Forum Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a balmain member at the time and boted on the merger in 1999 and when the club was voted on and formed it was always a 50-50 split of games LO and CSS
Different story now but at the time no agreement for south west corridor at all
Not according to Martin Bullock, who is adamant that was the agreement.

Reactions: BZN
Maybe I’m offside here, but I have a question for those in the know, are other NRL forums like our one , better or worse. How and in which way ?
I've only ever visited the Kennel and the Eels forum. The Kennel is a bit of a basket case at times and the Eels forum supporters complain mightily when things don't go well on the field - like sack the coach after one poor performance.

I've only ever visited the Kennel and the Eels forum. The Kennel is a bit of a basket case at times and the Eels forum supporters complain mightily when things don't go well on the field - like sack the coach after one poor performance.
You are officially barred.
from going there again.

I've never been banned from the doggies forum🤣

not correct at all
What’s not correct at all ?

No one is saying the initial season was not to be half home games at either ground ...

Bullock who was the Western Suburbs CEO and then the Wests Tigers CEO - and with respect, I reckon he would know the inside machinations a tad better than some punter rocking up to vote. He is adamant that the agreement was that the club be based in the burgeoning south west corridor.

Game agreements have to change...
We were broke.

We had to sell a few games...

What’s not correct at all ?

No one is saying the initial season was not to be half home games at either ground ...

Bullock who was the Western Suburbs CEO and then the Wests Tigers CEO - and with respect, I reckon he would know the inside machinations a tad better than some punter rocking up to vote. He is adamant that the agreement was that the club be based in the burgeoning south west corridor.
not true mate plain and simple
the vote from the balmain end was never for a move to south west absolute rubbish. I remember John chalk detailing to all the members, the balmain members also had the parramatta proposal from Dennis Fitzgerald to review at the same time

the vote from the balmain end was never for a move to south west absolute rubbish. I remember John chalk detailing to all the members, the balmain members also had the parramatta proposal from Dennis Fitzgerald to review at the same time
OK, I’ve done some digging and you’re correct, and I was only half correct.

It seems the agreement was nutted out at the first Wests Tigers board meeting (not pre merger). By the second meeting, the Balmain members on the WT Board had reneged on the deal.

And from that point on everything became a Wests vs Balmain thing for many many many years ...

OK, I’ve done some digging and you’re correct, and I was only half correct.

It seems the agreement was nutted out at the first Wests Tigers board meeting (not pre merger). By the second meeting, the Balmain members on the WT Board had reneged on the deal.

And from that point on everything became a Wests vs Balmain thing for many many many years ...
Congratulations and very well done on a great bit of research @Bus 2 Terrigal (y) :) 🌟 🥇
The facts were always out there and it just took a bit of digging from You for all on here to see why WT have been such a mess till now.
Hopefully we can all now forget the Us V Them stuff and realise Our Wests Magpies and Balmain Tigers are a unified group working together as Wests Tigers.

Congratulations and very well done on a great bit of research @Bus 2 Terrigal (y) :) 🌟 🥇
The facts were always out there and it just took a bit of digging from You for all on here to see why WT have been such a mess till now.
Hopefully we can all now forget the Us V Them stuff and realise Our Wests Magpies and Balmain Tigers are a unified group working together as Wests Tigers.
Seems like that good debate is settled,
And what matters now is what the club is planning to do and what they are saying.

I believe that Lee Hagipantelis is 100% correct in moving the WT forward and in the right direction.

Lee Hagipantelis:
"We must always be faithful to our historical roots, that is the Inner West of Balmain and the South West of the Western Suburbs."
“The Centre of Excellence at Concord will service the Inner West, but what we need to do is produce something similar for the South West, and we are well advanced in those discussions.”
“A lot of other rugby league areas have benefitted from generous grants from the government, and I see no reason why the South West shouldn’t also be a beneficiary."

Yr
Yes I was also at all the 1999 meetings as a Balmain Football Club member and your recollection matches mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back