Forum Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the fun of it I did a quick count of the Posters names on here and I came up with Tigers+ Balmain as the 1st words = approx 275.
The same for Magpies + Wests = 57
This is NOT an Us V Them exercise or intended to add any fuel to any fire or anything like that at all.
I'm only mentioning this as a matter of interest..... ie.....if anyone is interested.
I'm happy to be corrected though re the numbers.
Ps.....I was criticised very unfairly by a certain ex Mod a while back for having the Magpies1963 name as he claimed I was being divisive.
It just shows how petty/insecure things were with some people a couple of years ago, 20 years after We became Wests Tigers.
I've posted on here since 05 and they done a poll back then and it was in excess two thirds Balmain background

With the media bias especially back then alot from the Magpies side never fitted in here.

That's why a little Magpies injection now and then from us balances things out a bit.

Gotta remember, if one followed the Magpies we have already been pissed off in 83, 84 been excluded and then forced to play put of Campbelltown then the JV whereas Balmain fans only had to absorb the JV.

So no more cancellation.

Reactions: BZN
We still might have to fight a relocation yet, take us out of Sydney with all the expansion bullshit and squandering. Promises of purple.

The people who manage the game are completely out of touch, highly paid flips who go straight into corporate boxes and lobster mornay.

They can’t even find a single official who can recognise a third rate dive.

Crowds are down and people are sick of the top 8 changing once a decade or so.

My favourite nrl scam at the moment is the pilfering of us bottom feeders to help the marquee clubs recover from Injuries.

We may as well put Nado on the short term 2022 loan market.

Yet the game continues to ignore some big challenges ahead such as the number of players with latent head and other bad injuries which it will need to address.

I think Rugby League will change pretty radically in the next 20 years.

Last edited:
We still might have to fight a relocation yet, take us out of Sydney with all the expansion bullshit and squandering. Promises of purple.

The people who manage the game are completely out of touch, highly paid flips who go straight into corporate boxes and lobster mornay.

My favourite nrl scam at the moment is the pilfering of us bottom feeders to help the marquee clubs recover from Injuries.

Yet the game continues to ignore some big challenges ahead such as the number of players with latent head and other bad injuries which it will need to address.

League needs to change by about 180 degrees imo because at the moment it is killing off it's traditional supporter base by turning the game into a stop/start game governed for media interests.
The game seems to be governed by business interests and is rapidly losing its definition as a sport and is becoming predictable "entertainment" like professional wrestling

Who on this forum is “clinging to Balmain or the Magpies like a security blanket”? I haven’t read anyone that fits into that category.

Of course their are people who support Western Suburbs and not the Wests Tigers, which of course they’re totally entitled to do. I’m sure if Balmain were playing in one or two senior grades they’d have a number of similar supporters.

In saying that however, I haven’t come across any non-WT supporters on this forum. So I’m a bit perplexed as to why every time Western Suburbs or Balmain are mentioned I get to read the party line trotted out as if we’re all under threat of being subverted 🤪
200 pages behind,but have u heard of Magpie Memoir,its available 4 times a year on paper or puter

This is all bang on. Well said.

League needs to change by about 180 degrees imo because at the moment it is killing off it's traditional supporter base by turning the game into a stop/start game governed for media interests.
The game seems to be governed by business interests and is rapidly losing its definition as a sport and is becoming predictable "entertainment" like professional wrestling
G'day @jadtiger A couple of months ago I had a look at a couple of Wests Magpies matches from the 90's from memory.
I dont know whether it was just me reliving those long ago memories, but I genuinely believe the footy was more entertaining to watch back then than now.
So your idea of it being a more stop/start game now I reckon is 💯 correct.

200 pages behind,but have u heard of Magpie Memoir,its available 4 times a year on paper or puter
Bus 2 Terrigal may have heard of it, but I certainly haven't.
I just had a really quick look at it on the puter but will leave it for another day to actually read it.
So thanks @Merlot for mentioning this (y):).

The purple trim was the kicker. We had season tickets in the Parra stadium Grandstand facing west (Kenny Stand?) Reasonable crowds at the start of the season which dwindled as losses accumulated. The next year rolled up and we were in the bar and the barman recognised us from last season and told the staff that we would be his only customers by season's end and sadly they would probably not have jobs thanks to the entertaining Sydney Tigers 🍻
those jerseys were terrible haha

They may not want people like us with passion. We know what we want what we like so are not as malleable a market as sponsors may like.

But for the NRL losing the fanatics for new markets could ruin them quickly as people without passion move on quickly.

Either way Vlandys will ruin the game.

Last edited:
Bus 2 Terrigal may have heard of it, but I certainly haven't.
I just had a really quick look at it on the puter but will leave it for another day to actually read it.
So thanks @Merlot for mentioning this (y):).
if they aren;t the same people-love 2c a shoot out on a trivia night .lol,

Sorry Merlot but I'm not getting the meaning of your post :unsure:
As Pauline Hanson said "please explain" (y) :)
very knowledgable man is B2 Terrigal.love the Magpies Balmain arrgy barrgy-their our GranDads we should never forget,argue fuss or fight on /about our heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back