awesome burgers and, in my opinion, the world's best chips. Not sure if they double cook them, or what magic they use, but they are bloody perfect. The burgers are top notch too, but the chips are the 'hero of the dish' (Ref: every contestant on MasterChef, every year).

A place in Redfern call The Milkbar by Cafeish does some awesome burgers. They do a weekly special, but the 1 I go for is the Bad Boy Baconator, a serious feed, not for the faint hearted.

A place in Redfern call The Milkbar by Cafeish does some awesome burgers. They do a weekly special, but the 1 I go for is the Bad Boy Baconator, a serious feed, not for the faint hearted.
Sounds good, the baconator will get buttface excited 🌝

There's a new burger place on Parramatta Road named the World Burger just opened in Haberfield. Whopping sensation.

Give it a try !

Buttface-devils on horse back,oysters wrapped in bacon,best cooked fast on a bbq. vegie oil best .i keep picturing you n your bacon-HomerSimpson esque skipping across chocolate land,uuuaaarrrrgggghhhh ,lol

Buttface-devils on horse back,oysters wrapped in bacon,best cooked fast on a bbq. vegie oil best .i keep picturing you n your bacon-HomerSimpson esque skipping across chocolate land,uuuaaarrrrgggghhhh ,lol
Hand in hand with my main man Homer.
You know he’s a tigers supporter?
And yes UGH!

G'day @Magpie1969 - I don't have the Weber ones. I did have some Kogan probes which I used for low and slow cooking over coals (the missus wasn't happy when the alarm woke us at 3am to say our pork was getting too hot).

For steak, just Google "finger test". It's a pretty good way to figure out how well cooked the steak is.
Thanks for that @Papacito
The finger test it is then :)
3am...bugger that...I can think of better things to be doing ;) than checking the BBQ...like sleep 💤💤💤
To old now :confused: for other goodies :giggle:

Lamb sausages are amazing on some mash caramelized onions and a glass of red for dinner

Are you in Sydney ?
Sounds amazing. Not in Sydney now , moooved to the Upper Hunter Valley region 15 years ago.
Any tips for a good feed of lamb sausages around Taree/ Forster?

Sounds amazing. Not in Sydney now , moooved to the Upper Hunter Valley region 15 years ago.
I took the mrs to The Sicilian up in Forster few years back mate.
Italian restaurant and surrounded with good vibes, and ocean backdrop.
The food is top notch
They cater breakfast, lunch, dessert etc
Worth a try !

Reactions: BZN
I took the mrs to The Sicilian up in Forster few years back mate.
Italian restaurant and surrounded with good vibes, and ocean backdrop.
The food is top notch
They cater breakfast, lunch, dessert etc
Worth a try !
Thanks for that recommendation TF3
I'll check it out and if I go I'll let you know on here.
For quite a while now I've :unsure: a meal at KFC was about the limit of my budget :rolleyes:

No sorry have not been up that way in awhile but I remember something about a famous butcher up that way but there must be a pub with some lamb sausages around your area

Reactions: BZN
With a name like sausages orcerer, I would have thought you would have jumped on this spruiking the delights of sausages, particularly of the bbq type :love:...my mouth is watering just thinking about them...in fact...:unsure:... I might just duck down to Bunnings now :ROFLMAO:.
Jamie agrees

1654161470321.gif

Don’t skimp on the hog anus.

D
G'day @Magpie1969 - I don't have the Weber ones. I did have some Kogan probes which I used for low and slow cooking over coals (the missus wasn't happy when the alarm woke us at 3am to say our pork was getting too hot).

For steak, just Google "finger test". It's a pretty good way to figure out how well cooked the steak is.
Don’t google that in a public location/library etc

Latest posts

Members online

Back