Fullback Recruit

@ said:
@ said:
Not unusual for a topic to go off on a tangent at times…can make for even more interesting discussion....deliberate swearing is not on and very annoying to delete multiple posts

For example Patriot has put some very good points forward and given me something to reflect upon..
\
\
sooo Brooks would make a terrible fullback suss under the highball..there fixed..

Not fixed!! My reply to the swearing was very funny (and clean) and it’s been deleted!!

So has mine!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Why is it that the so called JT fan boys are the ones constantly being told to move on from talking about him. His critics are just as bad. They can't let go either.

Because his fan boys are trying to rewrite history.

You're doing a good job of that too saying he assembled an average forward pack for Brooks, implying he assembled them out of choice. He had no money to do anything. You can bag him for a lot of stuff, but some take the licence to bash him for anything and everything, even the things he had no control over, like the salary cap. Then praise Cleary. Their roster management is completely incomparable due to the difference of the cap situation. You'll probably call me a fanboy, whatever. Only saying criticise him for stuff he actually had control over, of which there are dozens of things. You don't need to make up stories.

Was he in control of our defence or was that out of his hands aswell lol lol

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Why is it that the so called JT fan boys are the ones constantly being told to move on from talking about him. His critics are just as bad. They can't let go either.

You're doing a good job of that too saying he assembled an average forward pack for Brooks, implying he assembled them out of choice. He had no money to do anything. You can bag him for a lot of stuff, but some take the licence to bash him for anything and everything, even the things he had no control over, like the salary cap. Then praise Cleary. Their roster management is completely incomparable due to the difference of the cap situation. You'll probably call me a fanboy, whatever. Only saying criticise him for stuff he actually had control over, of which there are dozens of things. You don't need to make up stories.

The commentators have been very critical of the Roosters attack. Is Jason Taylor there Attack Coach ?

multiple pages about JT and Brooks in a fullback thread. What garbage at what point does it end?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

The commentators have been very critical of the Roosters attack. Is Jason Taylor there Attack Coach ?

For all the players we have signed and or lost over the past few years and the impact that has had on our club, the most significant impact and the best thing to happen to our club and team, was the sacking of JT after two and a bit years of turmoil and no progress, and the hiring of Cleary who has managed to turn things around with a roster that at the beginning of the year were considered favourites for the wooden spoon.
Still early days, but has already shown enough to show it was best decision this club has made in a long time, while hiring JT -complete disaster.

We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice aswell.

Hope he's ready for that snap inside chip that dce tends to use more and more lately. I hope the day goes well for Corey. If he shines, we could be in for a great afternoon.

@ said:
We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice aswell.

This could be a good idea. Kill two birds with one stone as it would force Lolohea to centre and we can see how he goes there at the same time.

@ said:

Physically a long way off first grade. Like Ryan Pap and Matt Dufty, he will be best served holding back until physically ready. May take 2 years, even 3\. So we have plenty of time to sign another fullback.

Bevan French has spat the dummy upon Guthersons return and ran the ball once last night.Was electric at fullback in 2016 injured last year. Again another small fullback but a quality player that may want out.

@ said:
Bevan French has spat the dummy upon Guthersons return and ran the ball once last night.Was electric at fullback in 2016 injured last year. Again another small fullback but a quality player that may want out.

We just got rid of a player with that attitude… Do we need another one?

@ said:
@ said:
We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice as well.

Physically a long way off first grade. Like Ryan Pap and Matt Dufty, he will be best served holding back until physically ready. May take 2 years, even 3\. So we have plenty of time to sign another fullback.

I agree to some degree, Ryan Pap has only played one game for Sunshine Coast Falcons and to me, he looked out of his deep in that game.But Matt Dufty is going great at this movement. There are a few good fullbacks in the ISP, Jai field, William Kennedy just to name a few.

@ said:
@ said:

We just got rid of a player with that attitude… Do we need another one?

Fair point but he would have zero competition at fullback with Thompson on the wing. I am sure I read we wanted him for Moses but Eels declined.

French is a good player but on the small side…
Don't think he's the player we want or need.

Awful game last night.

Back