Foot on the throat time...

cnx_tigers

Results have really gone our way the past week and a half…especially last night with the Cowboys AND Souths losing home games.

The teams in a bunch around us have to play each other a fair bit during the run in also...Broncs play Panthers, Knights play Cowboys next week, Parra and Penrith soon after etc etc.

It may well be that 28 points is enough to make the 8...and that 'for and against' is the thing that gets a team in.

Our run home is pretty tough...Sharks (should be) and easy game, Parra (tough game), Titans up there (tough game) and the Dogs (who showed last night that they never concede anything, will be a tough game).

Cronulla is really our last chance to signiicantly boost our F and A.

Realistically, the last three games will be tight.

Cronulla basically are fielding a reserve grade calibre side...some of these players were in the Sharks team that Balmain-Ryde Eastwood beat a month back....there's no real reason we shouldn't win easily tomorrow.

Every.Single. Point is going to matter from here on.

I'd like to see us control the first half and then really put the foot on the throat in the second half and win by 30 +.

We need to treat every minute of tomorrow's game with the intensity of a grand final...it's a real chance to kick a bit clear and be secure in the 8.

@senex said:
We should not get cocky.

I agree.
the team will be fresh this week, whilst sharks could become tired in second half.
in saying that wests-tigers still have to compete and be on there game otherwise is could be an embarrasing result.

Im feeling cocky.

We beat the Titans and Parra,and lost by only two to the dogs when they were in ripping form.

Not forgetting we have won 9 out of 10 against the Sharks.

we need to win and win big. a 30 + win will really kick us ahead of the knights and sea eagles f/a wise and close in on the cowboys.

a good f/a can basically be worth 2 points.

Its gonna be tough.

Im looking at the Lui situation and believe thet Heighingtom will be his tackle buddy (Just like Ellis is Benji's).

If that defensive partnership works i will feel better.

I would definately start with J Mo at Hooker and Robbie on the bench then bring Robbie on after 30 mins.

@Balmain Bug said:
I would definately start with J Mo at Hooker and Robbie on the bench then bring Robbie on after 30 mins.

Ok…now Im sure you are insane. :laughing:

Tell me scoop,why would you keep our playmaker off the field for the first 20 mins,to avoid the softening up period????

You have to be kidding me????

Stuart would be doing cartwheels if you were the coach......thank Allah we have The Cunninghams lodger.

@Balmain Bug said:

To quote a channel 9 commentator

no no no no no

@cnx_tigers said:
Results have really gone our way the past week and a half…especially last night with the Cowboys AND Souths losing home games.

The teams in a bunch around us have to play each other a fair bit during the run in also...Broncs play Panthers, Knights play Cowboys next week, Parra and Penrith soon after etc etc.

It may well be that 28 points is enough to make the 8...and that 'for and against' is the thing that gets a team in.

Our run home is pretty tough...Sharks (should be) and easy game, Parra (tough game), Titans up there (tough game) and the Dogs (who showed last night that they never concede anything, will be a tough game).

Cronulla is really our last chance to signiicantly boost our F and A.

Realistically, the last three games will be tight.

Cronulla basically are fielding a reserve grade calibre side...some of these players were in the Sharks team that Balmain-Ryde Eastwood beat a month back....there's no real reason we shouldn't win easily tomorrow.

Every.Single. Point is going to matter from here on.

I'd like to see us control the first half and then really put the foot on the throat in the second half and win by 30 +.

We need to treat every minute of tomorrow's game with the intensity of a grand final...it's a real chance to kick a bit clear and be secure in the 8.

All we have to do is keep winning! but i hope Penrith lose then we will be on 26 and in 5th spot,,, your right we need to win by 20 points…

Yes, all we need to do is keep winning.

BUT…those last three games are very tough. It's conceivable that we could play very well in those games, not get the bounce of the ball / get the odd bad call and lose a couple of games.

Cronulla are crap. Even their coach is publicly saying he's counting down the mins until this year ends.

The Sharks are coming off a MONDAY NIGHT GAME...and...an interstate trip.

We should win this by a big, big margin.

Parra put 30 on them and boosted their F and A...now it's our turn.

It's not the time of the season to be cautious fellas...it's the time of the season to be ruthless.

And I don't mean "go out there and play touch footy"...i mean, go out there and dominate physically, establish our game,do all the little things right...wrap the game up with 30 mins to go and then **really lift the intensity and ram some points home**

Last night's results give us a HUGE incentive to put the sharks to the sword tomorrow. I think a win allows us one slip up in the final 3 rounds of the season too. Things are well placed for us but we need to captalise on the circumstances so far. Hopefully the eels can slip up tonight too. Got a feeling they may just do so.

Geez I hope you're TigerPete!

A Parra loss…and a Manly loss = perfect weekend :smiley:

I think Parra will win by 30 + v the Warriors though. The Warriors gave up even trying to tackle weeks ago. They are a deadset joke.

with manly doing a number on the roosters we need to win by 30+ tomorrow, we were only ahead of them by 9 on F&A prior to this game, this is why i thought it was stupid to bring lui in at this time of year, we have looked dynamite with benji and moltz in the halves and looked inept with most other combos this year

@simonthetiger said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Ok…now Im sure you are insane. :laughing:

Tell me scoop,why would you keep our playmaker off the field for the first 20 mins,to avoid the softening up period????

You have to be kidding me????

Stuart would be doing cartwheels if you were the coach......thank Allah we have The Cunninghams lodger.

I think Robbie needs a rest. J Mo will be on fire because he would want to impress Sticky. After 30 minutes, Cronulla will be tired. Bring Robbie on to destroy them in a ten minute blitzgrieg before halftime.

win the game first, then if we have time, really put them to the sword in the last 10\. I'd rather grind out a 12-10 win, than try and be fancy and lose.

Last night was exactly what I was talking about…Manly won AND boosted their F and A by 32.

Parra won AND boosted their F and A by 40.

Look when it comes down to it if we can't beat the sharks we don't deserve to be in the finals…

Back