Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe

@happy_tiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349829) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349465) said:
@davey_farrell said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349420) said:
Thats not even a points decision, that is a knockout !! Webster has destroyed Lee!! Everything that Webster has said is true and they are not vial at all!!
He is a journalist and is allowed to have opinion pieces i thought. I actually thought it was a good and fair article and Lee is getting now just embarressing.
As Webster said he cant shut his mouth, Surely there must be someone at the club to tell him to shut his mouth, he is actually hurting the club with his comments.
I am now cringing with every thing he says now!!

so now we are on the nose with
News Limited
SMH

well done boys

We are on the nose with our own fans .....

You’re a poor supporter

@gallagher said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349783) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349741) said:
@gallagher said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349491) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349402) said:
@gallagher said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349352) said:
@mike said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349284) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349268) said:
Interesting one home ground is firm on the agenda wonder where our parra stadium will be didn’t confirm or deny cambo

Liverpool

We'll never go to just one home ground in Sydney. They just can't bring themselves to do something that isnt half arsed.

it will cause us to lose half a membership base.
inner city is not going to go to campbletown to watch games every week
the club must have records of where members live etc they know what might happen to a move like that.

Youre talking about losing fans by heading to Liverpool. Wests ave crowd in the last 5 years at Lidcombe was 5k. First 5 years at Campbo was 8k.
If fans have just one choice of home grounds then they will go, mostly.

@jedi_tiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349402) said:
@gallagher said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349352) said:
@mike said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349284) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1349268) said:
Interesting one home ground is firm on the agenda wonder where our parra stadium will be didn’t confirm or deny cambo

Liverpool

We'll never go to just one home ground in Sydney. They just can't bring themselves to do something that isnt half arsed.

it will cause us to lose half a membership base.
inner city is not going to go to campbletown to watch games every week
the club must have records of where members live etc they know what might happen to a move like that.

ok on that theory make it LO or SFS
I know plenty of members that are bankwest and LO members but do not have a membership for campbletown.
The club woukd have records on this they are not stupid otherwise they would have done it years ago

Ive said many times that I don't give a stuff where they choose. I've just been told Liverpool is on the table. Sorry if it scares Leichhardt fans.

I love Leichhardt (member for there)but I’d be happy if they just played there once a year on a Sunday afternoon for nostalgia. Need to pick somewhere and stick. Not ANZ or Bank West though.

Tigers chairman slams ‘ridiculous’ claims

The lack of fight Wests Tigers players showed on the day they were supposed to be honouring Magpies great Tom Raudonikis has been used as a reason to call for coach Michael Maguire to be sacked.

What has not been raised publicly was the centre-stage performance of chairman Lee Hagipantelis before a ball was kicked that day. And it highlights how the club’s hierarchy is lacking in direction and out of touch.

Wests Tigers have struggled with their identity since day one. The way Hagipantelis was front and centre displaying a “retired” No.7 jumper to the Leichhardt Oval faithful was difficult to watch.

Almost anyone else who played for Wests or West Tigers would have been better to hold the jumper than the chairman. The head of a law firm in designer clothes was about as far way from Raudonikis as you can get.

I asked Hagipantelis if he was close to Raudonikis. The chairman was honest with his answer: “No.”
So, why did he hold the jumper?

“I was asked to and it was an honour,” he said.

He is angry at the perception that he was trying steal the limelight.

“I was not doing it to big note [myself] – that’s not me and I’d like to know where this is coming from,” he said. “It’s ridiculous. I don’t need to promote myself or my business. My business is doing fine. I don’t understand the perception. I was asked by the board to retire the Wests Tigers’ No.7. We didn’t have much time to organise things, so I did it and we will do a special tribute to Tommy on May 9 in Campbelltown where we will play in the Wests jumper. It will be a great day.

“If anyone has a problem with what I did, they can contact me ... I answer all my calls and I am always available and I only retired the jumper because I was asked.”

Hagipantelis is an intelligent man. On reflection, he will realise it was a poor decision.

“I’ll wear the bad decisions, but I won’t put up with personal attacks,” he said.

He has the ear of a number of journalists around town and knows very well how to deliver a message. His public support of his coach has been tepid. Until now.

“We are not looking to sack Michael,” he said. “I have not been saying anything differently to people privately. I have told Michael the same thing I am saying to you. He is safe.”

What is clear is that Maguire has not had a clear run with the Tigers.

“Madge” considers the media to be an intrusion. The last thing he wanted was a documentary made of their season. But that’s what is happening. It is being done to appease sponsors. It is hard to imagine Maguire’s mentor, Craig Bellamy, bending or being made to bend to allow this to happen.

https://tinyurl.com/6p2fkthd

@wt2k said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1351474) said:
Tigers chairman slams ‘ridiculous’ claims

The lack of fight Wests Tigers players showed on the day they were supposed to be honouring Magpies great Tom Raudonikis has been used as a reason to call for coach Michael Maguire to be sacked.

What has not been raised publicly was the centre-stage performance of chairman Lee Hagipantelis before a ball was kicked that day. And it highlights how the club’s hierarchy is lacking in direction and out of touch.

Wests Tigers have struggled with their identity since day one. The way Hagipantelis was front and centre displaying a “retired” No.7 jumper to the Leichhardt Oval faithful was difficult to watch.

Almost anyone else who played for Wests or West Tigers would have been better to hold the jumper than the chairman. The head of a law firm in designer clothes was about as far way from Raudonikis as you can get.

I asked Hagipantelis if he was close to Raudonikis. The chairman was honest with his answer: “No.”
So, why did he hold the jumper?

“I was asked to and it was an honour,” he said.

He is angry at the perception that he was trying steal the limelight.

“I was not doing it to big note [myself] – that’s not me and I’d like to know where this is coming from,” he said. “It’s ridiculous. I don’t need to promote myself or my business. My business is doing fine. I don’t understand the perception. I was asked by the board to retire the Wests Tigers’ No.7. We didn’t have much time to organise things, so I did it and we will do a special tribute to Tommy on May 9 in Campbelltown where we will play in the Wests jumper. It will be a great day.

“If anyone has a problem with what I did, they can contact me ... I answer all my calls and I am always available and I only retired the jumper because I was asked.”

Hagipantelis is an intelligent man. On reflection, he will realise it was a poor decision.

“I’ll wear the bad decisions, but I won’t put up with personal attacks,” he said.

He has the ear of a number of journalists around town and knows very well how to deliver a message. His public support of his coach has been tepid. Until now.

“We are not looking to sack Michael,” he said. “I have not been saying anything differently to people privately. I have told Michael the same thing I am saying to you. He is safe.”

What is clear is that Maguire has not had a clear run with the Tigers.

“Madge” considers the media to be an intrusion. The last thing he wanted was a documentary made of their season. But that’s what is happening. It is being done to appease sponsors. It is hard to imagine Maguire’s mentor, Craig Bellamy, bending or being made to bend to allow this to happen.

https://tinyurl.com/6p2fkthd

That last point about Madge considering the media an intrusion is way off the mark.

doesn't matter if he was asked to, he shouldn't have done it. should've been Roy Masters.

@jrtiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1351517) said:
doesn't matter if he was asked to, he shouldn't have done it. should've been Roy Masters.

Agreed mate. Also shows how tone deaf the board is.

It was poor form by the board to ask him and poorer form shown by Lee to accept and then place blame on the board for their idea. Good luck expecting the team to take accountability for their on field performance when the executive team don't.
On a side note, I'm getting sick of Lee threatening anyone slightly critical of him with legal action. He needs to grow a pair. I bet he was the kid at school who ran to the teacher's office whenever a bully sized him up.

@jrtiger said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1351517) said:

First comment here and this subject or Tommy's passing, and tend to agree that it was a poor choice on many fronts. Whether Masters or say a player of that era was chosen is debatable, but the lawyer chair of a club was about as distant from the knockabout player that one could select.

On another front, I don’t know why some people expected more from our players on match day because of his passing. Most, if not all of the players had no contact with the man at all, nor have watched him play. Thus, unlike the middle aged and older amongst us, they had no attachment, rather a distraction leading into the match.

bumping this as its relevant more than ever now. how many articles is lee quoted in this week? thinking at least 3, maybe up to 5. lets see if he can hit double digits by end of week

original post here got 22 downvotes! wonder if those same people are still feeling in support of our chair

can he just shut up already? even when the dragons were doing a review with gus we never heard as much as a peep from their board. this club is already embarrasing enough Lee, please dont make it any worse

@momo_amp_medo said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1266495) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1266490) said:
The Chairman is a clown. 3 times in 12 months he’s stuck his nose into contract negotiations. Twice he’s come out mid-contract negotiation with 2 marquee players, and run his mouth. Not saying he cost us those players, but he made the club look amateurish. And he still can’t help himself discussing James Roberts. He’s a moron. As for Pascoe, I’ve shared emails with him, he seems like a genuinely decent guy, but take pride in your appearance man. If not for your sake, the clubs.

Very ordinary comment.
Time to give yourself a nice little uppercut.
If you're so gun ho ..... go and tell them personally or is that too far from your keyboard.

Thoughts now??

Yep, I actually get keeping Pascoe, despite his completely hopeless media performances, because you can point to things he's done, but what has Lee done beside embarrass us and use the club as a massive self-promotion device? The guy gets so much free publicity from his role and none of it has been good for our club. I honestly prefer when people are quoting Benny Elias these days. Someone get him to stop!

@watersider said in [Gag order required for Hagipantelis and Pascoe](/post/1468395) said:
Yep, I actually get keeping Pascoe, despite his completely hopeless media performances, because you can point to things he's done, but what has Lee done beside embarrass us and use the club as a massive self-promotion device? The guy gets so much free publicity from his role and none of it has been good for our club. I honestly prefer when people are quoting Benny Elias these days. Someone get him to stop!

Take away Lee and Pascoe’s claim to fame (sponsors) is probably dead in the water.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I am sick and tired of these two and their love for being quoted in the media.

Pascoe, twice this year, for both Parramatta games give Nicolussi fodder to create 'rivalry' articles in SMH on Moses and Matterson, making us look as if we're talking tough prior to the game and then even more ridiculous when we lost (both games), and dont even get me started on us playing parra twice at bankwest AGAIN...

Hagipantelis, always talking big game about prospective signings and now talking tough in regards to Aloiai... (Dont get me wrong, both sides look bad in this situation). Guess what, no marquee signings and the only real result is continuing an ongoing media circus around the club

This is such a bad look for the club, I cant really think of many other clubs that provide this much cash-for-comment crap chasing media exposure, and the one i can think of was the Broncos last year, and we all know how that panned out...

I used to try and remain positive during these kind of situations, 'It'll blow over', 'I'm sure they know what they're doing' etc etc, but this neverending positioning of WT as a club unable to get a deal done, and as publicly as possible is past a joke..

We can blame the player agents etc for agitating, but the real professional clubs get the deals done behind closed doors without comment in the media, and theyre the ones that remain respectable. Our administration HAVE to start acting professionally, because it hurts as a fan only seeing this club in relation to controversy, as opposed to results.
going by the title,its a big yes

Members online

Back