Forwards

Just need to find some replacements now 😂
Your man Tapine would be my number 1 target.

I’d also consider Thompson. I know some don’t like him but he was very good yesterday and last year he was easily the Dogs best forward.

Obviously it looks like Crichton is a no go but I’d still dangle that carrot. The Roosters still haven’t registered his contract so even though he wants to stay it may not be his choice.

The concerning thing is our most consistent prop this year has been Tamou and it looks like he’s off next year too so we need to come up with something.

The team misses Nofa and Jet their runs out of trouble were covering up the lack of power and leg speed in our forwards. We can’t make meters and not strong enough to stop them.
Punt noffaloser he’s not a winner. Go and be an influencer

Your man Tapine would be my number 1 target.

I’d also consider Thompson. I know some don’t like him but he was very good yesterday and last year he was easily the Dogs best forward.

Obviously it looks like Crichton is a no go but I’d still dangle that carrot. The Roosters still haven’t registered his contract so even though he wants to stay it may not be his choice.

The concerning thing is our most consistent prop this year has been Tamou and it looks like he’s off next year too so we need to come up with something.

Tapine a massive yes Thompson an empthatic NO

Missed Twal...

Yas all calling him a plodder a month ago.

He is a plodder, started the season ordinary but has since found his form.
I like Twal always have just wish he wouldn't stop at the line and would find an offload.

We did miss Twal but it also highlighted how bad our forward depth is (it's getting worse not better) & how far away Seyfarth (who some think is the bees knees) is from being a NRL quality player.

I'll admit before the game I thought Twal was no loss. Seyfarth will replace him no problems. Twal out might be the reason we were smashed but we've been rolled with him on the park plenty of times. It's hard to say if he makes a difference.

Stef isn't up to it atm.

Twal out might have been a big part of the problem though. He is a great defender.

Seyfarth this year has been terrible as a bench forward. Mika was copping it here but at least he would make meters and hold onto the ball this season. Sure Seyfarth has had a high defensive work rate but he is often the 2nd/3rd person in, he hasn't pulled off a hit for a while & he is also the worst forward in the NRL for meters gained v minutes played + has some bad errors/penalties in him.

Seyfarth is a perfect example of how bad a side we are & lack of depth we have. We all get distracted by the players passion (him yelling standing over a player which we all love) over the actual output they provide. The fact we need to see something like that says it all really.

Seyfarth this year has been terrible as a bench forward. Mika was copping it here but at least he would make meters and hold onto the ball this season.

I agree with you. I was hoping Seyfarth would be a gun this year. He has been poor. Mikaele should have been retained.

Mikaele is interesting. He is basically a dud. He can also dent the line.

The fans scream out to get rid of players like Mikaele to get better but getting better isn't so easy.

Tapine a massive yes Thompson an empthatic NO
Thompson averaged 142m per game last year. Breaks tackles and has an offload.

His form this year is a bit down but he is still averaging over 100m per game, and 95% tackle efficiency which is better than most of our props.

Seyfarth this year has been terrible as a bench forward. Mika was copping it here but at least he would make meters and hold onto the ball this season. Sure Seyfarth has had a high defensive work rate but he is often the 2nd/3rd person in, he hasn't pulled off a hit for a while & he is also the worst forward in the NRL for meters gained v minutes played + has some bad errors/penalties in him.

Seyfarth is a perfect example of how bad a side we are & lack of depth we have. We all get distracted by the players passion (him yelling standing over a player which we all love) over the actual output they provide. The fact we need to see something like that says it all really.
We have too many “pillow” / no impact forwards!

Thompson averaged 142m per game last year. Breaks tackles and has an offload.

His form this year is a bit down but he is still averaging over 100m per game, and 95% tackle efficiency which is better than most of our props.

He is also grossly overpaid and like his mate Gildart supposedly very homesick.That is not going to help imo plus he has had many issues with the judiciary.All of that tells me to stay well away from him

Try for Haas, Tapine Vaughan and we already have Joe O plus Ali and Papali coming.

Steph, Seyfarth, Musgrove and co on the bench.

Souths pack made it look like men against boys after 40 minutes so either they are not fit or south's pack was just bigger, stronger faster as they rolled up field 60+:meters on every set 2nd half while our pack couldn't make headway .This makes it tough for our half's but after 8 years can't see Brooks ever making standout performances and feel Madden could grow into role

What about TPJ ? If someone can get the best out of him he could be pretty decent. When he is focused he is a strong ball runner.

He is the sort of player that we need. The problem is that you need to get a good value for money contract for him.

Seyfarth is a puppy dog at play. He’s the one most likely to flop on an already tackled player.
Tapine would be massive for us!
Thompson is a soft marshmallow

Seyfarth is a puppy dog at play. He’s the one most likely to flop on an already tackled player.
Tapine would be massive for us!
Thompson is a soft marshmallow
He's been disappointing the last few games but has been used wrong IMO. Seems to lack a purpose lately so he must be unsure of his role.

Needs to start if ypu play him with a set role.

Not experienced enough to adapt with the injury disruptions.

Latest posts

Back