Forum Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another suicidal blight on the game is the number of ex legends cluttering up the commentary with blokefests.

Far and away the most brain dead of these is Joey Johns.

Every time a player scores, he rabbits on about how great or promising the try scoring player is, with little or no comment on the pass or play that sent young mate over the line.

The rest is drivel only to be understood by 14 year olds.

Spent most of his career off his face and is rewarded with turn the other cheek immortal status.

Another suicidal blight on the game is the number of ex legends cluttering up the commentary with blokefests.

Every time a player scores, he rabbits on about how great or promising the try scoring player is, with little or no comment on the pass or play that sent young mate over the line.

Spent most of his career off his face and is rewarded with turn the other cheek immortal status.
Exactly my thought on Johns

• Love
Reactions: TSP
Exactly my thought on Johns
He had a minder during his career because he couldn’t be trusted.

I’m not saying he wasn’t a good footballer, but his driveway doesn’t make it down to the street.

And let’s not forget the late Bob Fulton who was notoriously mean and I have a mate he ripped off.

Just got the service and refused to pay.

Whatever people think of seibold, he knows his footy and is a capable and coherent analyst and I’d think he’d add some much needed gravitas and composure to a call.

Every now and again, you’ll hear Ruan Sims with some in depth, but on the abc they shove her on the sidelines. Wtf she’s their best expert.

It’s the difference between simply describing what is happening v explaining why and what the attack is trying to do or tried to do. That’s her chief go.

But 99% of the media want bears dancing on barrels.

Players being arrested or injured gets clicks. Then poor old jacko tweeted he’s taking 30 minutes to get into the shower, constant chronic pain. I’m just glad we sent him out a winner.

And Bellamy thinks the grub in the tackle is ok.

Last edited:

Agreed. The bloke is a drug [This word has been automatically removed]ed idiot.
How many times do you hear him say a certain players talent is ‘scarey’? Most of those guys are outside backs who are literally finishing off someone else’s great work.

Reactions: TSP
Too much orange ,Too much black and white, blah blah
One thing I know for sure is players of note are hesitant when considering a move to Wests Tigers .I feel that some still have their first love is who they supported in the last millennium and their 2nd love is the Wests Tigers .
I believe our difficulty in attracting top players is connected .
Compare all the signings and rumours of signing elsewhere
I don't count players at the back end of their career who can't get contract extensions where they are!
We need a singular identity and home ground and tired of people calling us a basket case

Reactions: BZN
That’ll be good.
More piss breaks…
More of forum utterances, good grief!

Young bloke at work ( ex Panther junior) wants eye for eye suspension illegal play.

Said Cardigan should be suspended until jacko can play.

Thought it was unnecessary and totally deliberate.

Yes, I avoid the pre game blather for precisely the same reasons.

It puzzles me that they think this is something the fans enjoy or want to listen to.

And it’s frightening to think, this is as high as it gets.

Years ago, Bomber McCrae was a guest expert and he was top shelf. Not at all interested in bloke fest but spoke to ball movement, the defence pattern and the ambition by the teams.

Thus he was able to predict plays in advance and we could judge execution.

It was like you were part of the coaches box.

Tv commentary is putrid and entirely unlistenable.

Last edited:

More of forum utterances, good grief!

Young bloke at work ( ex Panther junior) wants eye for eye suspension illegal play.

Said Cardigan should be suspended until jacko can play.

Thought it was unnecessary and totally deliberate.
worth at least 6 wks min

No Klembot.

He’s been a very naughty boy.

Madge linked to the knights next season. And knowing our luck, he will succeed!

Heard Ricky defaming Salmon, that’s at least a $100,000 law suit in defamation. It was entertaining to say the least.

I might chip in to help Ricky.

Salmons issue is that he has the overall appearance of a dickhead. Just his head, it’s decrepit and horrible. Ricky has the defence of truth to call on.

More coaches should let rip on players.

No Klembot.

He’s been a very naughty boy.

Madge linked to the knights next season. And knowing our luck, he will succeed.

Heard Ricky defaming Salmon, that’s at least a $100,000 law suit.

I might chip in to help Ricky.
whats the accusation-Stew it n the reserve grader-what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back