Fox NRL Commentators are the biggest Cancer on Wests Tigers

Interim coach Brett Kimmorley won't say just yet what position best suits Adam Doueihi (c) at Wests.'t say just yet what position best suits Adam Doueihi (c) at Wests.
Interim coach Brett Kimmorley won't say just yet what position best suits Adam Doueihi (c) at Wests. Credit: AAP

Interim coach Brett Kimmorley won't divulge details of a meeting with Adam Doueihi earlier this week after it emerged the Wests Tigers playmaker wanted to be dropped to reserve grade.
Doueihi has been named to play centre against Parramatta on Saturday at Leichhardt Oval in his first starting appearance since an ACL injury last year.
Kimmorley has stuck by under-pressure playmaker Luke Brooks and Jackson Hastings in the halves as part of a spluttering attack that has averaged just six points over their last three games.
Doueihi met with Kimmorley this week where it is claimed the former Rabbitoh said he would rather further his development as a five-eighth and play for the Tigers' NSW Cup side than play in the centres.
Kimmorley said on Friday: "Any issues you'd like to know about we'll handle behind closed doors."
The Lebanon international, however, has clearly enjoyed his best football in the halves.
But Kimmorley refused to speculate on Doueihi's best position.
"I've had the team for three weeks so to try and tell you guys what I think his best position is wouldn't be right," he said.
"He's a versatile player. I'm not going to get drawn into what I think his best position is.
"If you give me some time to get to know him and to see his strengths and weaknesses, I can give you a better opinion."
Brooks appears to be the odd man out at the Tigers after the arrival of Hastings over the off-season.
By and large the 27-year-old has failed to live up to the expectations set when he signed a five-year deal at the club in 2018 after being named the Dally M halfback of the year.
Brooks was linked with a move to Newcastle over the off-season and there is a school of thought the Tigers can entice a rival to take him off their hands for the 2023 season if they put him in the first-grade shop window.
Kimmorley, however, refuted the suggestion his team selection was being influenced by wishes of the club's football department.
"I pick the side and I obviously liaise with my assistant coaches. It's not just what I want to do, I obviously seek support from them," he said.
"I feel like I've got their full support (of my coaches), the support of (head of football) Tim (Sheens) and the club as well. My job is to coach now.
So what do we take out of it now.

I'm not sticking up for the Fox dropkicks, but here's how I see it.

NRL isn't a big sport by any means. It's only popular in two states of Australia. Most of the time there is not much to report on.

But, we have a tv channel dedicated to it and journos who are tasked with getting views and clicks on articles to keep shareholders happy.

So if there is no news, they need to invent it. That often means bending the truth or completely making things up.

Sometimes it also means kicking a team when they're down - it makes for good tv.

Journalism in 2022 isn't about facts, it's just about clicks and filling in the minutes between commercials.

This is sort of guess work and question posing. Why doe’s Doueihi have a (c) next to his name. And the article ends with , my job is to coach now.

Doueihi has the Mbye curse. He’ll never settle in one position. He’s just one of those players. He’ll fit in where he’s needed.

Nothing will change until the government regulate journalism and make journalist accountable......which will never happen.
All media is legally regulated by defamation and libel laws which are the toughest in the world.

I don't know what else you'd suggest aside from totalitarian Government censorship?

Fox NRL is not journalism by any means - it is the sports equivalent of a mash-up of gossip column and opinion piece/editorial.

Dogs coach gone, Warriors coach gone, Titian's coach on the way out, but somehow, someway, the majority of negative articles are about us.

I guess we have more supporters than those clubs and generate more clicks.
Dogs coach quit, Warriors coach quit. Our coach was sacked and we failed to secure a replacement. Our mocking is justified.

Dogs coach gone, Warriors coach gone, Titian's coach on the way out, but somehow, someway, the majority of negative articles are about us.

100% correct. Clickbait.

Fox Sports was the best thing to happen to footy for a long time but that changed when they made Fox League and turned all the journos into celebrities. Now they report on their own opinions as stories and it becomes the narrative. The Tigers are a crap side, no one wants to come and these germs really exacerbate it by constantly kicking us.

Look what this clown wears on MMM radio and has the hide to make up rumours to destabilise the team and club. We have done some stupid things but to bag the side you follow to get a pay check is wrong.

Attachments

• 3245FB06-216D-411D-AFFF-B9FC3C1211A0.jpeg
    3245FB06-216D-411D-AFFF-B9FC3C1211A0.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 27

Don't forget parramatta have been not that happy about their coach nor have St george, at least we know for the next 5yrs our direction.

Members online

Back