Geoff Daniela - Confirmed

IronTiger

wil be playing in Tigers colours next year. From OS

Sorry didn;t see this anywhere else, mods delete if i've doubled up.

Mixed reports about this guy. Some say he has loads of talent, others say he's not real good. Time will tell, but im not keen on his size for an outside back, but maybe he could be dynamite at fullback with his speed.

@king sirro said:
Mixed reports about this guy. Some say he has loads of talent, others say he's not real good. Time will tell, but im not keen on his size for an outside back, but maybe he could be dynamite at fullback with his speed.

It's funny i know the name just can't picture him

He reminds me just a little of Jarrod Hayne - can be dynamite, can be shocking.

Will be good to see how he goes.

I wonder who the other backs will be that Sheens mentioned…

@helmesy said:

If the other 2 new signings are backs one will be Arana Taumata, the other I don't know maybe Cooper Vuna but I'm not confident. I'd prefer a front rower.

@willow said:
@helmesy said:

If the other 2 new signings are backs one will be Arana Taumata, the other I don't know maybe Cooper Vuna but I'm not confident. I'd prefer a front rower.

wouldn't tame toupu count as a back?

@helmesy said:

Rhys Pritchard ?

@BeeJay said:
@willow said:
@helmesy said:

wouldn't tame toupu count as a back?

He does count. Sheens said there will be 2 more signings though in addition to Tupou and Daniella. Maybe Taumata and as Staks suggested, Rhys Pritchard?

@IronTiger said:
@king sirro said:

It's funny i know the name just can't picture him

![](http://i30.tinypic.com/14uuip1.jpg)

Should be a good signing. Very young still, and is very quick.

Most Panthers fans are disappointed he's gone.

![](http://penrith.panthers.com.au/ContentFiles/NRL/Images/2008PROFILES/2008Daniela.jpg)

why why why are we signing fringe first graders when we have better prospects in BRET, West & NYC? :angry:

*sigh*

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the signing. What's the point of keeping Ryan and buying Tupou if they're also going to sign this guy.

Some Panthers' fans opinions:

he's a good player in my opinion

Very, very fast, solid player.
With our team at full strength, I would have him starting at centre (or on the wing with Gordon at centre).

Will be annoyed if we lose him tbh

Nah quality. great defence has speed. Almost all Panther fans want him kept

I was looking at him as a future kiwi rep.

Had limited opportunities - I think he has plenty of talent.

Compared to Beau "Average" Ryan - which when watching tigers is the nickname I use - he miles better
\
\
He has looked wonderful in his limited game time this season. He's no Michael Jennings, but he is definitely one of our more promising young players and he would have probably been a regular starter last season if it wasn't for injury.
\
\
I have to disagree. In JF in 2007 Brett Kenny said he was the best defensive centre in the comp. So He has outscored all our backs except for Jennings. What's he played 6 games and has 5 tries. That's not a bad strikerate.

How come Blair, Tighe or Elford haven't benefited from the same movements? They are S**T. don't compare him to Jennings he's a freak a just under a try a game is great for a number 2 centre
\
\
He's the only bloke we have used this season that has shown any sort of promise outside of Jennings and Gordon.

Some Stats:
DOB: 28/2/87 (he's still only 22)
Position: Centre/wing
Height: 181cm
Weights: 85kg

Actually made his debut against us in 07.

To compare: Ryan 186cm and 85kg, Collis 181cm and 91kg, Lawrence 187cm and 96kg.

So he's on the smaller side.

Have watched this kid run around in State Cup/1st grade for a while now. I can recall matches where he has absolutely carved up and really stood above that level. Then there are times i have seen him be absolutely woeful. He is either hot or cold and likely the next candidate to be nicknamed "Taps" at WT. His continual promotion and demotion between grades could also be a contributing factor to him not finding his feet.
I can't see him cementing a spot in the top 17 permanently. But i have been known to be wrong on the odd 1 or 2 occassions.. :laughing:

well can anyone explain this one? where is he going to play?? we signed to champion wingers for next year wohoooo one of them will miss out on First grade what a shame

our big signings are always reserve grade wingers

Robert Miles Nick Youngquest anyone?

Back